Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Hi folks,
Boy did I have a life like dream last night. It was one of those dreams that makes you wonder for a second or too when you wake up... I hope you don't all think I'm crazy! But I do often dream with bears in there somewhere! :rolleyes:

The dream.

We had all agreed to meet up a Sue Ann's house for a teddy bear convention. We had all agreed on Sue Ann's house as ABC tv had done an Extreme Makeover on her house and there was room for all of us to stay over night.Sue Ann asked us to put one of our own bear patterns into a box and she pulled out the winning bear pattern for us to make whilst at the convention. I was so happy as the winning pattern was one of my patterns (not a favourite one, I must add) it is the Japanese bear pattern which I designed for my Mikado bears. Our dear friend Marie had somehow known to bring lots of beautiful Japanese materials with her from Japan. Laura Lynn had bought her husband Bob with her and he was going to make the wooden shoes for the bears and Judi was going to paint all of the designs on the shoes. Marie was making all of the fans for the bears to hold and Marion was going to cut out all of the Kimono pieces for us all to sew together. We were all in Sue Ann's lovely wooded garden sewing away happily to the sound of beautiful music played on a grand piano by our dear friend Di,  Laurie, Rita and Winney were all singing in turn and Sue Ann's waiter was serving us all with strawberries and cream. The best part was Shelli doing a fan dance (sorry Shelli, I can't help what happens in dream land) We all had a fantastic time and I can still remember the dream so well, it was so real!
What makes you think I read all the posts on Teddy Talk bear_original I had the best nights sleep that I have had in a long time and although in dream land, I got to meet lots of my beary friends and we all made bears to take home to remind us of the very special day that Sue Ann opened up here wonderful (dream )home to us all. bear_original Here is a picture of the Mikado bears from my website.
bluemaid.jpgredmaid.jpgpinkmaid.jpg
Big Bear Hugs to all of you.
Jane

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Oh Jane!  Your bears are lovely and your dream .... oh that was GREAT!  bear_laugh

Kirsten So. Cal.
Website

Oh..great! I must have gone to New England! bear_rolleyes I'm always the one who gets lost!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

OH MY GOODNESS, Jane!!  I REALLY enjoyed hosting that teddy bear convention!!  Easiest party I've EVER hosted and I LUUUUUV my remodeled house (it certainly needed it) and the fact that I have servants!!  Beautiful dream!!  Your Japanese bears are very lovely and I'm so glad I picked your pattern for us all to make.  What a joy to have all of you cyber bear friends at my house . . . the pleasure was all mine!!  And thanks to you, Jane, for getting us all together.  Sweet dreams again!!  bear_laugh bear_laugh

P.S.  I DO hope we got a photo of Shelli's dance!!  bear_grin

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Wonderful Teddies Jane. Great dream too. The outfits are magnificant!!!

Hugs Louise

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

Jane...that was such a happy dream...now, didn't I make that red one?  OH glorious,,,I am back to singing my heart out and I have the best piano player around...I love the fantasy...your bears are so adorable, pretty colors and they look so happy..how could anyone resist buying them ?...Winney

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Fan dance?!?  Hmmm...

Not sure how to do a fan dance, but I'm sure the type that's game to try.

Sounds like a great party; I'm very glad I was invited along!

Thanks for sharing... bear_original

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

oH Kirsten, I'm sorry that somehow you didn't seem to be present...how was New England?
I'll try better tonight.
Extra special bear hugs for you...now about the photo of Shelli......:rolleyes:..................................:rolleyes:

Jane.

Laure Fool's Gold Bears
San Luis Obispo, CA

Jane, what an awesome dream!  So vivid.  Maybe it was a vision of the future.  Lovely costumes on your Mikado bears. bear_laugh

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Jane,  your bear is so lovely!  with the cute kimono dress and geta(shoe for kimono). I never saw people making color geta! how wonderful :D

Thank you for inveit me to Sue Ann's house!
By the way I saw Kirsten with her cat, they just
arrive little late at air port :P

That will be such wonderful if I can see all of you
in person.   
Till then I will try to correct Kimono kind fablic
for Jane and everyone.
By the way, I would love to dance with Shelli :cool:
I don't know any fun dance but I'm quick
learner so you will see... hee hee

Bear Hugs/Marie

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

Marie . . . you are tooo cute!!

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Kirsten,
I found you and we had a blast.... we hopped a plane to Sue Ann's but by the time we got there..... Jane had woken up!

Jane,
Can't wait to hear what you dream about tonight!!! :D

Hugs from New England!
Daphne

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

I wanna know what you and Kirsten did in New England, Daphne!!

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

I think I was in New England also LOL

Sounds like a fantastic dream, and get together.  I think a photo would be good of Shelli, but a video of her dance sounds even better! LOL

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Oh, even my dreams, vivid as they are, wouldn't compare to Jane's dream! Awake, I couldn't come up with anything nearly as entertaining either!

Kirsten So. Cal.
Website

Daphne, Danni and I (there may have been others) had a GREAT time in New England (man they really can party - karaoke is BIG!) but we arrived at Sue Anns just in time to catch a glimpe of Shelli's dance. Here's what we saw!

kabuki.jpg

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

Wow, Shelli . . . I didn't remember that you were dressed so authentically!!  Thanks for sharing with those that didn't get to see the dance, Kirsten!!  bear_grin bear_grin bear_grin bear_grin bear_grin

Laure Fool's Gold Bears
San Luis Obispo, CA

Too bad Penny couldn't have been in on the party and convention.  hope she is having a real "rip-snorter" herself. bear_happy

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Hi Jane,

I just want to say I love your Japanese Bears - such gorgeous coloured kimonos.
What a fabulous dream.

Bear hugs
Carolyn:)

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Oh Jane

such wonderful bear girls! Thank you for sharing them.....I think you have the most wonderful dreams......go back to sleep and lets have more fun!

Kirsten lost?  never happen....Honey there is one of us on just about every continent----we'll find you....:P

Well except the Anartic.....

We'll send a polar bear  Wooo Hoooo:lol:

dily

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

:lol::lol::D:D;):P:lol:

Kirsten... did you get lost at O'hare switching planes?

Kirsten So. Cal.
Website

oh! bear_shocked I had to switch planes??? bear_tongue

Marion Acid Attic Bears
Versailles

Wow... I wish I made such dreams !
Thanks a lot, Jane, sure I enjoyed cutting the kimono pieces (I love kimonos, and I love your bears and I love...you all bear_original... Mm... I've been away from this board sooooo long... bear_ermm Glad to be back ! bear_original ) !
Lots of hugs,
Marion

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

Hi Marion...we love you too!!!!!!!!! don't stay away toooooooo long we love to hear from you!

Jane.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

Hey, Marion, glad you're back.  I had been thinking it'd been awhile since I'd seen a post from you!  We missed you!!

Board footer