Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

AngelmomB Posts: 1

How can I add weight to a teddy bear I bought (what do I use, where do I put it, HOW do I place it, should I take it to someone who can sew good?)

I was going to order a weighted teddy online but there's a waiting list and I'd like it ASAP so decided so try and do it myself.

Thanks in advance!

(Also this teddy is for myself, I lost my daughter recently and looking to fill my empty arms)

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Angelmom, I'm so very sorry for your loss . . . such a tragedy to lose a child.  One way you can weight the bear yourself is open the seam in the back, take some of the stuffing out, then fill the cavity with BBs (steel shot).  Resew the seam.  You might want to put the BBs in a little bag/sack so they won't go everywhere.  Again - my deepest sympathy.

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

Oh dear ....that's very sad.
Yes do exactly what Sue Ann says....a bag of tiny ball bearing works extremely well. I use a pop sock ...or a pair of old tights ...cut the foot off and put the ball bearings in then tie a knot ...sometimes I double it over for added strength.
Pop it I the back and then sew it up Look up how to do a ladder stitch so you can't see the stitches.

Little Nan Posts: 233

Angelmom,
I have nothing to add to the great advice already given here. , but I just wanted to say how sorry I am to hear of the loss of your daughter. I too lost a child recently , a son , and really there aren't many words you can use to ease the pain , but I have to say that making my bears is a great comfort albeit very slowly at the moment . I do hope you also find some comfort when you make your bear and no doubt you'll sew lots of love into it too .
Little Nan   bear_wub

Board footer