Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Fairybear Wagga Wagga

I have recently seen various indications on the net of people stuffing bears with kitty litter, pudding rice, barley, lentils etc.  I am aware kitty litter would not be very sensible but wondered about any other things you could use safely that would be easily available.  Aquarium gravel was another thing suggested by someone on this forum but that may be a little too big.

Does anyone have any ideas of what you could use rather than the usual steel shot etc?

Sarah J Sara J No Kuma Sarah J Bear
Gold Coast, QLD
Website

Hi Leanne, You could try plastic pellets which are easily available at spotlight stores, you can also try bengal bay garnet (dust free) or glass beads which you can order online from Gerry's for example. Hope this helps! Plastic pellets are not heavy, garnet is heavy and glass is medium weight all depending on how much you use! happy bear making! bear_thumb

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

The food products are likely to get contaminated with bugs.

Fairybear Wagga Wagga

Thanks ladies.  That's what I thought about the food products.  Just wanted a quicker alternative than ordering online.

Elli Posts: 102

If aquarim gravel is too big, you could look for grit (little stones to feed birds). I have some for my budgies that is nearly as coarse as steel shot, but the stones are not round and have a rough surface.
Or you could buy these small glass beads (seed beads?), maybe you can find a cheap multicolored pack for children necklaces.

Board footer