Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

dodson_teddy Posts: 1

Hi my name is charles. Im 27. Im trying to find my mothers childhood teddy bear. Or at least identify the maker. She loved this bear to death. Kept it till about 8 yrs ago. She said she threw it away cus  it was falling apart. But i just found out she secretly buried it in the yard cus she couldnt bare throwing it away. She cries when she talks about it. She named it fred. I am SO heart broken over this. I will find that bear. I just really need some help. Any. I dont have any pics. All i know is she got it in the 60s. It had black eyes and black nose. A cone shaped nose that was rounded at the bottom. It didnt have jointed limbs. She described it as a burlap sack color with legs 4-5 inches. Not big ears. It was given to her new in the early 60s. If anyone could please help me at least find the maker i would be forever grateful. Or know someone that could help me. I would do or give anything to bring fred back for her.

Elli Posts: 102

Maybe you could try to draw a picture of Fred? It's hard to imagine a bear with such a short description, without knowing what materials he was made of, the size, the head shape, where the seams are,...
You could also commission an artist to make a bear that looks like Fred.

But even if you can find another one like him... since every teddy has it's own personality you can never bring the real Fred back to your mother, so I'm not sure if she would be happy to have a copy?  bear_ermm

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

You could try Google Images and ask your mom if any of the photos look like her old bear. (I entered "vintage unjointed teddy bear" and got an interesting bunch of photos.)

Becky

BooBoo Posts: 153

I can't offer any help, but I'm wondering why she felt the need to get rid of a bear that she'd had for so long bear_cry ? Even if the bear was in bad shape, I know that I'd put it in a safe place to protect it from the environment. I certainly wouldn't get rid of it... but that's just me.

Board footer