Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Pages:
Laure Fool's Gold Bears
San Luis Obispo, CA

Yeeks!!  Funky green sky...have to hide in the bathroom....sounds like a freight train...maybe earthquakes aren't so bad after all. bear_ermm  Werner and I were talking, and we both think another quake could happen here again soon.  We're hoping people will take the next tsunami warning seriously, in spite of the fact that last night's warning was cancelled.

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

There was a warning for Oregon coast last night ???? Winney

White City, Oregon

Whew ! I just read all the posts and found out that was on the 6th... Winney

Laure Fool's Gold Bears
San Luis Obispo, CA

Winney, there WAS a tsunami warninglast night, June 14, for all of the West Coast, clear up into Canada; the reason was that there was a 7.0 earthquake in the ocean near Crescent City, which town, if you didn't know, was inundated by a tsunami some years back.  It was cancelled a while later.

White City, Oregon

YIKES !!! That's very close to home ..how close is the ocean it to your house ?

You know...a few years ago we had a pretty long and strong  earthquake here in Oregon, we were living in Gold Hill. In all my years of living in Ore. I have NEVER felt an earthquake here til then. Times are a changing .....
I do believe the Cascade range of mountains can blow anywhere at any given time, we have heard it is over due...oh well.. nothing I can do about it.eh? Keep making them bears...

I have been in many earthquakes in California and was terrified, however living here is not as bad because we do not have so many people and cars, etc. We already stock up on food and have a network of friends.
If there were an emergency here we are better able and ready to depend on ourselves....that is unless a whole mountain near us blew up and spewed its leathal ash around...we just are not in control here at all, anywhere you go disaster can strike ...so just calm yourself Winney....OK.....Winney is OK now....

Kirsten So. Cal.
Website

My Mom and Dad were in San Luis Obispo last night and were driving down highway 1 to San Diego when they heard the warning. They called me to tell me about it, but I didn't answer.. (i was watching a movie) so she thought she'd let me sleep 'cuz if the tsunami  hit L.A., I'd die in my sleep! bear_tongue My Mom is too crazy.

Teribears Forever Classics / Teri bears
Brookings,Oregon

Hi All: My name is Teri and I felt the quake last night that was off the Northern California coast. I live in Southern Oregon and my chair started shaking and you should have seen my cat's eyes!! She felt it too!

Hugs, Teribears

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Welcome, Teri . . . glad the quake wasn't worse than it was.  I don't know - I think I can handle tornados better than an earthquake!! bear_shocked bear_shocked bear_shocked

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Welcome Teri :)

Oh sorry , I'm little late ...
Laure I'm glad you were ok. 

Jo-Ann, your son must be feared at the beach. I'm glad everyone was ok..

Marie

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Hi Teri!!

Dilu Posts: 8,574

We get to live a little North of Crescent City- And go there often because my hubbyhoney's favorite rice isn't available anywhere around here.  It is really eye opening to see the high water marks on the buildings, and realize the awesome destructive power that a tsunami can have.

In college in Hawaii, north shore, they had us leave quick clothing and shoes and socks at the foot of our bed, so that we could get dressed and go if anything ever happened....never did.....

welll except for the geckoes

and the cockroaches

hated those cockroaches

I thought they would carry away the building

until my uncle came family came to visit from Huston-we-have-a-problem-Texas.....

Sue Ann you folks in Texas need to stop feeding your cockroaches steroids!

They opened their suitcases and at least one would crawl out every time.!
:mad::mad:

Ugh

does everyone have the feeling like they are crawling somewhere too close?

Like the border is too close for me!:lol::lol::lol:

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

Double EEewww :P

I lived in Houston whilst doing grad studies at Rice. I used to find hugeous
roaches napping in my ammonia-soaked mop!!

What really got to me, though--one night I woke up to a buzzing sound, and realized that the beasts could FLY.  More than I ever wanted to know!!

Eileen

Johnna Johnna's Mohair Store
Costa Mesa, California
WebsiteShop

Boy, we just had another earthquake here in Southern California. I believe it was a 5.3 quake (Thursday about 2:00 PM). This is getting to be a little old! bear_tongue:P:P

Laure Fool's Gold Bears
San Luis Obispo, CA

Buckle up, honeys! bear_laugh

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

My goodness!  You people on the West Coast need to move inland!!

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

I don't know, Sue Ann :/

I just heard that 2 local towns reported hurricanes. I think they're from Houston, and looking for ME :(

Eileen

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

HEE HEE!! bear_grin bear_grin

White City, Oregon

Hi Terri.. Sound like there was 2 diffrent earthquakes...from the above posts... This whole west coast line from Mexico to Alaska  presents a problem..I don't love earthquakes !

Hey Teri you live in Brookings, is there any chance of you coming to the meeting we are having ?...it's only for about 2 hours but I would love for you to come if you can....Winney

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

Yep, Eileen, the roaches in Texas are big dudes!!  Unfortunately, my cats like to bring them in from outside to play with . . . the roach ALWAYS loses the game! bear_grin bear_grin

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

Bravo cats! who gets to remove the corpses?

Eileen

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

hi Teri!  Welcome to the board, I'm sure you'll love it here!!

Danni

Pages:

Board footer