Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Jamir mcfaeragons
Bulgaria
Website

Well ordered a book on how it is all done after seeing all the wonderful creations on here and getting green with envy, but couldn't wait for the book to arrive ( still waiting with itchy fingers )

so this is my first trial, lets see what happens bear when we play with felting .... i had a few blood spurts !!!!! wow those things are sharp and my teddy gets sick at the sight of blood, as you can see he does not look very well ..

But now we are sitting giggling about it all , and i decided even for a 1st attempt he is super cute enough to leave him the way he is .

Battling to get that lovely finish  that i see on all of yours but i suppose i must crawl with bandaged fingers before i can run the gauntlet of needles

Ja'mir

1417209519_sculpt_bear_1.jpg

rikkisbears NSW Australia

Hi Jamir,
You did well for your first attempt.
I only do a tiny bit of felting on my bunny noses and sometimes a bit around the eyes, mainly because I keep stabbing myself. I'm hopeless, my fingers just keep getting in the way. Blood stains on a white bunny, not attractive. Haha.
Keep up the good work.

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Well-done, Ja'mir! I like your fearless first attempt.  bear_flower

Becky

edmondnutmeg Padfield bears
Derbyshire
Website

Hi Ja'mir I found youtube a great resource to help with my felting in particular
http://www.sarafinafiberart.com/youtube-links.html
these tutorials although to make all felted creatures show the principles very well.
michelle

rikkisbears NSW Australia

Hi Michelle
Thank you for that link. Great to be able to watch how it's done.  Pictures and instructions aren't necessarily enough.

JulieK Suffolk

He looks lovely!

My fingers felt the same after my first proper attempt (my first attempt was a nose for a bear). I have decided to invest in a set of needle felting finger protectors before I do anymore!

Julie

Board footer