Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

After the Titanic tragedy of 1912, Steiff released their black "mourning bear," with eyes backed in red felt to symbolize the world's sadness at the awful loss of life. This commissioned bear is the result of discussions between a citizen of the U.K. and a citizen of the U.S. (yours truly), and something felt right about that since the Titanic was sailing between our two countries. My goal was to capture a sense of sadness, but also of comfort in the face of it.

Becky

1422934382_p1040893tt.jpg

ThomasAdam Thomas Adam
Southampton
Website

Becky,

You've done a magnificent job with him; I'm so proud!  You've done more to capture the sadness than I thought possible---the look in his eyes says that, it's really rather wonderful.  I like the way he sits, and his little bow, it's just right.  I'm really impressed with his nose of all things, I love the colour of it.  His paw pads are brilliant, and are just like the original mourning bear.

I'm so very very impressed with him, and cannot wait to adopt him!  Thank you, Becky, for producing yet another wonderful teddy bear for me.  I hope you're as pleased with him as I am.  :)

One very happy collector indeed,
Thomas Adam

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

bear_wub He is absolutely wonderful, Becky: you really captured his sadness, but, being a teddy bear, he can't help but being comforting at the same time.   bear_wub

Thomas, you are a lucky man indeed to have him in your hug.   bear_smile

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Thank you so much Thomas, Pink, and Peter! bear_original He was a long time being completed, and it means much to me that you like him. bear_wub

Becky

Crown Critters Crown Critters
Dallas, Texas
Website

You captured so much emotion in this bear! Amazing!  bear_wub

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Thanks very much, Anthony! bear_flower

Becky

edmondnutmeg Padfield bears
Derbyshire
Website

bear_wub Oh lucky Thomas! You know I have a soft spot for a black bear and yours is a really beautiful bear. Just gorgeous!

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Thank for your kind words, Michelle, and welcome back! bear_flower

Becky

tcfolk TC Folk Originals
Tempe, AZ

Great job, Becky.  I would say you achieved all of your goals!  He is wonderful!

Board footer