Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

:hug: Thank you Judi, that really means a LOT to me!!!  :hug:

K P Bear K P Bear
Lewiston

This is very interesting as I have been thinking now that I like to do airbrushing on my bears. But I am as a lot of folk short on dollars. So will have to wait and just try to learn some in the meantime. Have a show at the end of Jan so hope fully will get some dollars there and can get the aribrush if nothing else crops up as it usually does!?41.gif
Lena

Gijzette Elfin Bears
Mount Dora FL
Website

I'm so glad this topic was started on again. My hubby gave me an airbrush for Christmas and he said it will work with the air compressor he already has. I just need to go buy some paint and something to practice on.

Judi, I definitely plan on taking your class but it probably won't be until the next semester is over in May. Unfortunately, with school and work there is very little time for bears, but luckily this is my last semester.

susiray Bear-Hands
Algarve, Portugal

Hi guys

what an excellent post i have been reading all the different posts on airbrushing and feel now that i am rady to purchase an inexpensive kit and compressor which i have found on ebay which is a spraymaster with baby compressor for only £55 and will deliver to portugal horay!! my husband used to airbrush bikes and is going to give me some lessons.

i am hoping to find quality paints here as you have suggested judi,  if not once again the internet comes to the rescue. (cant get anything here, i really rely on your generous information on this  site BIG THANKYOU) is there any colours you can suggest that i will use alot more than other colours asking so i dont have to keep ordering and paying delivery to here.

be thankyou once again for starting me on another exciting task in bear making.

bigbearhugs
susan x bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower

Jare Hares & Bears Jare Hares & Bears
Polo, IL

Susan -
The colours that you will use the most will depend on the colours of your bears. We mainly use browns and blacks. We also have a selection of other colours, blue, greens, pinks, reds, golds, yellows, and the list goes on. But we also use these same paints to colour our bear eyes.

bluejasminestudios Blue Jasmine Studios
Denver, CO
Website

Hello! Judi, do you still teach your class? I am so inspired by your airbrushed animals. I recently bought a Paasche airbrush and compressor and have the DyeNaFlo "paints." Should I use AirFix with them?
Does anyone have any books, videos, tutorials, resources you can recommend for starting out airbrushing animals? I have painted animals with the DyeNaFlo and AirFix (see photo of Flame) but it came out too stiff.
Help a newbie, please! Thanks so much!
Brenna

Painted Cat - Flame

Board footer