Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

OK, I am thinking New England in the Autumn, a quaint inn (Like the Hugging Bear Inn in Vermont perhaps) with a trip to the Vermont Teddy Bear factory (so we can show them how it's really done!!) and of course right down the street from there is THEEE Ben & Jerry Ice Cream Factory bear_tongue And what's autumn in New England without a trip to the apple orchard to pick apples, drink cider (unless you have that sugar thang like so many of us do) and sample apple cider donuts (OK, diabetes, hyperglycemia (?) or not you've GOT to have one of those!!!) There's always a craft show or two or twenty and some smaller bear or bear and doll shows we could bombard!! And the mountains with their pallet of warm fall colors are just amazing!

That's just coming from little ol' me who happens to live here in New England. :lol::lol:

Hugs,
Daphne

PS. Hey you Aussies - Autumn is September/October here in the states!! bear_happy

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Ooooooh, Daphne . . . I like that idea a LOT!!

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Me too.  I've always wanted to travel to New England... <sigh>

huggleybear C.W. Huggley Bears
Statham, GA

I could probably make it to Texas but I would sure love to visit New England!  But I am thinking I better start mass producing my bears or charging a lot more for each one to be able to afford it. It would be fantastic if we could all get together..what a wonderful idea.

Thanks for all the great packaging ideas.  I didn't  realize that so many collectors hate the shipping costs. If that is true wouldn't it be to our advantage to include shipping as a benefit?  Although shipping outside of our respective countries would be quite prohibitive.  HHmmm.....any ideas on the international traveling bears?

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

Could the shipping cost be included in the reserve? Or do higher reserves kill auctions?

Eileen

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

The Australian eBay doesn't even allow people to put a reserve on auctions anymore!! bear_sad

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Daphne wrote:

.... and sample apple cider donuts (OK, diabetes, hyperglycemia (?) or not you've GOT to have one of those!!!) That's just coming from little ol' me who happens to live here in New England. bear_grin:lol:

Hugs,
Daphne

PS. Hey you Aussies - Autumn is September/October here in the states!! ;)

bear_grin:lol::lol::lol:  Oh Daphne!  You are so funny!  Wish I could have one of them... heard they are just awesome!  Oh you are so lucky to live in such a pretty part of the country... but ummm... you can keep all that snow ya'll get!  (yes, we in Chicago are also known for some pretty bad snowstorms... but not as consistently as you guys!)

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA
Laura Lynn wrote:

bear_grin:lol::lol::lol:  Oh Daphne!  You are so funny!  Wish I could have one of them... heard they are just awesome!  Oh you are so lucky to live in such a pretty part of the country... but ummm... you can keep all that snow ya'll get!  (yes, we in Chicago are also known for some pretty bad snowstorms... but not as consistently as you guys!)

Oh, I was just wishing for snow yesterday... it's been so disgustingly hot and humid here... the air is like soup and it's hard to breathe! Just one day of snow, that's all I ask! I won't tell you how long our winter was here this past winter and how much snow we had... almost daily it snowed!!! I've got some in the freezer.... Sugar on Snow is a tradition here in New England... boiling maple syrup poured over snow... it hardens to candy... with my grandmother's raised donuts and a pickle... on a hot summer day....mmmmmmmm......

Laura Lynn, I guess the benefit to being diabetic is that I can take a shot to counteract the sugar I ingest. So I can have the bad stuff, in small doses!! But that makes it all the easier to gain weight. I'll have to try drinking tea like Judi does. Very good idea.... if it keeps me from nibbling all day I'll try anything!!!

Anyway, there are HEALTHY things about New England.... bear_grin:lol::lol::lol:

Sweet Hugs,
Daphne

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

Daphne

Sugar-Snow! We used to put vanilla into it too!:D

I grew up in Williamstown Mass. It's still my spiritual home.

Being in a little valley, we were a snow-bowl in the winter and a steam-bowl in the summer!

Eileen

clare14 Country Bears
England

Hi Winney!

I've got my first fair in October and I'm going to try that idea!!   I love the idea of the raffia!!

So many thanks!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

My goodness - we surely can get off topic, but it surely is fun!! bear_grin  I had to go back to the first page to see what it was that Winney suggested about raffia!! bear_grin

Kirsten So. Cal.
Website
Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

So did I.... how did we end up on sugar & snow????? LOL!!!

Artists are creative, to be creative you have to think outside the box, to think outside the box you have to be open to LOTS of unique ideas, and try lots of different things. SO... most of us have more than one thing 'in progress' at a time or are already thinking about the next thing at least. Our conversations go the same way!!!

Now, if we were engineers.... we'd beat the topic to death and never dream of moving on to the next thing! (Hope I didn't offend anyone.... I'm married to an engineer!!!)

To get back on topic - I don't have anything original. But I'm always sure to put a tissue wrapped bear in a big plastic bag tied with fun ribbon or rafia at the top (so it's not totally air tight and the little guy can breathe!) then it goes in the box with packing material. This way should the bear end up in a puddle he won't get wet! Make sure your tissue is natural/white - NOT COLORED as it'll turn the bear color with the least amount of moisture!

So, about those engineers!!!  :lol::lol::lol:

Hugs, Daphne

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

Oh yes...no colored tissue ! I make a lot of white and off white bears...can you imagine if that when the customer gets her bear it is pink and blue polka dots??? I can hear it now....LOL.

I know I get off topic all the time..jump from here to there in nothing flat, add a few more friends like that and you are in real trouble ...LOL, I love it...Winney

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

I'm telling you Girls....wine and chocolate is a wonderful thing!!!:cool:

Hugs Louise

Kirsten So. Cal.
Website

I bought a doll once, and when it arrived, it was packed with purple tissue around her head! :o
Now she has a port-wine stain on her cheek.:/

Laure Fool's Gold Bears
San Luis Obispo, CA

Absolutely, Louise!  The very finest.....uh, what were we talking about, now?? bear_grin

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

You girls are a riot!!!  bear_grin bear_grin bear_grin

Board footer