Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

mj Pinney Bears
North Carolina
Website

mj Banner Sponsor

Hi Everyone!

Just wanted to say that I enjoy reading all the posts - I find that I am becoming addicted to reading them.

Does anyone know of any Teddy bear clubs in the North Carolina area? If not,  has anyone had experience in starting one that they would like to share?

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Welcome MJ!!!

Welcome and it is about time you came out to play!
Keep posting and get to know everyone and before you know it others from your area will start too....

This Friday we are having an impromptu Northern California/Southern Oregon meeting......and it would never have happened if we hadn't started sharing here...

It is a lot of fun and everyone here is very supportive and helpful....

So come on all you North Carolina belles and beaus.....we got some one here who wants to really play....come out and keep this person company!

Oh dear, mj, I am hampered by not knowing.....are you a he or a she? 

I don't want to say he if you're a she

or she if you're a he

but I am hoping that you will like playing with all of us and come back often and share-

So00000  what kind of bears do you do?  What kind of gollies do you do?
do you do minis. hugies, do you dress or not dress....(the bears and gollies silly)
Do you collect, do you have a favorite bear?  lets see the bear and you tell us about it...

There is so much to learn here!

I do tend to run on.....

Ask anyone

Glad you are here!

Dilu:P

mj Pinney Bears
North Carolina
Website

mj Banner Sponsor

Hi Again!

Sorry - I am a she. My name is Meg and I have been making bears for about 3 years. I've done a few teddy shows both here in North Carolina and in Maryland. I also have a website which is www.pinneybears.com.  I also collect bears.

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Welcome Meg!
I've visited your website. Your bear is lovely. :)
sorry, I don't know anything about teddy bear clubs in North Carolina....I hope someone knows.

Hugs/Marie

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Hi Meg, welcome!
You will love it hear. sorry I can't help with the question of Teddy bear clubs in the North Carolina area as I am the UK and boy is it hot here today I keep getting covered in mohair fluff that won't brush off!

BIG BEAR HUGS
From a very hot Jane.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Welcome to the board, Meg . . . love the bear climbing the tree on your website!  Hope you have fun here and I don't know of any teddy clubs in N. Carolina.  My younger daughter, however, did graduate from Univ. of N. C. and then got 2 master's degrees from Duke.  Not that that has anything to do with your question!!  bear_grin bear_grin

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Meg,
I have a wonderful friend who lives in Salisbury, NC and is an incredible mini bear artist. You might contact her re. a bear club. Her name is Andrea Brewer and her website is www.brewersbruins.com Perhaps she'll know of one!?

And welcome!!! :)

Hugs, Daphne

Sue Ann:

you certainly have bragging rights about that daughter of yours!

Jane:

hot?!?!?!?  Boy does this seem backward.  We are freezing here, and it is dismal...were supposedto get 65 inches of rain but this year feels like 100.

Meg:

We really are glad you came....thank you for posting your website-  what fun..

Dilu

clare14 Country Bears
England

Oh Jane I'm boiling too..........we're not used to it here in the UK, it's a bit of a shock to our systems!!

I hope you got all that fluff off, I got so fed up with that one day I bought myself a plastic apron - Fab!!

Welcome Meg, you'll have lots of fun here!!

Take care

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Welcome Meg. Always nice to see new people to the board. It is a great place to share ideas, get tips and make friends!

Hugs Louise

Laure Fool's Gold Bears
San Luis Obispo, CA

Meg, Welcome to the board.  Hope you find somebody to "play" teddies with in SC.  Meantime, we like to play here, too. bear_laugh

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

Welcome, Meg! I love your bears, but Pierre is my favorite :D

Eileen

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Hi Meg! Welcome to the board!  It's fantastic here, I'm sure you'll agre!

I can't help you with your question, I just wanted to jump in and say welcome.

Danni

Yeah Daphne! 

coming up with a name for Meg to contact!  This is real networking!

Dilu

mj Pinney Bears
North Carolina
Website

mj Banner Sponsor

Thanks for the Welcome!!!!:D:D:D

Daphne - thanks for letting me know about your friend - I sent her a note this morning

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

MEG!  Welcome from Wisconsin!  There are some really great ladies in here.  Glad you came in .:)

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

Hi Meg...welcome to the group, this is a bunch of very friendly people, we have alot of fun besides sharing bear making tips...Sometimes we get chatty and even weird but in a good weird way, LOl.  Hey..I went to your web site, very neat, love your cubbies , they all loook so happy.
Your business name is about as close to mine as it can get... Pinney Bears and mine is Winney Bears and Friends. May last name was Winney which is the name I have had for my business since 1979...only then the name was
Little Friends by Winney ...it was hard to make that change. Happy to have  you here....Winney

Board footer