Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Oh Kirsten, you don't want to switch planes at O'Hare...unless you get to go through the mood tunnel... it's an underground termial connecting tunnel with long conveyor belts to ride on while watching neon lights changing colors and listening to space age music...neat.  I think it is supossed to be a stress reducer.

Jane, your bears are beautiful and what glorious costumes!  Your dream sounds likeit was great fun...glad I was there:D:D:D

Hi Marion!!!!

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

Can I come too if I bring chocolate? Pleeeeezzze? :(

Re: Shelli's fan dance, I don't think she gets to wear so much costume!! bear_grin Ostrich plume fans anybody?? Gypsy Rose Lee?

Eileen

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Oh please come, Eileen . . . everybody is welcome!  Right, Jane??  You just didn't have room in your dreamy head to think of everyone.

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

LOL Eileen.. Can't you just imagine her singing "Let me entertain you..."

bear_grin bear_tongue bear_grin

Danni

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

I didn't like to say Shelli but Eileens quite right when she said about the fan dance.

Re: Shelli's fan dance, I don't think she gets to wear so much costume!!  Ostrich plume fans anybody?? Gypsy Rose Lee?

Heavens above, I don't know what made me dream that part but hey we all seemed to enjoy it.
Yes I'm sure there must have been loads more of us there at Sue Ann's house only they got a little lost in my dreamland. Glad you all enjoyed the fantasy.
Thanks so much for the lovely comments on my Mikado bears. I really enjoyed making them and their costumes. The wooden shoes took ages to make as I sanded pieces of wood into shape before I could paint them. The costumes were a challenge as I had only ever seen pictures of Kimonos and I had no idea about the obi (belts) or how to tie them and form the bow at the back of the costume. I really enjoyed making the costumes but I didn't enjoy using invisible thread which I found the best as matching threads to the materials didn't look so good as the stitches spoiled the look. I love making the decorations for the head. I spent ages threading tiny glass beads and flowers and forming the headdresses but I was pleased with the end result. The fans are made from folded paper on which I printed Japanese patterns. All three bears took me around six weeks to complete as I made everything by hand. 

Jane

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

They are absolutely scrumptious, Jane. All that detail really makes the difference!

Eileen

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

I simply love them Jane.. they are really lovely....what beautiful bunch and  a lot of work .
I make 20 fashion bears, for a long time now I have wanted to make some japanese dressed bears!
I was just looking at some Japanese satin print at JoAnn's a few weeks ago, if I don't buy some soon it will all be gone.
My oldest son is a musician and in 1981 he had a band called "Bamboo " . they all dressed in Karate / kimono style tops. They played the circuit in Florida for a year. He bought some authentic  ( expensive) japanese satin silk fabric that had  pale aqua background and peach and yellow crysanthemums ..georgous fabric....I made him a lined kimono top.
He went back to Florida..the kimono did not last long as someone stole it.... boo hoo...Winney

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Oh Winney, some people are so horrible...still they must have thought your work was worth stealing so in a kiss butt way I suppose it was a compliment. Please post some pictures of the costumed bears which you've made I'm sure we would all love to see them.
Have a great day.

Jane.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Ditto, Winney . . . we want to see fahion bears!!

Board footer