Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Dilu Posts: 8,574

I don't know this person, is she a BIG artist?v  I ask because a cairn Terrier of her's went for $1725.00. US.  It truly was a beautiful little dog, and it looked real, and I was  very I mpressed with her work.  But I didn't know her name or her work prior to this..... 

Also I don't think I have ever seen her stuff before, but I am new to this e-bay stuff so

what can you guys tell me?

I doubt the dog is still available to look at, which is really too bad because he was truly magnifiscent.

dilu

Hmmmm seems to have posted twice......check the other post I got the link to work and you can go see her puppy

Celena Oxford

Hi Dilu

I've been admiring Mary Holstad's works for quite sometime now.  She is really good in making dogs, very life like.  If i do remember correctly, one of her Yorkshire Terrier was sold for more than USD3K, she do occassionally makes cats, once she made a very nice Persian.  Her bears are awesome too, especially Lori.

Her auctions are quite on the high side though, always above hundreds and hundreds of dollars, or thousands.  But truly, her works is very good.

Here's her official website for you to know more about her  bear_original

http://www.maryholstad.com/

Warm hugs
Celena

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Yes, Mary Holstad has been around for years.  She used to enter the TOBY and Golden Teddy competitions and won NUMEROUS awards.  Her cute little dressed bears holding a dog or kitty friend were super popular.

Gail Bear With Me Enterprises
Website

Hi Dilu
This dog is one that went for a small amount of money considering one of her Yorkies went for over $5000.00 and nearly all of the rest of her Yorkies go for the same amount  I believe she actually supports her family with her bear business. Her husband many years ago quit his job to manage her business. I too would like one of her dogs as they almost jump into your lap from the screen they are so totally realistic!!!
SIGH!!!!
Hugs
Gail

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Dilly, you are doubling your posts again! I just responded to the other one LMAO  gollys are acting up again, huh?

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Di, too much Christmas chocies etc gone to your head ...or am I seeing double again.
luv yer Di, you funny lady!

Jane  bear_flower

Acipenser Bine-Teddies
Stockholm

I think the highest price for one of Mary's yorkies which I saw was over 10,000 USD. It was a gorgeous dog, but who can pay such amounts?
Her bears are great too, but they sell for a lot less than her dogs.

Estelle Estelles canal bears and Tod Teddies
Todmorden West Yorkshire

I had never heard of her so I had to find out more, I searched for her site and now I can see why her bears and dogs fetch such high prices they are truly amazing, take a look
http://www.maryholstad.com/index.asp

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania
Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

I have admired Mary's work for as long as I've been collecting teddy bears... course it helps that I knew about the teddy bear magazines way back then bear_original

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

I love her stuff  bear_wub and not too long ago I found a picture of a bunny she did when started way back when and I was relieved to see that even she had to start somewhere and yes I do have hope that i may be as good as she one day. bear_thumb

Board footer