Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Acipenser Bine-Teddies
Stockholm

Hi Dilu,

after that exciting story with your hubby and ebay I am really curious about what bear he got you. Or did I miss the solution to the story? Any pics?

Hugs

kathytaylor Ruby Mountain Bears
Northern Nevada, USA

Hello,

Me too! did I miss it. wheres the picture???
Hugs,
Kathy

Dilu Posts: 8,574

DSC01360-2.JPGDSC01363-2.JPGDSC01352-2.JPGDSC01354-2.JPGOH?

I got 2 wonderful bears.  One is ,uh, was Terri's little guy Jeremy, so cute and so fun and already up to mischief !!  He and some of my other minis are just up to all sorts of fun and I am having fun with him.  He is beautifully made and we are all enjoying him very much here in the forest.

Terri uses steel shot in her little ones which is such a good idea that I am going to copy it.  It gives them plenty of heft but takes up little space.   And it enables him to be in unusual places.

Also Terri packages her mini bears in such a neat way.  She uses little Plastic boxes, with snap on lids.  I loved this idea so much when I found some here I bought as many as I could.  30 for $10.00--Albertson's  sale.....

My  other newcomer here, is a rather elegant bear who I think is becomig the bear mommy to all the little ones.  She is Kathleen by Nancy Tillberg.  And she is incredable.  She too is beautifully made and very elegant.  And Judi's little Cozy simply adores Kathleen.

I sort of knew about Jeremy, but I wasn't for sure.....and Kathleen totally blew me away.  I had no idea!

Here's some pics......Kathleen came with a wee little bear but he doesn't show up very well in my pics.  which is unfortunet.....

I was and am thrilled with both bears and feel very very lucky that my hubs was willing to go through everything he did to get them for me...

We lock up the cats when ever we leave the house because I can almost feel Kwatzu, the boy cat, going after Kathleen's dress, it is lace and he loves to chew on lace and tulle.  Yikes.  We are looking for an afordable glass case to keep her in, but Cozy is so in love with her that it has to be a bigger case now!  bear_grin

The second picture is Jeremy with one of my little ones. He is a boy genius, he hasn't even gone to school yet but can already spell "BEAR"

The first picture is Kathleen and Cozy and Katheen's little baby.  No we aren't asking any questions.....
her baby is as welcome as she and I love alll.

dilu

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

OOOOH! They are darling! :hug:

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Yes they are, and the fact that Judi's work and Nancy's pose side by side is too perfect, since they're great friends in real life as well.  bear_original

Yep, I have to agree....and when I try to separate them poor little Cozy just up and  cries.  He's such a sensitive little guy, I think he is going to grow up and be a Bear Artist!  bear_grin  bear_grin

dilu

Acipenser Bine-Teddies
Stockholm

Awww, Dilu you are so lucky! Thank you for sharing. I am so envious. If you need a safe place for the bears to protect them from the cats just send them to me.  bear_whistle bear_tongue  bear_grin
Way to go Dilu's hubby!  :dance:  :dance:

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Beautiful works of art!!  bear_wub   bear_wub   bear_wub

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

Lovely, they are just so full of personality. YEY that you got them.

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Gee Dilu, who's a lucky girl then???  I am very jealous, but happy for you!

Danni

Thanks guys.

I have to tell you that health wise this has been a very bad year.  And whenever I would start thinking I should get my affairs in order either someone bought a golly or a bear showed up for me.

Now that my docs have figured out what's going on I feel, for the first time in a year, that maybe there's hope.  And I think Kjeld asking me to be a help advisor helped me too, it kind of made me focus and read and think....

And I really believe once you have a diagnosis you can hit the floor running, do your homework ( God bless the internet) and begin to get things back in order. 

So yes, I am very lucky- and I don't expect such wonderful surprises from Santa every year, but on the other hand I surely wont complain  bear_grin

And I love dearly all the wonderful bears I have gotten from the artist bears here, and look forward to collecting more.  Its more fun when you "know" the artist.

dilu

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Dilu I am sorry to hear that you have had a bad year with your health .. but glad to hear that it is getting sorted out ..... Your bears are just wonderful, and they do make you feel good don't they ?? I know if I am feeling a bit down I pick up one of my bears and give them a hug and in no time I start to feel better .... I think TT helps alot as well the people on here are amazing and I thank you all for your kindness and willingness to share ...... :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

kathytaylor Ruby Mountain Bears
Northern Nevada, USA

What totally adorable bears. I am so envious, what a suprise getting two bears!
Kathy

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Way to go our Dear Dilu! You go girl and keep healthy! We love you!

Many Hugs Louise

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Tell your hubs he is wonderful! so wonderful bears for your Christmas!

bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

:hug: Dilu you're not going anywhere!!!  :hug:   You make my day, and I would sorely miss your lovely comments, and helpful advice  :hug:

As for your bears...you lucky, lucky girl!!!  I recognized Nancy's work straight off the bat.  I can only hope that someday my own work might have such a strong 'stamp' to it.  Awwwhhh, and Judi's cute diddy bear, and Terri's adorable Jeremy  bear_wub   What a lovely Christmas you've had!  Way to go hubby  bear_thumb

Do you guys have bears scattered all through the house?  I find that I can go frm point a to point z and get hugs all along the way....its pretty funny from an non teddy collector's point of view.

Thank godness the hubs doesn't want to keep his passions in the house.  I just saw the old greasy yucky Suzuki transmission that I "gave" him for Christmas..........yikes!  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

hugs to all

dilu

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

Dilu, I used to have the bears all around, then I turned the entrance hall into my collection point.  Depending on my mood, I will take time, dust and brush them and re-arrange them. 
My family were over the moon when I got involved with bears as they never knew what to get me, now they know anything connected to bears are always welcome !!!!! bear_thumb
Your bears look lovely.
Lynette

Bonnie Mountain Dreamer Bears
wooly woods of Missouri, USA

Ahhh, Dilu! Lucky girl to get such a nice Christmas surpise. You have a beautiful bear family. bear_wub  Kathleen is so lovely, no wonder Cozy is in love with her! and Jeremy is so adorable.  Yay for you! :dance:

I'm sorry to hear it was a bad year for you healthwise, though. I'm so glad to hear your doctors have discovered the problem, so now you can focus on solutions and recover.  I wish you all the best and a speedy return to full health.  :hug:
Sending warm and healing thoughts your way,

Aww thanks guys.....but heres the secret.....I am happy, don't feel sorry for me cuz thats all past.....it doesn't exist anymore....we have now and I love now.

I am so lucky and blessed and happy with life.  I know this year I will get a handle on things and be able to do more and feel better.

So here's to all of us and God bless us every one and our teddies too!

hugs to all

dilu

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

aidan2.JPGaidan1.JPGI forgot to tell you gals... Lookie what I got for Christmas!!! It is Marie's T4C bear, Aidan!!!  bear_wub

Marie, you are so very very talented! I am in love with this bear  bear_wub

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

Dilu, you must have been very good this year to get  two new bears! bear_grin  bear_grin You have a great bear collection and Kathleen & Cozy do look so good together. Jeremy looks very happy with his new friends, I am so glad that he found such a good home. I am also glad  that that he was able to give you a couple of new ideas for your own bears! bear_original  bear_original
Kim, you must have been extra special good also!!  Aiden is adorable!!!!!

Kimmy 

Congratulations......this is wonderful!!

hugs
dilu

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

Kim,

Glad Aidan went to a good home and that you love him!  I think he's cute and sweet.  I got Marie's avatar bear, Qurio, and I love him.   bear_original

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

What lucky little vegemites you are

Board footer