Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Hi guys.

I just have to say that I take back every bad word I ever said about ebay!

I posted Pandora on ebay for a 3 day auction. I had a lady e-mail me and tell me that she would purchase her if she did not sell as she thought I only accepted payment through paypal. I told her a money order or bank draft would be fine and to go ahead and bid on her as she might save $30.00.

She did and won. I told her as soon as I received the money order I would send Pandora off to her new home. Much to my surprise, she just e-mailed me and order 3 more of my bears off of our site. Baby Brie, Sweet-Pea, , and Ginger-Snap. I had just sold Carleen to a lady in Flower Mound Texas.

I swear, I will never say another bad thing about ebay. This Lady has been in contact with me 5 times since and has been a dream. Of course I still have to receive that money order but, she has 299 positive feed back so here is hoping all is OK. I just thought I would share. (Garnet is working up North and I just had to tell someone!)

Hugs Louise

Just Us Bears Just Us Bears
Australia

That's just great Louise! Well done! I'm sure you'll be singing for days! I had a similar experience with a Taiwanese fella, who bought one of my bears at a stall, and went on to buy two more off my site within two weeks. Sure bumped my ego up a notch or two!
Very happy for you!:lol::lol::lol:

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

wow Louise, that is FANTASTIC! Great news!!!!!!  Now hopefully you'll be a little more confident?

I love the fact that even though I'm so new to selling, I have already had a couple of people come back for more. Now, that has to be the biggest compliment!!!

You GO GIRL!  (gee, now I'm sounding like a yank!)
Danni

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Well done Louise. I love it when a customer returns it's a real compliment to you and your work.
After arriving home from selling at a fair at Alexandra Palace in London last year I checked my email to find an email from one of the bears I had sold at the bear fair. No I'm not crazy it was definitely signed by my bear, he told me how happy he was at the hotel where he was staying and that his new daddy loved him very much and would be flying off to the States with him the following day. Three days later I had another email from the bear showing  photographs of him at his new home in New York. He was sitting with his new bear family, which was huge. I received an email Christmas card and a Mother's day card from the bear. I don't know if I will hear from him again but his new daddy said he hopes to be able to fly over to London again in October to this year's show so who knows he may have a new brother or sister before long.

Reading this through I'm not quite sure who's the dafter...me or the daddy!

Jane.

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

That's fantastic Louise!!! :lol::lol::lol:
I had my Wheaten Terrier auction end yesterday (which finally made it above my reserve and then some in the last 5 minutes... it was nerve racking there at the end!) and have had 6 requests for special orders of them in less than 24 hours. WHEW! I might have to stop making bears! Yea, right, like that'll happen. It's definitely a good ego booster though! eBay is certainly a great way to get noticed!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

That is fantastic news about the ebay sales, ladies!!!  Louise - I'm so excited - Flower Mound, TX is a next door neighbor to Double Oak!!!!  I might even know the lady (but probably not)!!  Way to go!! bear_laugh bear_laugh bear_laugh

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Way to go Louise!!!!!   and Daphne too!!

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Thank you so much guys! I love your stories too. It does make the heart warm. Especially after a slump. Thank you again!

Hugs Louise

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

OH, yay, yay, YAY on you all!  I'm so glad things go well.  And also, that we're getting some positive spin for eBay on the board here, based on real (and current) experience.  I have an admitted pro-eBay bias and was getting concerned that folk were gonna skitter away; it's a great sales venue.

On other notes... I also once received a note from one of my bears, ERNIE.  He lives in France and his owner emailed me a picture and some greetings from him last Christmas season!  It was wonderful to receive.  I love collectors that do that!

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

Wow ! and Yeahhhhh !!! So glad to hear about all of you having some happy positive happenings..it is very encouraging to us new comers too. It sounds like those collectors are about as wackey loving  about their bears as we are. Congradulations to all of you !....Winney

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Hip Hip Hoooooraayyy for our Louise!

I just couldn't be happier for you!  Great!

Now....enough celebrating, put down the champagne and get to work-with 4 of your babes sold you have to get that inventory back up!

Tha't's and e-mail I would frame!

Hugs

Dilu

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Congratulations Louise!  You are on your way with ebay!!! YAY!

Mountains are moved one stone at a time.

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

wao!!!   congratulations Louise! bear_laugh

Board footer