Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Hey ladies, just reading the last post where Dilu is asking Daphine about missing chocolate and it occured to me that we can make some guilt free chocolate treats. WHY NOT??

Fat-Free Chocolate Cake
8 servings

Cake:
1 1/4 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
1/4 cup cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 egg whites
1 cup water
1/2 cup light corn syrup, (or dark)
Glaze:
1/3 cup cocoa
2/3 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 egg white
1 tablespoon water, or as needed
Cake: preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 9 inch square baking pan with cooking spray. In large bowl, combine flour, sugar, cocoa, cornstarch, soda and salt. In medium bowl, whisk together egg whites, water and corn syrup. Stir egg mixture into flour mixture until smooth. Pour into baking pan. Bake 1/2 hour or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Cool on wire rack 10 minutes. Glaze: beat together cocoa, powdered sugar, vanilla, egg white and water by droplets. Drizzle glaze over warm cake. To serve, cut into squares.

Nutrition Facts
Amount Per Serving: Calories 330 - Calories from Fat 12
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 4%, Protein 7%, Carbohydrate 89%
Totals and Percent Daily Values (2000 calories): Fat 1g, Saturated Fat 1g, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 310mg, Total Carbohydrate 74g, Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 0g, Protein 6g, Vitamin A 2 units, Vitamin C 0 units, Calcium 0 units, Iron 2 units

I got this recipe from here, looks like a good site. I'm drooling now!!

http://mardiweb.com/lowfat/choc.htm#Recipe000849

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

I notice a chocolate trend on that website LMAO...

Calgary, Alberta, Canada

yeah, and I'm seriously DROOLING............

Been too long without.

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

I can stay away from chocolate except for that "time of the month".... I cant stay away from DAIRY!!

Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Thats's funny. Me neither. Well right before 'that time of the month' I crave dairy and chocolate.
Other than that, I don't have too much of a sweet tooth. Just don't give me a bag of chips. bear_wacko

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

LOL... I have two other weaknesses..... peanut butter cups and dill pickles... no, not together bear_original

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

74g Carbohydrates in a piece of that cake!?!?!?!?! Jiminey Cricket!!! The recommended number of carbs per meal for weight loss (and for diabetics) is 45g. So that's almost 2 meals in the piece of cake!!! I LOVE chocolate but I'm not so sure I'm ready to give up two meals just for one slice!  bear_cry

It sounds really yummy though!!!!  bear_tongue

Board footer