Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Dilu Posts: 8,574

I know we are so comfortable here, and we love it here, and we feel like we can say anything, but....

we need to remember our manners.  If we buy something from a store and we don't like it we need to remember that people reading what we wrote may not be people who post, but who either own a store or buy from one of the stores we are talking about.

So say I complained about Judi's store....it had crummy stripped polyester leisure suits.

Well Judi is on here a lot and she will read that and it could hurt her feelings.

For the record, if Judi had a store and if she had polyester striped leisure suits I Know they would only be the very best....this is just an example.

Or say you buy magic pixie dust from me at my store GolliesRus.  But because you didn't read and follow the directions the pixie dust didn't do the magic you were counting on.  And you don't know that I am part owner of this forum and you bad mouth my pixie dust.  How happy am I going to be hearing you talk about me and my store like this on my forum?

Just for the record, I don't have magic pixie dust and I don't own part of this forum....but if I did I would be really unhappy,

Because one of the Lurkers was just about to give me my first humongous order for pixie dust and now he wont....because of what he read here in the forum.

So when it comes to any public institution, magazine, store, public entity, other bear artists, if they are here or they aren't, shows, people who run the shows etc.....lets remember our manners.

I think its ok to mention we aren't crazy with something.  for instance SueAnn's tamales at Christmas time, you didn't know SueAnn had a TexMex restaurant?  Fab darling, you have to go.

But the take out took 2 weeks and the tamales weren't even warm. 

Granted they had to drive from Texas to Oregon.....and granted they had stops to make along the way, but I didn't tell you that, I just complained.

Now Josie, who live 3 miles away from SueAnn isn't going to order take out because she is put off by what I said.  And because she didn't realize that my order was coming a thousand miles.  It does make a differance.

For the record.  Sue Ann doesn't have a TexMex restaurant.  And she didn't drive a thousand miles to deliver tamales.

Words have power.  Words are important.  What we say can help or hurt.

So lets remember our manners.  If we have a real critisims lets do it with tact and dignity, remembering that whoever is reading what we write is only human too.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Nice reminder in a witty, compassionate post, Dilu!!  Sure wish I did own a TexMex restaurant!   bear_grin  bear_grin

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Hi Dilu,
    I love your humour and your ability to say things to grab our attention.  Last year at Xmas, my sister got a book and then lent it to me.  It's called "The Four Agreements"  which are meant to be with yourself.  I really enjoyed the book and it hit home in a lot of ways.   The first agreement is "be impeccable with your word" and it truly is both simple and incredibly difficult.  We all have said things to other people we wish we could take back, so you are absolutely right - it's so much better if we practice saying things in a nice way.  Take care!

Hugs,

Brenda

NancyAndFriends Posts: 1,153

What a great point to bring up Dilu...you are absolutely correct!
Nancy

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Me too Sue Ann....cuz its 8 pmn and I am craving REAL tamalies....and do you know how hard it is to find real anything in the forest? 

Don't everyone choke....but I love tamalies and cottage cheese.  Yummm....

Sue Ann you ever think about a restaurant?  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin

hugs

dilu

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

I agree completely I am speaking from experience.  It HURTS!!!!!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Dilu wrote:

Me too Sue Ann....cuz its 8 pmn and I am craving REAL tamalies....and do you know how hard it is to find real anything in the forest? 

Don't everyone choke....but I love tamalies and cottage cheese.  Yummm....

Sue Ann you ever think about a restaurant?  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin

hugs

dilu

Nope - never thought of owning one, but if I did, I'd have a non-ending supply of TexMex . . . which I dearly LOVE!

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

Well said Dilu

tee hee if Sue Ann did bring tamales to your door, even if she was three months late, I just know you would be so happy to see her you'd forget all the cold tamales  (though you might secretly tell one of the golly's to play a trick on her!)

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

Oh no Dilu...I know a mexican lady that makes home made tamales....she comes by every friday....they are $1. each and worth it...

Hmmm, I hope I didnt say anything to hurtanyones  feelings...if I did I certainly apologize ....thats the last thing Id ever do in any case...yes, people remember our manners all the time , you never know when someone who is not here will be here one day then read your post and  that may hurt...we need to be the very fuzziest of persons on this board so we can welcome everyone....Winney

plushkinbear BEAR ME SHOOTKA
Vladivostok, RUSSIA

Dilu, thank you for your post. It's good thing to remember....Words do have power..healing and destroying.

I hope our TT power is mostly openhearted and healing.

Huggs, to all memebers, Julia :hug:

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Amen Dilu!!!  Very good way to bring up a truly meaningful subject.  It reminds me of Pandoras Box.  Once it's out you can't take it back...no matter how much you try.

Hey...I was only carrying striped leisure suits for the National Disco Danceoff here on our farm!  Tee Hee! bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh

You are very good with words Dilu.

I just want to add one thing:

Be kind to all mohair....variety is the spice of life....and it covers our dearest furry friends.  No matter what they are on the outside, they are all bears inside......(and we don't want them to start protesting mohair discrimmination). bear_happy

Board footer