Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Pages:
carsoncreations Carson Creations
Macomb, IL
Website

I just have to say, this board is better than a tonic.   After coming home from a job that is hectic and stressful, with a "dog eat dog" atmosphere, I sign onto the message board and am uplifted by  the posts from you all.  Sorry I don't contribute as much, but I am watching and enjoying the compassion and commaraderrie spilling outta my screen.   

After reading the many posts, my spirits and enthusiasm are renewed enough to melt away all the day's stress.  I just wanted to say 'thank you" to all of you for being so wonderful.

Hugs,

Wanda

ellen ontario, canada

*mega ditto*
thank you!
bear_original

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Awwww! Ain't that nice were all loved. I agree this place is a great place to learn about bears and their needs plus a great place to have friends help out with all kind of worries.

Love yer all!

Jane

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

I agree 100%--this is a super stress reliever! After a day with TS Eliot and OCD, not to mention dyslexia and sewage in the basement, you ladies are the best invention since chocolate . . . :D

Eileen

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Ditto ditto ditto!  You are ALL wonderful and even better than a tonic or Paxil!

Wisdom Bears Wisdom Bears
Ayrshire, Scotland.

Hi everyone,
                          Just got to agree with you all , if your down ,it cheers you up. Great Friends who hope to have an International convention one day.  From a Very Hot and Sunny Scotland.  Hugs Rita xx

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

Poor Rita :(

Your heatwave just goes on and on. I hate heat. Warm yes, hot no. I really sympathize. Time to move in slomo, and forget the unessentials.

Here's a little video that always cheers me up, even in the face of a $5000 plumbing bill!

http://media.ebaumsworld.com/index.php?e=smartdog.wmv

Eileen

Wisdom Bears Wisdom Bears
Ayrshire, Scotland.

Hi Eileen,
                   That was wonderful, We both thoroughly enjoyed the video . Just finished an order for 5 bears and this is not weather for sewing. Anyway, better go and get them boxed now. Speak Soon. Hugs Rita xxx

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Yes I agree, this is a wonderful place full of wonderful people! I already through out my Prozac and I am almost ready to give up the wine and chocolate!!!! (Maybe not the wine and chocolate???) :lol:

Hugs Louise and Garnet

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Better than Paxil and Prozac?  Wow, ladies... that's high praise indeed.

I also love coming here; it's a little respite from what can sometimes be an icky, sticky world.

I think a little peace of mind and support can cure anything.  It was either Princess Diana, or Mother Teresa -- or both -- who made comments to the effect that all the world needs to really cure itself is love... and that the one thing people suffer more from than any other is a lack of just that: love.

Friendship takes many forms; I'm glad you're all in my "circle!"

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

Hey Wanda

Yes, we are a lovely bunch of girls are'nt we?
I just can't resist checking in even when i should be doing something else - like now :rolleyes:

Better than Prozac & Paxil eh? Yeah, i guess we are but i noticed Louise still won't give up the wine and choccies - good on ya girl!

Eileen - what are you doing with TS Eliot -does'nt he stink a bit in this hot weather seeing as he's been a goner for years? hoo hoo hoo

It's always a pleasure chatting with you lot of bearygirls

PennyPoodles - who should be doing the laundry but instead is visiting TeddyTalk bear_tongue

Laure Fool's Gold Bears
San Luis Obispo, CA

Can't talk, have scads to do ( soon as I finish reading all the posts) :P

But wanted to say ditto to all....This is a wonderful place to spend time with wonderful people. Bye! bear_laugh

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

:lol:
Oh Wanda!!  So nice to hear from ya when you do have time!  I wholeheartedly agree!!!  That's why I still check in with my friends.. you all make me feel so much better bear_laugh

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

Does he EVER, Penny :lol:

I booted up my computer at 4 this morning, ready for a little teddytalk with my coffee.

First message I opened was from a foreign student with very underdeveloped English skills, wanting to know if I could please explain The Wasteland to her in the next hour. I said "not likely" and sent her a link to Sparknotes and Eliot's audio reading.

Can you imagine? The Wasteland at 4 a.m. Enough to curdle the cream in anybody's coffee! :P

Shelli--Beatles too: Altogether now. All you need is love . . . Zaps the Blue Meanies :D

Eileen

Nicholasville, KY
Website

Eileen wrote:

I booted up my computer at 4 this morning,

You mean you don't leave it running 24/7?  bear_laugh  We sometimes can't sleep so like to pop on the computer whenever we like bear_tongue

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Hi ya wanda-

we are a motley but nice crew aren't we....know what would make us better?

Having you here more often....

Sorry it's a dog eat dog world out there.....your'e not a nurse are you?

I remember an article 20 years ago where the title was
'why do nurses eat their young?"

Yuck....but true.....I watched it happen time and again and you know what we have now?  A really bad nursing shortage.

Mom was right...nursing is recession proof.

But in truth....aren't most all jobs like that now?  And izn't it really sad?

What to do?

My diagnosis is that there are simply not enough gollys in the world and when life gets you down....make a golly!!!:D:D

Dillydally woggermaker

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Eileen, the link you had to the "smart dog" was priceless . . . I laughed out loud, it was SO amazing!  Aren't animals a great mood lifter???!!!  Along with all the priceless and amazing people on this board!

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

I'm with you, Laura,

But my husband actually believes that we save a bit by turning the computer(s) off from time to time. We humor him. It takes so little to make him happy--closing the cubboard doors, turning off the TV when nobody's watching, radio ditto--not to mention the odd bottle of Glen Morangie!! :D

I'm so glad you like Smartdog, Sue Ann. Everybody should check out Smartdog. My brother-in-law sent it my way a year ago, and I have a look at it at least once a week--it makes me smile no matter what. Love that sweet dog--completely clicker-trained.

For those of you holdouts who haven't, it's a short clip of a woman and her dog dancing to 'Better Shape Up' from Grease. Wonderful.

Smartdog and Gollie Power!

Eileen

Laure Fool's Gold Bears
San Luis Obispo, CA

Eileen, The clip is so great!!  A real uplifter.  I sent it to all my loved ones. bear_laugh

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Hi Wanda, I'm little late again
.. I agree with you and everyone bear_original I love to visit here everyday. You are all
so wonderful !!!! :D

Bear Hugs/Marie

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Ohh lovely to hear from you Wanda.  It's great to know that even if people are too busy to participate, they are still reading and enjoying the board.

Danni

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Delartful Bears wrote:

It's great to know that even if people are too busy to participate, they are still reading and enjoying the board.

I agree wholeheartedly.  Lurkers are just as welcome as participants.  Someday, they may become (or re-become; is that a word? :P) participants, too!

Laure Fool's Gold Bears
San Luis Obispo, CA

bear_original Hello Lurkers! bear_original  I problyotta turn into one of you...save time. bear_grin

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Hi Wanda,
Glad you could stop in for a moment. I miss seeing Tyler's adorable face! bear_happy OK, I miss hearing from you too!:lol:

Ladies, I live 45 minutes from ANYTHING...,my hubby is gone 13 hours a day and my dog has separation anxiety so I can't leave him alone and in the heat of summer he can't sit in the car while I do errands so..... I'm home alone A LOT!

Only, because of all of you, I'm not alone. I know I spend way too much time on the computer and not enough time on bears but because I can go all day without talking to anyone, coming here helps keep me sane! AND I get lots of laughs which are good for the soul as well as the health.

And, speaking of the soul, as one of our dear members here is going through some rough times it's been encouraging to see the amount of prayers and support come forth. I'm so lucky to be a part of a group of such wonderful, spiritual ladies!

"God Bless Us Everyone!" Tiny Tim

Hugs,
Daphne

Nicholasville, KY
Website

Awww Daphne!  I hear ya!  I do LIKE being home alone... but probably because I know I can come here and chat with my friends bear_original

Eileen I'm so glad you told us what the clip was... cause yes, I had not clicked.   (trying to save time on the computer bear_original )  But I did see that about a year ago and LOVE it!  Have to go back and save it to the hard drive bear_original.

Pages:

Board footer