Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Deb Upstate New York

nose.jpgMake a rectangle, then add longer threads on the sides?  Help!

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

THat sure explaines it to me....do the basic shape then ADD the sides ( will be more width to the nose ) then the center...ORRRRRRRRRRRRRRR maybe Id rather....

Do the center ( septum)  then ADD the width onto the septum (makes a  wider nose )  then do the last sides...it looks like to me all this can  be broken down into small steps ...OK now go give it a try...there is nothing to loose ....Winney

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

MONKEY-BEAR-closeup-with-monkey-72dpi.jpgSLEIGH-BEAR-closeup.jpgI've done a few noses like this and am certainly no expert (most of my noses are oval shaped.)  But... when I"ve done them, I've embroidered the oval pretty much to a finished stage.  Then, afterward, I added the septum and both side bits... in that order.

The pic above, SANTA CLAWS, is of a bear with this kind of nose, but unfortunately much of it is lost in shading and shadows so you can't make it out too well.  The side bits are narrower (just a few stitches each) than the ones shown in your original photo, above.

The smaller pic of CLAIRE shows a similar nose, done in a different way.  In the case of CLAIRE, I drew the actual shape of the nose onto the mohair backing as it appears, then satin stitched as usual.

Hope that helps a bit.

Deb Upstate New York

Shelli ~

Yes, thank you very much ... and I did wonder what happened, so thanks for the reminder about the moving threads!
:hug:

Board footer