Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Oh Danni thank you for sharing your photo!  You are so pretty!!  Now when I read your postings I'll see "you" in my head.  Before that I always pictured your bears doing the talkign bear_grin

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Hi Daphne,I feel loved and at home already,thanks.Hope to meet you all soon,Shari.

Wisdom Bears Wisdom Bears
Ayrshire, Scotland.

Hi Again, You are getting even closer ,I live about 20 minutes from Ayr, Irvine to be exact, Isn't it a small world. I will send you some pictures of scotland later / Hugs Rita xx

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Wow,twenty minutes from Ayr,that's amazing.His last name was Black.I love this board!! Blessings,Shari.

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

Shari,

Does your fabric store do mailorder? I'd love to find a Canadian source for the really nice faux furs.

My great great grandfather was born in Scotland too. He came to the US and ranched in Tennessee. My grandfather moved to Texas and tried to ranch in the  Texas panhandle during the depression--I don't think he was exactly the brains of the family.

Eileen

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

I almost forgot!! :|

Congratulations, Rita!!

Eileen

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Hi Eileen.My store is Atlantic Fabrics owned by a husband and wife.They have 6 or 7 stores in Nova scotia and New Brunswick.try their website...www.atlanticfabrics.com ,they may have mailorder. I pick and choose only certian furs.I'm picky:) Blessings,Shari.

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

Thanks, Shari, I'll check it out!

You'd think, wouldn't you, that a big fat self-centered city like Toronto would have a great fabric selection? Not so.  I've worn my feets out looking. :(

Eileen

Wisdom Bears Wisdom Bears
Ayrshire, Scotland.

Hi Eileen,
                   I have already adopted you as a Scot anyway, you've kept in the family ,married to a Scot as well as having Scottish Blood in your veins,I bet it shows up when you hear the Bagpipes .He he.  LOL Rita xxxx
Thanks for the Congrats by the way.

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

I love the little cub attached to your postings,I am aspiring to make a bear that looks like a real bear cub.I have some taxidermy catalouges and am making open-mouth bears with polymer sculpted teeth.Next I'll work on my eyes.There's great info on this site,I happened upon it last night and there are some awesome ,talented artists involved.I feel like I landed on a cloud.Now to tear myself away and actually get some work done.Blessings,Shari.

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

Thanks, Rita bear_laugh That is a most generous compliment!! My other genetic half is Belgian, on my Dad's side. I've been told it's a dangerous combination . . . but I was in heaven when we visited Scotland. I love the people and the land, but went stark raving mad for the sheep. I love sheep. I also love bagpipes, find them soothing. Of course, I have a collection of wolf howls that I also find soothing . . .

Shari, isn't he a sweetie? I'm hoping to make some realistic bears too. I'd like to figure out to get the realistics to sit like teddies or, for that matter, like real bears.
I'm not anywhere near as experienced as the other ladies on this forum. I've only made 2.5 bears, not counting the false starts and unmitigated disasters.

I have a taxidermy catalogue too--Vandyke's. I love their eyes. I'm tempted to order an inset mouth to use as a model. I used glass 'daggar' beads as teeth, but would like to try making my own.

Problem is, I'm tutoring English (believe it or not) to pay for my bearbills, and bearly keeping up.

Got to get back to The Wasteland, so to speak.

Eileen

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Hmm,I don't think either of my cataogues is from Vandykes.I'll have to look into that.Funny that you say tutoring,I'm an Elementary School Teacher without a full time job.I substitute and work at the store so I can keep up with my "bear" expenses.I have to get ready for work.Chat with you later,blessings,Shari.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Big, big welcome, Shari!!  Your avatar is amazing and wonderful!!  Hope you have lots of fun here as we love to talk, support, share, and joke around a LOT!  Would love to see more of your bears, too!

Danni . . . just as I thought . . . you ARE beautiful!!  Thanks much for sharing a photo with us.  You NEVER need to be bashful around the people on this board, you know.  All of us have our faults and our good traits, and we all are cut from the mold of humanity! bear_tongue bear_tongue bear_ermm   Yuck, I can get sickeningly saccharine sometimes!  bear_tongue  bear_grin

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Ah, but saccarine is sweet, and boy could the world use a bit of that stuff on occasion.  Sue Ann, you may be saccharine, but you're a gift to us all.

Danni, you're a fox.  Get over it.  You kinda remind me of my sister, who is a brunette with curls and perfect, peaches n cream skin.  Usually, I hate her for both.  :D

Shari -- HI!  I recognize your eBay ID.  Very nice bear in your avatar!  Welcome to the board

Rita -- You MUST start using capital letters for your important announcements, because I believe people are simply not SEEING them somehow.

CONGRATULATIONS on being the Artist of the Month at Planet Teddy Bear.  What a wonderful honor!  Our own Cindy Woodson was recently featured on the pages of their print magazine -- Teddy Bear Club International -- and so was Paula Carter.  Did I forget anyone?  I think, ladies, that we need to be pointing our submission energy (remember that pie analogy, now!) at Planet Teddy Bear/TBCI.  They seem very receptive!!!

Here is the link to Rita's star turn which I am sure you will all visit with interest and pride:  http://www.planet-teddybear.com/bearart … onth.shtml

Rita, I loved the way you spoke of hand-delivering your bears to Sean Connery or Pierce Brosnan.  "Mmmm..." ?????  Love it!

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Sue Ann,
Your sweet, endearing, thoughtful sentiments and wisdom are a very special ingredient on this board! You should put together a book of Sue Ann quotes and hubby's poetry. Together you'd create a must have gift of wonderful and uplifiting reading for everyone!
Keep being you!!!
Love & Hugs,
Daphne

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Hi Shelli bear_original yes we have conversed before.I'm so happy to have found this place.

Hi SueAnn.Thanks for your kind comments.I do have a web page but I did it myself and it needs much work.Blessings,Shari.

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Danni! You are beautiful Hon! I am so pleased you unveiled that beautiful face of yours to us. You are as cute as your bears.

Welcome Shari! You fellow canadian you! Hugs and you will love it here. Your bear is wonderful!

Hugs Louise

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Shelli wrote:

Rita -- You MUST start using capital letters for your important announcements, because I believe people are simply not SEEING them somehow.

YES Rita!!!! I totally MISSED it!  (trying to read quickly so as not to be on the 'puter so much:lol:_

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

Rita, I read the article thanks to Shelli's, link and it's wonderful!  May I ask if I can come along when you present your bears to Pierce and Sean??!!  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin

Thanks, everyone, for tolerating my "message" posts . . . I REALLY think the world of all of you and want y'all to know it!  Bear people are the greatest!

Shari . . . what's your website address?

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Welcome to the board Shari, you'll love it here!!!

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Ooh thanks everyone!!  You're all so sweet!!  I really appreciate your kind words.

Daph - I don't think I usually look like my bears - I have big eyes, but they look small in the photo, 'cept of course i have their tummies :mad:

Shelli - you should be pleased you got the blonde hair!!!   I know I would be, but yet, no-one is happy with what they have!

Thanks again girls!
Danni

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Thanks Louise and delartful for your wonderful welcomes;) I alresdy love it here!! Where are you from Louise?

Sue Ann....my website is www.geocities.com/bearmaker55

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

Shari, your bears are all adorable!!  I couldn't get the dolls/angels link to work, so didn't see your dolls.  You are a busy lady!  Look forward to visiting with you via the message board!

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Sue Ann,thanks for the wonderful comments.I browsed your site,very adorable.I love to see artists pictures of themselves so I have a face to put with a name:D You are also very busy,five cats.... I loved your bears and friends,especially Calypso and your Rooster. Talk to you soon,blessings Shari.

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

OK Ladies..... do Danni's bears look like Danni or am I nuts??? (Perhaps you shouldn't answer that!)

Danni - It's not the SIZE of your eyes, it's the the placement. Oh, never mind!!! Danni - your bears look NOTHING like you!! bear_tongue:lol::P

Board footer