Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

starlite Starlite Bears
Renfrew,Scotland

shellitt.jpgHi Shelli,
You are in TBCI too in another article see the picture  bear_thumb
Well done :hug:
Anne

Pipa UK

Well done Shelli  :dance:

Gatehouse Bears Gatehouse Gallery
Lockwood, Victoria, Australia

What clever and talented people we all are on TT bear_thumb

Congrats, Shelli :clap:

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

yey Shelli!

It is so much nicer to read these magazines and go I know that person (well sort of  bear_tongue

NancyAndFriends Posts: 1,153

Gee, I wished I received this magazine.
thank you girls for posting the pics so we can all see.

Congratulations Shelli...did you know your darling little ballerina was going to be in that issue?
She is just too too cute!
nancy........

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I did not know about this in advance of the release date of this magazine... although obviously I sent in some photos to TBCI.  Wow and THANK YOU for posting this, Anne.  How exciting!  I did hear about this from a fellow TT-er, but that was just yesteday, and I haven't seen the page yet.  I didn't know there were two pictures... and what looks like a pretty nice write up.  So thank you; it's great to see this for real.  I have only been published a handful of times so it's very exciting, in a giddy little-girl kind of way, every time it happens. 

Thanks again for letting me know, and giving me a sneak peek.  Luckily I have a subscription so I can check it out in a month or so for myself, when it arrives!

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

:clap:  :clap: How wonderful!!!  :clap:  :clap:  And very much deserved  :hug:

Anne, thank you *very* much for posting this so we can all see  bear_flower

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Congrats Shelli!!!  :clap: I am so proud of you gals that are getting published  bear_thumb  I hope one day to be among those that get published bear_original  :pray:

Deb Upstate New York

Yeah!  That's OUR Shelli!

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Congrats Shelli!!  :clap:  bear_flower

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Big Congratulations Shelli - way to go Girl! bear_thumb

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

VERY, VERY cool, Shelli!!!  You go, Girl!!   :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Sandi.S. Posts: 1,277

Yay, Shelli!  :clap:  Good for you, girl!

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Thank you all for your congratulations... they are appreciated!  And extra thanks to the last three of you, who called me "girl" in your posts.  I will be turning the Big 4-0 at the end of this week and I feel about as far from being a "girl", number-wise anyway, as I've ever felt.  Inside, though, I'm still a wee brat!

bear_original

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon
Shelli wrote:

Thank you all for your congratulations... they are appreciated!  And extra thanks to the last three of you, who called me "girl" in your posts.  I will be turning the Big 4-0 at the end of this week and I feel about as far from being a "girl", number-wise anyway, as I've ever felt.  Inside, though, I'm still a wee brat!

:)

I seem to recall a few months ago someone giving me heck for whinning about feeling old when I was turning 41...who might that have been?   bear_rolleyes

40's....the new 30's (or so I've been reading)...it only gets better from here on out!!!!

Congrats on your article...much deserved recognition as always....way to go BRAT!!

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

bear_tongue  bear_tongue  bear_tongue

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Shelli and Judi! Do you two know how proud we are of both of you? You are two lovely ladies who we (this forum) have had privilage to know and learn from! Love you both, and wish only the best is yet to come for both of you!

Many Hugs Louise

baggaley bears Baggaley Bears
UK ( nottinghamshire )
Website

Congratulations Shelli  :hug:   :dance:   :clap:  :clap:

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Oh WOW!!!!  WoooHooo Shelli and Judi  i am so happy for you both!

Louise- you have an avatar!  Its beautiful, remarkably, I think I recognize the style.  I am so happy you have one now....

We do have truly remarkable talant on this board.  I don't know about some of you others who aren't as experienced, but this is how I feel:

I feel like the big girls let me hang out with them.  It's like how I felt when my sister, who was 10 years older than I, let me go with her to the movies with her friends.  Now probably she had been told she couldn't go if she didn't take me, but, I didn't know that at the time.  I thought I was just really really lucky .  Well that's how I feel here.  The grown ups are letting me play with them again.

And here's the neat thing, because of the type of artists we have here, our own learning curve is cut, drastically.  Where it might have taken Shelli 6 months of experimenting and maybe even a few eyes not good enough to use, well she shared what she knew with us, so we could start out with good looking eyes right off the bat.  Of course it is up to us to take that and expand it, work it and make it ours.....but gollygeewhillikers.....we got a heads up....here's-what-to-do-lesson.

I think I am very lucky to get to learn from some of the best artists in the field, and Shelli and Judi are tops in my book.

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Gee, what an incredibly lovely thing to say.  Thank you, Dilu, and everyone.  But do remember, I learn from you all, too... every day.  Stuff about proportions, sewing, mohair types, thread, wax, shading media, stuffing, and dyeing; things related to computers, geography, nations, countries, and languages.  And so on.  It's not a one-way street, so don't put too much emphasis on "martyr."  I get a LOT out of participating here... not the least of which is the sense that I have REAL friends, all over this great globe we live on.

Much love,

Board footer