Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Dilu Posts: 8,574

iIWAS THE LUCKY LUCKY WINNER of a piece of work that defies logic, and words cannot convey the workwomanship, the delicacy, the beauty of this little guy....even my pictures do not do this him justice, but I hope you can get a hint:

IMAG000.JPG
[imghttp://cakewalkcreation.ihoststudio.com/guest_bear/IMAG000.JPG][/img]

IMAG001.JPG

My hunnybunny said we would get one of those glass thing-a-ma-jimmineys to keep the little guy in- where dust,dogs,cats,birds and klutz's can't cause any damage.

And Laure, Mr. Understatment here was really impressed....he kept turning it around and around-  "Where's the stitches?"  he said....

I have to tell you people, this little guy is jointed, and not string jointed either!....and his stitches are very nearly invisible....I have to ask Laure if she used silk thread.  In applique silk thread is nearly invisible....

Laure, my dear friend, you give me inspiration to work towards-and if I live to be 100 I do not believe I will ever achieve what you have already achieved!

I am so unbelievably glad to have been the recipient!  I feel very lucky indeed!!

Dilu

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

Lucky old you Wonks!

What did you have to do to win him Wonks? I never win anything :(

Our Laure is great is'nt she? Very talented and i imagine she must have the patience of a saint to produce such a teenyweeny bear. If it were me Wonkywoo, that bear would have been in the bin after a few attempts to turn him rightside out, let alone sewing him!

Love all the piccies of the get together Wonks - wish i could have been there, but i suspect that i would have caused too much of a kerfuffle hahahaha

Pennykins bear_tongue

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

Lucky Dilu,

Congrats to you and esp to Laure!! What a gorgeous little mite--I'm working on a little one too, and I wish he looked half so good. I'm on my 3rd mutilated leg :/

Thanks for all the piccies and commentary, Dilu--almost (not quite) as good as being there. Once Winney's taught us ribbons, maybe we can get her to do scissor sculpting here

Eileen

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Ooh what a gorgeous looking bear!! Lucky you Dilu!

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

He is so darling indeed!  Those little guys are extremely tricky...I don't know how you did him Laure!  I bet you had to use hemostats (You know what those are nurse Dilly woggs).

You also must have very good eyesight:)

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Oh he's absolutely darling!!!

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Way to go Laure!!! Great Job Hon!

Hugs Louise

Just Us Bears Just Us Bears
Australia

Wahhhhh..I can't see the pictures!!!!:(

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Laure,

Unbelievable !!!
The little guy is jointed !? How could !?
I'm just so amaze of your miracle work.

Dilu, thank you for sharing another
wonderful picture. How ever I can't see
*YOU* anywhere !? Where is dancing
picture !?  he he bear_laugh
Hugs/Marie

Australia

How big is he by the way?

Well you can see by the quarter some of the sizing measurement wise I got under 2.5" long, but he is very delicate

hmmmmm  my hunnybunny says that Aussie quarters are about the same size as US quarters.....but I wonder, how does he know?

Dilu

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

I can't see the picture, Help! It sounds so good where's the picture gone?

Jane.

I don't know guys....I still see the picture.  Maybe Johanna can help us, but it is only 7:36 am on Monday here, so i don't expect her back to Intercal until later!

Dilu

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

BooHoo . . . I can't see the pics, either!!  Waaaaa!

Laure Fool's Gold Bears
San Luis Obispo, CA

Hi Everyone.  Thanks for the compliments on the little bear.  I can't remember if he was sewn with silk.  I think it was just thin Gutterman thread.  I doubt that I would have the fortitude to make another that small, as that one was done quite a few years back.

Unfortunately I have not been able to view any of the pics on the board from our meeting either.  Too bad.  Maybe it will work better later.

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

I can't see them either!! bear_sad

I think I can fix this.....give me about 15 min.......

ok it took 2 hours.....soooo what's an hour and 45 minamongst bear friends?:lol::lol:

Oh Golly-gee-whiz!

I can't get the copied pics to paste ......hmmmmm

Since I got them up once I suspect I can again.....but boy am I sorry you al are missing these pics.....Laure's bear is worth the extra effort though, so let me fool around.....

21st century-pookins!

Dillydally

I'll let you all know as soon as pics are back up!  Somebody thinks he needs to be fed and it isn't the cat or the dog!

Dilu

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

Yahoo!!!!  I can see it now and WOW!!  Laure, what a talent you are!!  This teenie tiny guy is great!!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

I have been lurking at Edinburgh's Classroom and found a great piece of information.  The editor of "Bears and Buds" put up a link to an article about our very own Laure in the webzine.  It has photos of some of Laure's totally wonderful bears and lots of great stuff about her!!  Here's the link: 
http://www.bearsandbuds.com/webzine/FoolsGold.asp    Big congrats, Laure!!

Australia

Oh congrats Laure! Lovely Article, you are such a good writter!

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Wowweee! The picture's back. Laure great talent you lovely lady! I can't make these tiny bears my fingers feel like a fistful of pork sausages if I try sewing bears under around eight inches tall. Thanks for the great link to Laure's page Sue Ann.
Big hello to you too Shari! I just love the bear in your avatar...what a darling face. Where can we see more of your bears?

I've decided to keep a folder with these great picture so I can wallow in them at will. I hope you don't mind but it will save searching through all the posts and I can enjoy all your talent when ever I wish.

Jane

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

I hope it's ok too, Jane. I've got a folder of 'artist bear' pictures that I put on 'slideshow' from time to time. Most inspirational and cheering. :D

Eileen

Board footer