Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Just Us Bears Just Us Bears
Australia

Dilu..I just had a look at your site (slowly wading my way thru everyones....) and I loved all your gollies...so unique with their wittle pointy noses! I have to ask though...the gollywoggle house.....is that your studio???
Also, I meant to tell you before when we were revealing our mugs for all....you have quite a striking resemblence to Jennifer Laing! Maybe it's just the photo, I dunno, maybe the girls who met you face to face at AAA can tell us. Sadly, I can seen to see any of the pics from that day either.:(:(:(

Australia

Obviously I am in dire need of some coffee...I DID spell check that before sending.....but I actually meant to say I CAN'T SEEM to see the pictures.

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Hayley.....believe it or not that is MY house and I get to share it with the golies, the cats the dog the parrot oh yeah....and my hunnybunny!

Dilu

Australia

WoW!! What an amazing house Dilu! Did you design it yourselves? It looks like it's straight out of a fairytale! Someone once commented about our house...that it's one of those homes where you walk thru the front door and don't need to ask directions to tha bathroom...humph!:P Definitely couldn't say that about yours! Fabulous!:cool: The reason I asked if it was your studio is because it looks quite small in the pic....guess looks are deceiving!

Dilu Posts: 8,574

wellllll

You are right, it isn't a big house....It is less than 1000 sq. feet.  The living room and kitchen are all one-But I love the kitchen because it is so easy to work in and since there is only one wall I can see everything going on in the living room.  The only straight walls are in the center.  My dad used to tell me that it is better to live in a round house because ;"the devil can't catch you in a corner lassie girl!"

The circumference is 40 feet and the inside highest place at the top is 15 feet.

It is made out of concrete and rebar and is unbelievably energy efficient.  Our winter heating bill was 1 cord of wood- $140.00 and in the summer with the smallest window air conditioner Sears had it the electricity only goes up to $40-$50 a month.

We found it on the internet when we were searching  for the right home, and when my hubby showed me the picture......that was that.

Because of the design it had been on the market for about 7 years and seemed unsaleable and because the builder was getting awfully desperate we got it for $20.000 lesss than asking price.  There were problems needing fixing which suited us just fine, cuz it meant we could do it the way we wanted.

Because we are in the forest I can't have much of a front yard.....the deer like to eat sooo many things....I know I am safe with Lavender, daffys and iris- so that's about all I have in the front....the fenced in area is where I get to go garden crazy....this year 8 rosebushes....climbers for the fences, and smellers for potporee....(sp)

Its a fun house and we are really enjoying it....and in my mind it is a house that screams Teddies and Gollies....

Thank you for the compliment-Jennifer Laing...wow....my makeup must have been really good that day!;)

dilu

oops....forgot to spell check bear_grin:lol:

Australia

Well Dilu..I think your house suits you to a 'T'...and it sounds absolutely magical! Surrounded by bush and with deer coming into your yard...it looks like a picture straight from a Shirley Barber story book (my absolute favourite childrens writer...with illustrations to die for!). Lucky you!:lol:

Board footer