Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Gail Bear With Me Enterprises
Website

If you haven't seen Bloominbuddies yorkie on e-bay go have a peek She actually has championship real yorkie fur on her and the bid at the moment is $3600.00. She is simply awesome!!!
Hugs
Gail

lhttp://cgi.ebay.com/Yorkie-Yorkshire-Terrier-OOAK-by-artist-K-G-K_W0QQitemZ7215459372QQcategoryZ10859QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Wow!
So do you think she needled the fur in? How does one do that?
Here's an active link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Yorkie-Yorkshire-Te … dZViewItem

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

My goodness!

Lhearn Critters Creations
Alberta
Website

I just seen it tonight as well.  She would of had to have shaved the dog to get the hair that long and enough of it make him.  I have two yorkies but only as pets not for show.  I was wondering  that to if it was needle felted.  A talented lady.  Nice dog and a lot of work I would think. 
Lynn

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Goodness gracious me!   

bear_rolleyes

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

She says on the site that she painstakingly glued the hair on bit by bit! It's beautiful but I think I prefer teddybears!

Marion

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

:doh:  GLUED!!?  bear_shocked

Eileen

nettie scotland
Website

I have to be a killjoy here and say it is not my cup of tea.I can appreciate she is very talented and it was a lot of work but it looks like a stuffed real one to me ,which gives me the willies!!!At least it isn't dogs skin thank goodness.I only like real fur on the original owners but that just me.I like a lot of the cute mohair dogs around but for 3600 I would rather have some real dogs.No contest.I am happy to see hard work and talent rewarded though.Ooo what an old party pooper I am !!!!

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Nettie, I am with you and Lynn is right... she'd have to shave the dog.... can't show a naked dog!  bear_laugh
I just can't imagine all that gluing.....  bear_wacko
There are lots of folks out there into their yorkies who obviously love this little girl so her efforts have paid off!!

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

Nettie - you expressed my sentiments exactly but I didn't have the nerve to say it. It sort of creeped me out but I admired the artistry. Those dogs are cute but not my cup of tea as well. I'm a Boston fan all the way.

Marion

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original Ditto--I'd buy the real Yorkie!  bear_laugh

Eileen

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

Y'know i was really stupid  :doh:

I sent the seller an email asking if the dog was a 'stuffed' Yorkie because she said it was real Yorkie fur!  :redface:

But she very kindly explained that it was the hair clipped from her own dog - the poor old soul must look like a skinhead - hope it's got a wooly jumper to put on, it's not exactly the time of year for the shaven look is it?

I bet that dog will keep an eye on his mum everytime he hears those clippers whirr into action  bear_tongue

I agree - would'nt you just buy a real dog for that amount of cash? I know you get the pee and the poo too but at least you have a relationship with a living animal.

Penny  bear_wub

ScottBear scott's bears

HI folks   #1 I just dont get it ...in the picture the li"l dogs PAW very clearly looks like material of some type hmmm needle felted into muslin?(why dose she not say this)  #2 GLUE !!! sorry but in no way should Glue be used to create soft sculpture art (this might upset a few bear folks) if you use glue in ANY part of a visual techeque you need to look for another way to make it work ...What we do is called needle ARTS....GLUE is for "crafters"
#3 I am not keen about the glass nose she used
#4 AND THE MOST IMPORTANT!!!! WHAT THE HELL DO I KNOW AS I JUST HAD ONE OF MY NICEST BEARS NOT SELL ON EBAY .
IF I HAVE LEARNED ANYTHING ABOUT COLLECTIBLES OVER THE LAST 20 YEARS IN RETAIL IS THE DAY YOU THINK YOU HAVE FIGURED IT OUT IS THE DAY TO GET OUT   
BearHug
Scott

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Scott,
You're sooo right about retail!  Just look at the nominations for the Golden Teddy so far.  Judi's whimsical bears and Sue Ann's anime bear.  The retail market is always looking for the next "new" thing.  It certainly keeps things interesting!!  It also keeps us all growing and expanding our vision of art.

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Is there a glue that will stand the test of time???

I can just imagine what this dog will look like in 10, 20 years.... bald spots??? What about after it's new owner brushes it from time to time?

Hmmm...... leave it to us artists to think of these things!!

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh

I sent the seller an email asking if the dog was a 'stuffed' Yorkie because she said it was real Yorkie fur!

bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh

Penny, you're the greatest!! Horrors  bear_tongue  What did she say?

Daphne--You're right. There is no glue that stands the test of time. Take it from an avid old-furniture freak! As a matter of fact, the only surface material that lasts forever is milk paint. It's just about impossible to remove.

I think that little Yorkie is going to shed itself bald in a spring or two.

I can't believe the artist used only glue. Is it possible that she used a wigging knot or a latch hook to attach the fur to the foundation, and then coated the inside of the foundation with glue?

I'm extremely jealous of the bids she's getting, of course.

Eileen

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

So, I got curious, checked out her completed auctions... the two most recent were won by the current high bidder of this auction. http://search-completed.ebay.com/search … Show+Items And there are only two people bidding on the current auction. Wouldn't we all love to have that kind of following?!?!?

Gail Bear With Me Enterprises
Website

On top of all this her reserve wasn't met until it passed the $3500.00 mark. I too would love to have the real thing for that kind of money!!!
Hugs
Gail

Dilu Posts: 8,574

There is an awful lot of art that I can appreciate without owning.  That doesn't
make it any less art simply because i don't want to own it.  There is so much talant out there and I love seeing what everyone is able to do...

Isn't it exciting to be able to see the  Sistine ceiling or a 3500 dollar Yorkie and appreciate the thinking, planning and work that went into both.  I love looking at the stuff that you guys do, knowing I will never be equal to....

But here's my reasoning, I first started using it with piano; by coming so close to a concert career I truly do know what went into the art that Rubenstein created with his 2 hands and a piano.  I figure by understanding the art form I could be a better audience, and a humbled and appreciative audience too. 

Now because I struggle with my own designs I can better appreciate what you guys go through when you share your triumphs with us.

And I am always  tickled when seeing the imaginative and beautiful things that you all come up with.   It is really like being in a toy shop for me.

dilu

Board footer