Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

Cus20033-re-size.jpgToday in the mail, I received these pictures from Debby, Karen, Yvonne, and Abby, a bear making class I taught in Taipei, Taiwan.
When I opened the envelope , saw the pictures and read the notes that came with them, I sat in the car and had a few tears rolling down my cheeks.
With minimun English, across the world, bears made their imput.
bear_original Lynette

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original Wonderful piccies, Lynette, and a great tribute to your teaching!  bear_flower

Your students' smiles are as sweet as their bears'.

Eileen

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

AWWW... that is an awesome story!!!  :hug:

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

What beautiful pictures.  You must be so proud of those girls. Look at the impact you had.  Their bears are terrific !  :dance:

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Amazing, and you SHOULD be proud and happy!

Lynette... How do you overcome what I assume (maybe incorrectly?) is the language barrier, when you teach there?  Or do you teach in English and the participants know that and speak it themselves?

Fascinating!

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Thanks for sharing that story Lynette ........ isn't it wonderful to spread the love through our own love of Bears

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

That is just wonderful Lynette...Their faces look so happy and the bears are beautiful ...Winney

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

thanks for sharing the wonderful story, Lynette.
How proud the Girls look with their lovely Bears.
Also the fact that the language barrier did not stop you teaching and them learning.

bear_original

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

That' is so wonderful. What a great feeling to have indroduced bearmaking to someone who appreciates it.

Very touching, thanks for sharing

baggaley bears Baggaley Bears
UK ( nottinghamshire )
Website

Thankyou for sharing your lovely story, the girls look so proud and the have every right to be.

Hugs
Vicki

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Awww! Lynette that is such a lovely story and great photos. I would have been having the odd tear roll down my cheek too. You must have taught them well as the bears look awesome.

Hugs Jane  bear_flower

Bonnie Mountain Dreamer Bears
wooly woods of Missouri, USA

What a wonderful moment for you Lynette! Thank you for sharing. The pics and bears and those smiling faces are priceless.

Lynette wrote:

With minimun English, across the world, bears made their imput.

Teddy bears speak a universal language! bear_wub  :hug:

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Great photos and wonderful story, Lynette!  The bears these girls made are fantastic . . . you're a super teacher!

Dilu Posts: 8,574

That is super terrific, Lynette!  i would have cried a wee bit too.  Congratulations, how much fun that must have been, and now you have tangible memories.

:hug:
bear_tongue

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

Shelli, for the instructions, I almost wrote a book. In the sample bear, for every step of the way, I would photograph the part, transfer the picture , and write down the information. I think I covered about 40 pages all in all. We did have a translator in the class, most of the bear making thou was showing and doing it.

One thing with me, is that I always found when participating in a class of any kind, right from a child, I would withdraw, and then go home and sit and try out what ever had been taught. So I had to always keep coming up with something to teach myself in way that I could understand.
It was only until a few months ago, that I was diagnosed has only having about 50% hearing in both ears, so much makes sense now, withdrawing in a class, working on my own.
I think because of this, somehow I seem to be able to teach more with my hands- seems stupid, but somehow it works for me.
bear_original Lynette.

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

And now there photos are in Australia  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

Lynette, thanks for sharing the wonderful story and pictures!  You should be proud!  bear_original

Board footer