Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

I feel better having said that now.  So after being told I need a website at least a kagillion times, I'm trying to work on it.  Our wonderful Quy got me on the right track as far as transfering my domain name which I had registered months ago, etc. but now I'm working on the website itself.

I SUCK!!!

Whew...

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Oh, dear!!!! Breathe, breathe, breathe!!!!
PM on the way!!!

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Hang in there Shantell.  You'll feel so proud when it' s done and we can all ooh and awww over it !     bear_grin  :hug:

Willamette Valley Oregon

I'm fine really...just venting.    A little melodrama for the morning.  I'm letting my spoiled only child, I want it NOW tendencies to sneak through.  I'm over myself.

As I was just telling in a PM both Daphne and Quy...this is all sooooooo new to me and I have to figure out what I want, go find it in the Help menu, read about it, play with it...get a stupid eye headache...stop...go back later...by then I've forgotten what I was doing...it's an ugly circle.   bear_wub

I'll get there...

Lhearn Critters Creations
Alberta
Website

Shantell,
I know how you feel.  Been trying to do the same thing.  It is driving me crazy!!!!   bear_wacko  bear_wacko  bear_wacko Have put it off for a while till after the bear swap is over.  Good luck girl! bear_thumb

Lynn

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

Me too...and I am trying to get my stuff posted at Picture Trail too. Kim says it is easy..probably is, but not for me . I need some help !!! I called my son..hes a whiz at it...Winney

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

I hear you Shantell!!  I hate doing updates on my site and mine is an easy peasy one in regards to lots of other peoples.  Mine just doesn't work well with my laptop browser so I have to do anything major from work who have IE

Vent away!!  Better that than taking your anger out on the computer  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

Don't give up Shantell - it becomes like second nature after you have been doing it for a while. All the things you find difficult now will be a piece of cake in a few weeks and you'll wonder why you struggled with it.

What programme are you using? If you use html - good luck and say goodbye to any semblance of normal life, it takes forever to fiddle around with - i use both html and my hosters easybuild facility

Eventually you get the hang of it - Nil Desperandum as the Romans used to say  bear_tongue

Penny - thinking of you as you grind your brain to dust  bear_wacko

Willamette Valley Oregon
gotobedbears wrote:

Penny - thinking of you as you grind your brain to dust  :wacko:

Ha...I think it already is and I've accomplish notta (not a thing)!!!   bear_tongue

Willamette Valley Oregon

Melanie,

You didn't steal anything...glad for the input.  Your site looks wonderful...I'm jealous!!!   

Thanks for sharing  :hug:   :hug:

Sandi.S. Posts: 1,277

Well, I registered a domain and paid for hosting a few months ago and I still don't have a website. I can do the design part. That part is easy but I got bored of it real quick and haven't done very much work. And as far as turning those designs into a website...huh? My computer-savvy fiancee is supposed to do that for me. He loves to say he'll do something for me, but he must really love forgetting about it!

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Ooooh I am totally opposite.  I am going to be starting a new webpage soon and I can't wait to sink my teath into it.  I know what I want, I am just not sure if I know how to achieve it.  It's going to be simple, but then I prefer webpages that are clean and simple, so I'll be happy with it!

If you need any basic help, jot me a private message.  I will see if I can help.  I'm sure there are heaps of people here though that are willing to answer any of your questions!

Danni

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

Well done Melanie. Mine is very simple and took a few hours to do. I'm working on a better one with yahoo. Its finding the right images and look that takes the time. I'm in no rush, so don't go mad Shantell, I think Penny is right, I've clicked in on a few things that were a bit  bear_wacko .

Go to this site for zillions of backgrounds and other stuff, free too.
http://www.grsites.com/textures/

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

WHOA AMANDA!!!!! - how am i gonna get any sewing done with you posting links to sites like that??????

There are gazzillions of permatations are'nt there?

hmmmmmmmmmm.......should i rebuild my website just so i can use some of the new backgrounds................no better not, it nearly made my head explode the first time
bear_laugh

Penny  bear_wub

Irene Irenours-bears
France

I'm on the same boat ; I pasted the lasted 3 hours to try to understand how my sofware work and i'm soo tired bear_wacko My poor brain hurt me bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin

Willamette Valley Oregon

Thanks Amanda,

I'm giving myself a day off...or so I say right now.  I gave myself a roaring migraine yesterday.

Thanks for all the encouragement.  I tend to get impatient with these things because I have no idea what I'm doing.  I have an idea and that's about it. 

Shantell

Board footer