Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

nettie scotland
Website

fluffy-2.jpgWhile waiting for a mohair order to arrive I have made this fluffy wee soul.The face and arms are wool plush from bearcountryuk.They no longer sell it .I think with a bit practise I could make a nice bear with it.I never make hairy ones and enjoyed the change.The fabric is woven tightly and like lambs fur .It is very soft backed and fluffy to touch.This is a ten inch bear to give you a scale.I have tried allsorts of searches.I keep buying fabric and then it goes out of production.I also like cotton plush which I can't find anymore.Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Diane xxx

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Diane,
is this natural wool that is woven into t fabric?  It is wonderful and looks very natural.  Have you searched sheep skin on ebay?  That is where I might have a look.
Your bear is lovely.  I would love one like that. bear_wub

nettie scotland
Website
Judi wrote:

Diane,
is this natural wool that is woven into t fabric?  It is wonderful and looks very natural.  Have you searched sheep skin on ebay?  That is where I might have a look.
Your bear is lovely.  I would love one like that. :love:

Thanks Judi,
I don't think I could touch sheepskin being a veggie but you are  spot on with the fur.If you can imagine a fabric that feels like it on the front minus the skin.It is like the mattress cover we have here for in the winter .
Diane xxx

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

Can't help with the fabric, but wanted to say I think your bear looks beautiful!

Donna Donna's Duin Bruins
Burbank, CA

Diane,
Edinburgh has several wools that look close.  They are processed just like the mohair onto a cotton backing. 
Donna

nettie scotland
Website
Donna wrote:

Diane,
Edinburgh has several wools that look close.  They are processed just like the mohair onto a cotton backing. 
Donna

Thank Donna,
I will go have a look.They sound just like this fabric.
Have a great weekend
Diane xxxx

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

This looks like synthetic "sheep skin" to me... I have a small piece, not as fluffy.. hopefully you find what you are looking for ! bear_original

nettie scotland
Website

Hi,
I looked at Edinburgh imports and have seen stuff that may be very similar.I bought my stuff a while ago and it was described as pure wool plush.Thanks Donna.

ScottBear scott's bears

I like this fluffy puffy li"L girl done in your old well loved look I would never have used it for that type of look and wow it realy work !!!
JUDI- how does this "fluffy" longer lengh typr of fabric work with air brushing ? should it allways be a short pile to get the best detail or is longer ok(harder)

BearHugs
SCOTT

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I would think that a shorter alpaca blend would look very similar, Diane.  Intercal has a 3/8 inch and a 1/4 inch.  Check out  http://www.intercaltg.com/catalog/alpaca.html

Acipenser Bine-Teddies
Stockholm

Hi Diane,

I just checked bearcountry.uk and they have several cotton plush types and white wool plush. Is that not the same as yours? Admiral-bears.com (in uk) has cotton and probear.com has both wool and cotton fabrics.

Hope this helps.

nettie scotland
Website
gbrame wrote:

Hi Dianne,

I wonder if what you are looking for was once available at Intercal as well.  It looks like it might be something they used to carry called 350S in color 100 (white) a 1/2" wool.  I don't think they carry it any longer.  I thought I had some around here somewhere.  If I find it, I'll let you know.

ginger

Hi Ginger,
I think you are right.I seem to remember looking at something similar a while back.The pictures on Edinburgh import are not very clear but the fabric may be similar.
I will just order some and see.
Diane xxx

nettie scotland
Website
Acipenser wrote:

Hi Diane,

I just checked bearcountry.uk and they have several cotton plush types and white wool plush. Is that not the same as yours? Admiral-bears.com (in uk) has cotton and probear.com has both wool and cotton fabrics.

Hope this helps.

Hi Sabine,
Thanks for lookingThat is where I bought it from but they have no more at this length.I have emailed them and asked for their supplier.
Diane xxxx

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Hi Di,

haven't a clue about your fabric but oh!  your bear looks so huggable and soft and i would love to curl up with her and take a little nap-  she is simply lovely

the other di

Board footer