Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Pijangibears Pijangibears
Denmark

Is there anybody, who can help me, how to add eyelashes.
I have tried several times. but it wouldn`t work. bear_angry
I have tried four different glue, and it will not stay on, and the lashes got stiff.
I used the plastic eyelids - and it was difficolt to put them on.Does anyone have a good
idea. :
I will be very happy, if I can solve this problem. bear_smile

Hugs Birgitte

Dilu Posts: 8,574

DSC01514-2.JPGI bought my eyelashes at CRs Crafts.  I needlefelted the socket and put in the eyes, then put the smallest amount of magna tac glue on the strip using a needle and with the eye lash, cut to size in tweezers in ,y left hand and another pair of tweezers in the right hand I placed it in place-I'll get a pic posted

I tried making my own from mink and it wasn't worth the headache

dilu

clare14 Country Bears
England

Good on you all for doing eyelashes, I bought some, looked at them, thought about it, and sold them again!!   bear_laugh  bear_laugh

Good luck Birgitte, let us know how you get on!!   bear_original

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

I stick mine on with pva...then any excess can be be rubbed off after...I apply them with a pair of tweezers and a needle and then hold each end in place while it dries for a few minutes...
hope this helps
xo sarah

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

Yep I do the PVA too.
I apply it to the eye usng tweezers and then glue the eye back using a glue equivalent to your magna tac I think.

ScottBear scott's bears

What is PVA?

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

white glue or wood glue.  I think it is also referred to as Elmers.

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

I bought eyelashes as well and they just sit in the box LOL... I tried but they were too long.. made my bear look, well,  not very innocent  bear_whistle LOL

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

KIm..Human lashes are too long and way too big..You can cut them on half...use the part that goes nearest the nose..the hairs are shorter.

I have never had much sucess with making eyelashes stick to glass ! It will work if you first make a base  eyelid out of ultrasuede that will cover the upper part of the glass SLIGHTLY  that is....  if you need the eye to look more  wide open...

If you want an eye to look more sultry lady like, you wioll need to pull the lid down more onto the front of the eye ....now.in eoithetr case  the lash will glue on easily to the very edge of the ultrasuede. and stay there.

The only other way I have seen it done is to glue the lash above the eye right onto the mohair...kinda tricky...oh and I saw some artist bears done by ? years ago...she used mink and would cut a small piece out to fan out above the eye...Winney

Denmark

I will thank you all for the good idea´s, but I want to have the lashes on eyelids of plastic or rubbergum or leatherband.

I have seen it on bears from www.patscraftsfurbears.com but can`t get it to stay on.

I have tried it on ultrasuede, and it worked fine but it wasn`t the look I want.

Do you know what I mean.

Hugs Birgitte

Dilu Posts: 8,574

ooooyhhhhh
scott, new Avatar piccy, lovely..

dilu

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

FFF_INTRO_Queen.jpgHere's a photo Birgittie of a bear where I use white horse tail hairs to create eyelashes.

Each one is placed individually about halfway across the upper eyelids with tweezers.  It was a pains-taking process but I liked the results.

Denmark

Hi Judi

Oh she is beautyfull. :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

What kind of glue did you use?

I have eyelashes in a long straight line, made of mink. But the eyelids I have, is made of plastic or rubber.

But the look in your bear is what I want to achive.

Hugs Birgitte

Denmark

Bambis-camera-018.jpgThis is the eyelids, I have - if you can see them.

Wasuitore1600 Posts: 1

Extremely useful looking onward to coming back again. bear_smile.gif

Board footer