Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

lbbears Wind Lake. Wisconsin

Hi Everyone:

I am trying to do a new design and I would like to have the bear have a bigger tummy, so far my muslin pieces are being sent into the wood burner. bear_cry
Is there a way to add more material in the tummy area without making the back bigger?  Hope this made sense, I am on the way to the wood burner again bear_wacko
Thank you
Laurie

Deb Upstate New York

Make a four piece body.  Fattest bears ever!

Hi Deb
Thank you.  Back to the drawing table
:hug:
Laurie

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

A 4 piece body or big side darts in the 2 piece body would work.   Good luck.

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

You can also draw the profile of a 'potbelly' on the side piece... making the tummy poof out in the front where you want.  bear_smile

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

I think you can use a gusset, like the head, down the front for a bigger belly... that would be what I would do so then you use your two body pieces plus a body gusset bear_original

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Hello Laurie ,
I also use 4body pattern or 2body pattern with big darts.
Check out this great topic ↓
Sue Ann showed us how to create 2body pattern
from 4body pattern.  bear_smile
http://www.teddy-talk.com/viewtopic.php?id=3681&p=1

Good luck ! bear_thumb
Hugs/Marie

Thank you everyone for the ideas.  What I have going so far, is I am trying a three piece pattern.  The Front  has a V cut out down to apx where the legs join, and the back has a smaller V cut out on the top  bear_ermm   so I guess you could say this is a four piece cut funny bear_wacko   I am using two different colors of Mohair, white and then I dyed some  of the white to a light color, with a slight silvery green cast to it.  (I used Rite dyes forest green and pearl gray).  The front V, back V and the muzzle are white, the rest of the bear will be the green color.  I have the front and back sewan together and like how the white is matching up from the front to the back. But, I would really like a bigger tummy, so I think I am going to try Kim's Idea on the gusset, maybe make another V shape gusset to blend onto the bottom of the front.   bear_cry
I may be doing this backwards, when I am finally happy with the body, then I can move on to the head, arms and legs  :pray:
Have a great day
:hug:
Laurie

Board footer