Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

MKinsey/TBF Teddy Bear and Friends
Lancaster PA

MKinsey/TBF Editor of Teddy Bear and Friends

princess-mcturq.jpggund-booth.jpggund-yulebeary.jpggund-goober.jpggund-jointed.jpggund-snuffles.jpggund-newfabric.jpgThough Gund is no longer doing their collectible lines—more's the pity—they still have great designs and great fabric. (I always see a new plush fabric when I visit them.)

- The new fabric this year was on "Dillon." It's wavy almost in stripes. And, of course, very soft.
- "Snuffles" is celebrating its 25th anniversary this year with a light pink bear. It's very unusual for a company to keep one bear design in the line for so long. The only other one I can name for sure is NABCO's "Muffy" (though there certainly could be others).
- A new jointed bear…something a bit more formal and traditional than the floppy guys Gund has been focusing on for about five years. Maybe if it's really popular, Gund will reconsider their collectible line. (We can dream…)
- Here's "Goober" with his TOBY Industry's Choice Award.
- The 2006 Yulebeary…you saw him here first!

A quick swing by the Princess Soft Toys booth. This small company is in Minnesota. This year they're introducing a turquoise blue Scottish terrier named "McTurq." The name and tartan are based on a real Scottish clan, with the colors changed to suit Princess's purposes. There's a whole family of turquoise terriers. A cute alternative for kids who don't want to do the pink poodle thing.

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

bear_wub  I admit to having a soft spot for Gund, many of my childhood bears having been a Gund  bear_wub   Its soooo good to see Snuffles going strong!  I think the appeal is the range in sizes, children can easily clutch this comfort bear to take on trips, and older collectors can hug theirs and remember the good ole days as well  bear_grin

LOVE that shocking turquoise Scotty!!!  Now there's something you don't see everyday.....

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original I didn't know Gund had changed gears. I used to buy the most wonderful, realistic stuffed wildlife for my kids--skunks, otters, tortoises, an aviator bird. I've still got most of them. Let's hope they change gears again!

Eileen

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

I also bought Gund toys for my children and they still have them today even now they are grown. The big brown and cream bear looks so much life my son David's loved teddy.

Hugs Jane  bear_flower

Board footer