Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

MKinsey/TBF Teddy Bear and Friends
Lancaster PA

MKinsey/TBF Editor of Teddy Bear and Friends

HANSA-GIRAFFES.jpgHANSA-rhino.jpghansa-smblack.jpghansa-panda.jpghansa-black.jpgfolk-seal.jpgfolk-peacock.jpgI'm so sorry I didn't get to post yesterday. There are no words for how tired I was. All I can say is, it's good to be home.

To start: pictures from Hansa and Folkmanis, since I didn't snap those on Monday. For Folkmanis, we have the new puppets, a harbor seal and a peacock. I know most of us don't collect puppets, but these are really gorgeous examples of design and workmanship, so I thought you'd enjoy them regardless.

With Hansa, I just wish you could all walk through their booth. It's hard to appreciate how large and detailed and wonderful the work is just from pictures.

- Cub-sized black bear
- The biggest panda is life-sized, the rest smaller
- Fabulous small bear (maybe 2' tall).
- Small rhino stands about 3' tall.
- The giraffes absolutely towered over us. The tallest one is 18'!

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

bear_shocked Oh my stars n stripes!!!!  bear_shocked   The attention to detail and craftsmanship in all of these pieces is just amazing!  I think the fact Folkmanis makes puppets is even moreso worthwhile, as the creations can then 'come to life'.  I mean, just look at the expression on that harbor seal pup!   bear_wub

And the pieces from Hansa are just breathtaking... Look at all the details!  I mean, they even gave the giraffes black tongues!  How cool, and totally correct is that?! 

I'm so glad you've arrived safe n sound at home  :hug:   Rather like Dorothy, there's no place like home, but you oftentimes don't realize it until you've been out travelling  bear_happy

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original  Mindy,

These critters are worth the wait! Wow. They're amazingly detailed, and their facial expressions are wonderful!
Thanks for hanging in there, and I'm glad you're home.

I hope you're taking some time off, and eating lots of catch-up fruits & vegetables?

Eileen

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_shocked  And look at the contours on that rhino!!  bear_wub

Eileen

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

My word they are fantastic, just look at that peacock, AMAZING! I couldn't choose a favourite amongst this lot, they are all soooo gorgeous!

Hugs Jane  bear_flower

Just Us Bears Just Us Bears
Australia

Mindy,
I have so appreciated the wonderful pics and descriptions you have taken the time to present to us over the past week. It takes a long time to resize pics and upload them individually and I'm sure time is precious to you. But rest assured it has all been well received. :clap:
What gets me is...these wonderful designers that work for Hansa and the likes....they are so clever and yet no-one would know their names. Guess they do it 'cos they love it... bear_thumb

Board footer