Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

One gold medal for France in women biathlon!!!! :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:
That have not happenned since 1994!
So now we have 2 gold medals!!!

Yeah!
Congrats to our French Athlete!

Another French woman, Sandrine Bailly is 6th!

:dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Bravo for France!!!  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I want to say, "Hooray!" in French, but don't know how.  All I can say is, "N'est pas ouvrir la porte d'arret du train," which I probably didn't even spell right, and which has nothing whatsoever to do with women, biathlons, OR the Olympics.

But.. HOORAY! anyway!

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Just to teach you, Shelli: hooray translated in French is : hourra.
and the right spell for "Do not open the doors before the complete stop of the train" is: "Ne pas ouvrir les portes avant l'arrĂȘt complet du train". bear_cool

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Ahhhh... merci! :)

I never took French in school and my understanding is that it's one of those languages where, to spell it correctly, you really have to STUDY it... much like English, which makes no sense whatsoever, in terms of phonetics.  Which one would think should be spelled:  FO-NE-TIX.  See???

And I knew you'd get a chuckle out of that "ne pas ouvrir" thing, Sophie; it's what every train on my Eurailpass travels had printed on the door!  But I got the gist of it, which is, don't open the door to a moving train! 

Do people actually NEED these instructions???

We have printed instructions on coffee cups here in America nowadays -- ever since someone actually sued, and WON, because their coffee was so hot it burned them.

Our coffee cups, at places like Peets, etc., now read, "THE BEVERAGE YOU ARE ABOUT TO CONSUME MAY BE EXTREMELY HOT.  PLEASE USE CAUTION."

And on blow dryers, it actually says, "Do not place in water."

Who DOES that???

Anyway, back on topic...

"HOURRA to FRANCE!!!"

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

These strange instructions, which are so obvious for uss may be there to remind some either stupid or just in the clouds people to be careful or whatever I guess...

In England, we can read and ear "Mind the gap" in every underground station, again and again...

Anyway, it is so good to have some nice medals. What makes that particular medal so important is that no one excpected Florence to be on the podium, hehehe!
so all reporters just got so excited about it!
Out of that, they consider it as a catastroph when one athlete presumed to get a medal did not reach the podium!!!! Poot athletes must have such a huge pressure on their shoulders because of reporters...

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Board footer