Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Dilu Posts: 8,574

I would love to know how you did those little toesies.....is it beyond the scope of our site here to do a basic lesson?  Maybe not all your tricks but just the facts Ma'm.?

Inquiring minds and all that.......or if you would rather is there a particularly good book that delves into toes?

Dilu

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

Dilu, this is page one and I can't find who you are talking to...did you sleep OK last night ? LOL

I had  a strange dream last night ; I dreamed I worked for the FBI and Werner came in and said ; " I am Sorry but they don't have any water. We have dug holes down all over the place  and there's  no water ".
I have not a clue to what this dream means...LOL, Dilu is Winney  going Wonkey Bonkers ?....Winney

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

Dilu,

Until SueAnn gets back to us, check out

http://www.edinburghimports.com/archives/

Under Artist Tips, there's a sectiion on Sculpting Personality that covers toesies. I haven't tried it yet because I'm all out of thread-that-does-not-break, but it looks good.

Winney,

Your dream sounds familiar. Have you by any chance been reading Eliot's The Wasteland? Or have I been transmitting something beyond silly posts your way? :D

Eileen

White City, Oregon

Eileen ...I havn't a clue, LOL...I have not been reading that book.

Dilu, on the toes a great book to look at if Jennifer Laings" Making Teddy and His Friends" It has so many neat techniques in it, with each animal she teaches a new technique....Winney

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Thanks Eileen for the web site....I'll check it out.

Winney, wonky bonkers Winney, this is in response to Sue Ann's wonderful new bear-He is double jointed and has the most beautiful toes....And she was wondering if the toes and joints made enough of a difference-most of us thought they did....find the post honey cuz those little fat toes are to die for!  And they made me feel like learning the procedure.

Interesting dream.....stretch out on the couch and tell me about all the horrible things that mom did to you.....:lol::lol::lol:

Freud had some good ideas, but...not everything is mom's fault....poor mom ;);)

Dillydallydilu

White City, Oregon

OK OH yes...I did respond to the bears toes...I like them, not everyone can do toes real well but she does and I really like that double neck joint...sure makes for more different poses....Winney

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Whoa . . . seems like I missed a response here.  I certainly would be very pleased to show my way of doing toes and double joints, but I would be lost in trying to write the procedure . . . it really needs to be a show and tell session.  I do recommend Jennifer Laing's book Constructing Teddy and His Friends for clearly illustrating how to do both techniques.  If you have any questions after looking at that, I'll be more than happy to try to answer them. bear_laugh bear_laugh

Board footer