Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

JanetandBears Janet Ann Anderson and Bears
Breckenridge, CO
Website

Hello all......  I just thought I would warn everyone sending out their bears to be very smart.  Do take all precautions,  insuring, delivery comfirmation, etc.
            I have heard of packages getting lost in the mail but thought it would never happen to me because all these years all the bears I have mailed have arrived safely.
         I just had a special one of a kind expensive bear not get to the new owner.  I did insure the package and have all receipts and did everthing right EXCEPT.  I wanted to save a little on shipping so did not insure to the full amount   (less about $100) So, I don't know how much I will get from the PO on my claim and it will take up to 60 days they tell me.  I will make the customer a new bear but it won't be the same and I feel very upset about my bear being out there in the COLD world.. and LOST!!! 
      HOpe this will save another bear,  Janet

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

That is so horrible Janet and you would think that with insuring the Bear, that it would arrive at the
destination safely. Can they not track the parcel?  What Country was it going to?
I sure hope that it turns up either at the intended destination or returned back to you.

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

That is soo sad! All that work and effort and who knows where that little bear would be?? I hope everything turns up while you are trying to sort it all out.

Thanks for the advice though, I'm very bad about not getting insurance. Try to keep it cheap for my customer, but I guess it's not worth it.

Soo sorry Janet  bear_cry

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Oh Janet don't say that I am waiting on Matilda getting the bear I posted off to her last week. I would have thought it should be there by now...... fingers x'ed

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Don't give up hope yet, Janet.  I have had, and heard of others, having the mail misdirect a package.  It still may turn up or end up being returned to you.

It just figures, though, that the one time you insure for less...it appears lost ....at the moment.

I did have a package get lost only once...to the state right below us, Illinois.  The post office was really fast about getting me a insurance check for the amount it was insured for.  As long as you have your reciepts you'll be okay.

Best of luck...and give it a bit more time.  Fingers crossed it will show up.

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

I've got my fingers crossed that its just in mail limbo... poor little bear  bear_cry   If you've got delivery confirmation, can they track it via that number?  I do hope he'll turn up for you...

JanetandBears Janet Ann Anderson and Bears
Breckenridge, CO
Website

Thanks gals for you thoughts about my lost bear.  It does not look good because this bear was mailed in mid Dec so it has been a long time.  My customer did not notify me that she did not get it until mid Jan.  because of the Christmas rush, they went on a vacation etc.  Anyway, I did file a claim right away and just talked personally to someone at the PO this morning to see what was going on as I had not heard anything for weeks.  They can't find it and the tracking number does not show at the PO I sent it too.  (it  only went to the next state   ..NE)
      So nothing to do but wait now and I don't want to send a replacement until I have the insurance money to cover myself again. 
      Janet

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Awww Janet,  bear_cry

Its an awful feeling to have one of your kiddikins go astray.  I am so sorry.  Hope things work out in the end.  I just had a package arrive that was mailed jan 17th......So maybe  there is still hope?

dilu

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

bear_cry Oh that is a shame!  bear_cry   How on earth can you lose a package if its only going to the next state over???   bear_sad  Maybe the Christmas rush has it shoved in a corner....I did have that happen years back.  It was quite literally a box shoved in a corner, and they managed to find it for me once the seller and I started tracking it....nothing wrong with the address or anything... so perhaps there is hope still...

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Sooooo sorry, Janet . . . what a huge bummer!  Fingers crossed that the bear shows up at some point!

Board footer