Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

I've just been sent home from work as we have severe weather warnings in the bays where I live- the strong winds are meant to start from later this evening but I had to take my glasses off when I got off the bus or the wind would've done it for me.  bear_tongue

I live in on the opposite side of the harbour from the city - round a narrow winding road - it will possibly be closed tonight as the strong winds are combined with very high tides leaving not uncovered road to drive on.

I'm not planning on leaving the house tomrrow - all in all a perfect bear making weekend!!

zemeski Posts: 434

Melissa- 
I hope the weather passes quickly. I'll remember you tonight in my prayers.

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Wow Melissa, that sounds really nasty, keep safe.  :pray:

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Keep us posted if you can and STAY SAFE!!!

Wellington, New Zealand
Website

oh - now I feel bad....I don't feel unsafe - our extreme weather is nowhere near extreme as the US weather - no snow or blizzards - just very strong winds and a few earthquakes now and then...and people may not be able to get in or out to their homes for a few hours.

I'm looking it as a positive - a perfect excuse for doing nothing but watching tv and sewing bears!! 

Al least our cables are underground so power and phone won't get cut off!!

Bonnie Mountain Dreamer Bears
wooly woods of Missouri, USA

Sounds nasty Melissa. bear_shocked
I hope it all passes quickly and turns out to be nothing serious, just a good excuse to stay inside and make bears! Keep safe and keep us posted!

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

Melissa it must be coming off of you straight onto QLD!  Some of the houses they built close to the beach are under threat as the seas are eroding the sand.
Enjoy your time bear making.

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Melissa, what fun!

Somehow I just love storms, and having to stay shut in. And you're right, the perfect chance to get some serious bearmaking in.

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

Friday afternoon. I've just had my breakfast, then the gym. Lunch, then bear making too. Yay its Friday, soon comes around. We had loads of snow yesterday, our country can't cope with it, you'd think we would by now. Have a good day Melissa.

pandamac 'EmBears
Northern New York State
Website

Melissa, sounds like the perfect time for bear-making.I kind of wish I had some weather to keep me locked up and bear making....the problem is, if we have nasty weather, the power may go off, causing it to get very cold inside, and no power for lights or sewing machine..........BUT! I would have fun with a storm keeping me inside. Stay safe and have fun making...... :hug:

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Aaahhhh sounds like perfect couch-potato-bear-sewing -time bear_thumb .......  Have fun and stay safe! :hug:

lemmonbears Lemmon Bears
Oregon Coast

I love a good storm! big waves on the water...
as long as everyone is safe in their homes.
Joan

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

I'm another who loves storms...especially storms on the beach  bear_rolleyes   Have a fun weekend of teddy bearing!  :dance:

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

I hope that the weather was not too wild, Melissa.
Trust you got lots of Bear making done.
Our weather is lovely up here but I heard on the news that they
have had to cancel the swimming section of the Iron Man race
down in Taupo.

I hope that everyone is having a great weekend - whatever the weather!!!

Hugs
Carolyn

bear_flower

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

I hope all is okay Melissa...I keep thinking you are from Aussie land!  lol  Have to remember not.  We don't have too many storms here in Adealide but I love them when they do come as they are mild and fun. 
thinking of you
xo Sarah

Wellington, New Zealand
Website

woohoo - Sunday morning and there is NO WIND  finally - well not one that'll knock you off your feet anyway.  It wasn't nearly as bad as they predicted - just a bit hairy to drive around the road at high tide which I didn't have to do. 
They did cancel the ferries for a few sailings and it was VERY choppy.  Two bears finished off and still a whole day of my weekend left!

The heavy rain never arrived - which is what usually causes the problems.  At this time a couple of years ago there were a couple of big weather "bombs" here - can't remember technically what they are but something to do with highs meeting lows.  A couple of houses were destroyed by slips and the roads were closed a few times. 
I so need to move!!

thanks for your concern

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

:dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance: Yea . . . so glad it wasn't as bad as it could have been!!

Board footer