Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Expo2.jpgLook at what I did today!  I went bearphernalia shopping at one of the largest antique shows on the west coast....The Portland Expo!!  There are 1300 antique dealers at this show.  The July show is even bigger at 1700+ dealers!!  Even wearing my comfortable shoes....my feet are killing me.  My husband shares the pain with me three times a year.  (March, July and October)  Even with him helping scout for me we were there over 7 hours!!  Ahhhhh, but look at a sampling of the goodies we hauled home...... :dance:

A doll trunk with tray, Easter basket, 12 dresses, 1 slip, 3 hats, a german compo doll, 4 sterling baby spoons, 1 whistle, 2 pin backs, 3 pretty pins, a brass teddy bear button, 2 lockets, 4 watch cases, 1 four leaf clover charm, 10 vintage posies, 4 lace collars, 2 doll umbrellas, 4 german Easter eggs, 1 sugar egg, 3 assorted boys shirts (not as great a day for the boy bruins), 1 teddy bear growler (who knew you could find teddy bear supplies at an antique show?), three pearl necklaces, a tin cup engraved "Charlotte", and lastly a pretty little china tea cup stamped Russia on the bottom.  I thought of you, Julia, when I bought this pretty little cup.   bear_wub

I'm exhausted so I'll chat more tomorrow.

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Looks like you got some wonderful things! Lucky you  bear_grin

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

How wonderful Aleta and yes your Bears will be very spoilt with all those treasures.
Can't wait to see all your beautiful  Bruins dressed in their finery!!!
Very lucky!!!

Hugs

Carolyn
bear_flower

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Aleta it sounds as though you have had a wonderful day ...nothing more I like doing than to spend a day at an antique fair ..Do you have the same problem as me though, I can't bear to part with my finds once I get them home .. I try all these lovely things on a bear and end up taking them off and keeping them for another bear .... bear_whistle  bear_whistle  bear_whistle

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Awww Aleta, what a beautiful antique treasures !  bear_wub 
You are definitely spoiling your bear !  bear_grin  bear_grin

Thanks for sharing the pics !!  :hug:

plushkinbear BEAR ME SHOOTKA
Vladivostok, RUSSIA

My godness, Aleta! I wish I could go to that store with you!  :hug:
Those wonderful things with a long history will make fabulous accessories for your unique bears!  bear_thumb  bear_wub

Than is so nice of you to think about me..  :redface:
All those goodies sure make your bears even more unique..

hugs, Julia :hug:

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Wow, what I a wonderful "shopping" day you had ,Aleta  bear_wub   bear_wub  That kind of tired is the most wonderful kind.

So,I'm just wondering ..... when I come to live in your work room , do I get to share all your wonderful treasures as well ?  :pray:   :redface:   bear_grin

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

WOW what a treasure trove! Your bears are truly going to be posh with all these lovelies  bear_happy   I love going through antique stores and finding the right 'finishing touch' but I've never found treasures like these....I'll have to come watch a pro in action  bear_flower

Portland, Oregon
Website

Thank you for peeking in everyone!   bear_flower  My feet have recovered and I'm thinking about going back again today!!   I wish you could all join me.  It would be so much fun......then again, we'd all be fighting over the same stuff.   bear_shocked Nevermind!!   bear_tongue  bear_laugh  bear_laugh

Aleta

Jill West Palm Beach, FL

Aleta -

What a great day you had.  I would love it if there was that large a show in Florida.  Absolutely lovely things you have purchased.  I think I mentioned to you before that I also look for the watch cases for vintage Christmas Ornaments.  I see you even found the smaller ones.  Good for you and I cannot wait to see what you do with these treasures.  I am green (a soft Eastery green) with envy.

Jill

vkallum Humble-Crumble Collectors Bears
Essex, England
Website

Ooh Aleta - what a wonderful day you had - all those lovely things.  Your bears are very, very lucky indeed!

nettie scotland
Website

Isn't it great to have a justification for bying all that lovley stuff.Sounds like my kind of day out.I just saw your picture for the first time,what a lovely wee face you have !!!
Diane xxx

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Wow . . . I'll say your bears are spoiled!!  Lovely treasures you came home with, Aleta . . . and I want to go with you today!  What a ton of fun!!!

Sandi.S. Posts: 1,277

Oh, I can just imagine how much fun you had! Your treasures look lovely. We had a really huge antique shop just a couple miles away and they've closed down.  bear_sad  I could spend hours piddling around in that place.

Portland, Oregon
Website

I had another great day yesterday.....bringing even more wonderful treasures home.  I really must share some of these treasures instead of keeping them all for myself.  I'll try to post a few little bearaphernalia goodies on my web site later in the week.   bear_original

Aleta

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Aleta, you just answered my question!  My  niece and I are always checking your website for "bearaphernalia" and there is never any thing listed.  We drool over you pictures but were wondering if you were going to list anything in those categories.  She is an avid "antiques" hound and I send her the picture you posted with your finds for Saturday, and I think she is still boo-hoo-hooing that there isn't anything like that around here LOL! We will keep watch for any updates.  Thanks!

Hugs,

Brenda

Tracy ThimbleBeary Originals
Iowa
Website

bear_wub Aleta, you found some wonderful treasures!  I'm so jealous! bear_grin

:hug:
Tracy

Jill West Palm Beach, FL

Aleta,

I also have checked your website now and then for bearaphernalia.  You will probably have a friendly riot on your hands when you do have treasures available.

Jill

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

Wow, you got a lot of stuff!  You're definitely spoiling your bears.   bear_original

Board footer