Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Meri Bears (UK) West Sussex, England

family-126.jpgfamily-122.jpgfamily-124.jpgfamily-118.jpgcherry.jpgCould Spring finally be here in England?  bear_flower

I'm guilty of not really venturing out into my garden over the Winter unless it's to hang out washing. But it is such a beautifully sunny afternoon here and my girls are riding around on their bikes for the first time this year. It really feels like spring has sprung.

I love it when the garden starts to get some colour as it looks so pretty. I took a few snaps.
Does anyone else have any pictures of the first splash of colour. It would be great to see what it's like this time of year in the gardens across the world. Please show us some of your favourite seasonal plants in flower bear_original Please don't make me jealous though bear_tongue

Megelles Megelles
Brisbane
Website

Wow!!! What a gorgeous garden Kate!!  Make me feel very guilty as mine has been very neglected in the last few months!!!  I wouldn't dare show it.  Here in Brisbane, we have had water restrictions here for a few months so it all is a little drab.  Hopefully the little rain we have had recently will green things up a little before winter.

Enjoy Spring!!!!  It is the best time of year.

Meri Bears (UK) West Sussex, England

Hi Lisa

We've also had a hosepipe ban in our area since last September. As the water situation hasn't improved they are soon to impose a ban on car washing, pond filling etc. The local councils have said that they won't be planning any flower displays and baskets in the town centres this year as they won't be able to water them. We are trying to save all the rain water we can in about 6 water butts, but they're pretty empty at the moment. bear_sad

:hug:

Acipenser Bine-Teddies
Stockholm

Kate. I am so jealous right now.  bear_happy Not only don't I have a garden (just a balcony), but spring hasn't arrived yet at all. Winter was sooo long this year and there is still a lot of snow everywhere. It is sunny today, but snowed yesterday. No green anywhere, though single flowers have been reported from sheltered spots. I'm packing my bags to come stay with you until spring has arrived here  bear_tongue  :hug:

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Beautiful garden, Kate!!

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

What a wonderful picture of Spring Kate thank you for posting them ... your garden is lovely

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

aerial-beach-lighthouse-habour.jpgaerialview.jpgbaldhill.jpgWell the weather down hear is starting to get cold and the yard is not that good but here is a few picture of the place where i come from .The first pics is baldhill overlooking the coast  the next is the aerilview. i live just under that big mountain in the second pics .

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Gorgeous, gorgeous, Fran!!!

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Kate - pictures from my garden - surely you jest!  We just got rid of our snow this week.   I thought I had done well to have cleaned up the front garden this week, as we had some unusually warm weather, but really - flowers in bloom ha ha ha!

Hugs,

Brenda

P.S. I'm jealous of your flowers lol!  Fran, what beautiful countryside!

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

Pretty pictures!   bear_original

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

Kate

I wanna come play in your garden!  We are supposedly heading into autumn here, but it feels more like winter.  And my garden is a scrubby patch of ground! 

Actually, we don't even have a proper autumn here (or spring) as the city where I live is surrounded by bush clad hills - my house literally is built into such a hill.  While it is beautiful and green, I grew up in a city that has four distinct seasons so your blossom tree is making me verrrrrrrry green eyed!!

beary_clairey Luton

Kate,

Your garden looks beautiful. I can't believe we live in the same country!!! My garden looks like a nuclear waste dump hence no piccies just yet !!!!

I don't mean to rain on your parade (he he get it) but I think those water butts will be filling up tomorrow !!!

Saw on the news tonight that some parts of Europe are flooded with the snow melting & heavy rain!!!

Claire

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Beautiful garden Kate - thanks for sharing the photos.
Also thanks for sharing your photos Fran, must be very beautiful where you live.

Tracy ThimbleBeary Originals
Iowa
Website

Beautiful pictures!! bear_wub ....................but totally NOT fair!! bear_tongue  bear_angry  bear_grin   Spring has barely sprung here and all I could photograph would be dead stalks from last year!! bear_grin   The tulips are starting to poke out though!!  I can't wait til my flowers are all in bloom again!

:hug:
Tracy

Laniebears Arctophilia
Shropshire UK
Website

BEAUTIFUL GARDEN Kate..
ID LIKE TO COME AND PLAY TOOOOOOO bear_grin

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

Your garden is GORGEOUS :clap:   It looks like a park!  But a water ban.....in England??? What gives???  I can understand in Australia....but rainy ole England??   bear_shocked

Fran your pictures are breathtaking ...and makes me miss living in Lincoln City on the beach... Ahhhhh...I can smell the ocean air from here  bear_wub

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original  Thanks for the pix, Kate!

Here in Ontario it's so long between springs that we tend to forget what it looks like.

All I've seen so far are a few weed-sprouts and tulip tops. The trees are budding, the robins (N. American Thrush-types) are running around preggers, but my little crocus bulbs came out and died  bear_cry

Eileen

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

Kate, your garden is gorgeous! It is wonderful to see the spring flowers, now I can't wait to see mine! but that will be another few weeks away....sigh..

Fran, what a gorgeous view! You said that it is starting to get colder...how cold does it get there in winter?

Board footer