Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

MKinsey/TBF Teddy Bear and Friends
Lancaster PA

MKinsey/TBF Editor of Teddy Bear and Friends

Thanks for your patience while I escaped the aliens and walked uphill, five miles, in the snow, to a computer, to upload pictures to you. bear_original (AKA, I'm on vacation in California with my family and it's taken a few days to get to the computer.)

Schaumburg was a blast. I really liked the new format: dessert reception and show preview on Friday, show on Saturday. Kellie and I ran around frantically trying to talk to everyone, snap pictures, and hand out magazines. It was fun. The show had fewer exhibitors than in past years, but Amber and Connie said the same number of collectors came through the door--so I imagine the exhibitors present did fairly well. The collectors seemed to be carting bags out by the armload, which is always a good sign for everyone!

So, on the theory that a picture is worth 1,000 words, here is a novel's worth of images for you.

Here are a couple of scenes from our adventure in downtown Chicago.
First, the Chicago Stock Exchange, which actually stretches across the highway:
stockx.jpg

We spent several hours at the Art Institute, a world-class museum. Here's the famous Seurat painting:
seurat.jpg

Finally, Kellie and I thought it was cool that police officers zip around downtown on Segways:
segway.jpg

Back at the hotel, Art Rogers taught a class how to make a bear necklace on Friday:
class1.jpg
class2.jpg

Here's JeoBEARdy, with my three vict... um, players, Barb, Donna, and Peggy:
jeobeardy.jpg

A scene from the dessert reception Friday night:
reception.jpg

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Mindy... I've been through all three posts!  Thank you so much for doing this!  and... for taking so many pics of people with their bears!!!!!  I LOVE those! 

With so many bear artists, I could spot one of their BEARS from across a crowded room.... But I could be sitting rioght next to an ARTIST and not even know!

Thanks for taking a wee break in your vacation to stop in and post these!

Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Wonderful! :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Yea, Mindy . . . you rock!!  Thanks so much for the superb report!

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Thanks again Mindy. The pictures bring it all to life. I just love the picture of the police officer on the fantastic wheelie thingy...looks so much fun. Our poor coppers (police officers)  either walk or have a regular bicycle or if they are really good they get to ride in a car.  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin

What is with the other guy in the picture...freaky...the lights and the sign from the plaza go right into his head... do do do do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hugs Jane.  bear_thumb

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

Thank you for all the pictures and notes.
Lynette

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

LOL Jane - we do things here that are quite like NO where else in the world!!!!

What is with the other guy in the picture...freaky...the lights and the sign from the plaza go right into his head... do do do do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This IS the Windy City, right? We move Fast! That's like a multiple exposure Mindy got.....

Enjoyed it immensely Mindy; brings back memories of the decide or so of exhibiting in my Hometown Show.

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

Mindy

Thanks for all the photos!  I am so jealous that you got to see the Seurat painting.  From my first year in high school to my 3rd year in university, I studied that painting EVERY SINGLE YEAR!   While I know in my head how big it is, it is hard to get an indication of size from a picture in a book - your photo, complete with people gives me such a better perspective.  Still won't be able to fathom that that painting is completely made from dots until I see it in real life.

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Mindy everything looks great! Thank you for all of your time and hard work! We all appreciate it so very much!

hugs Louise

Board footer