Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

wombatcol5uncropped.JPGwombatcol3.JPGThis is my first wombat. Is name is Colin & he is 7" tall. He is also 9way cotterpin jointed.& he has his wee collar with the Huggington-beare logo & wombat pin. I used the Sassy spotted for his foot pads. Nice fabric that.
He has an embroidered bees wax nose and a tiny teeny pink tongue. Which I got the idea from Kimberly because I didnt think I could do such a teeny tongue. bear_grin
Colin is also #2 in my bush baby series. & thses pics were taken with my new camera. I still have to get use to the editing program. These pics are so big.  bear_whistle I hope they look clearer to you all than what you had to put up from me before :doh:  bear_grin

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Cute...but I have to admit although I've heard of a wombat I really have no clue what one really looks like.  I suspect yours is simply much cuter!!!!   bear_wub

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Cutie critter, Wendy!

He looks very cheeky too.

The question is: how did you manage to put 9 joints???

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Pumpkin & Pickle Bears Pumpkin & Pickle Bears
East Sussex

Wendy he is GORGEOUS!!!! Wombat's are my most favourite Aussie animal......I'm actually currently trying to needlefelt one!

Chantell, here is a picture of a wombat - they are the most adorable things ever!...

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=h … n%26sa%3DN

WA

steveparishwombat.jpgREAL WOMBAT for you Shantell bear_grin

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original What a Great Little Wombat, Wendy!! bear_wub

WA

Gemma we must have been thinking the same thing at the same time. hahahahah bear_thumb

Thankyou for being gentle with me folks bear_grin I have actually made him for a wombat collector. bear_grin

K Pawz Guest

OH Wendy he is just so adorable!!! bear_wub Awesome job with the new camera too!!!

Hugs,
krista

bearkidz bearkidz by Marion Fraile
charlotte
Website

bear_wub Very cute idea, thank you showing us the "real Wombat" too!!!

New Avenue Crew New Avenue Crew by Debora Hoffmann
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Website

Wendy, he's a cute and quirky wombat, for sure!  Love him!

sarahjane Brisbane

He's fantastic Wendy and great pictures too!!!

Swan Valley Bears Swan Valley Bears
Penn Valley, CA

Aha . . . so that what a wombat looks like.  Well, yours is adorable!!!  I love the way you did his nose too.   bear_thumb  bear_thumb

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Hi Wendy, I think your wombat is great, I tried a few months ago designing one myself, and its not that easy.  :clap:

WA

Karen, you are absolutely correct. I stalled and stalled on making this one. bear_grin I was unable to see any personality in the critter. :redface:  Then I thought well if I can get his ears and nose right then the rest is entirely artist interpretation bear_grin  bear_grin 
The pattern needs tweeking. His shoulders are way too narrow and his neck needs to be a wee tad thicker.  bear_grin 
Give it another go Karen bear_thumb I would love to see your interpretation. bear_thumb

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

Great interpretation of a wombat..I had never seen one before except for a character called 'Willie the Wombat' when I was a child,I had know idea  what one looks like!!

Very creative!!!! :clap:

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Great creative, imaginative work, Wendy - as usual for you!!!

WA

thankyou Sueann. I find it frustrating...one moment I have no ideas and then the next , there is so much that there are casualties in the flood.  bear_rolleyes

Marion Acid Attic Bears
Versailles

So unique and adorable !  bear_wub

WA

I know exactly what you mean Ellen.  I think the only way to describe a wombat is a ...'stream lined hairy football on stumpy legs' :crackup:

WA

Okay Kitty!!! I caught you 'ere again have I? Loitering by my wee critter! go on scat, ya lit'l bugga.
:crackup:  :crackup:

WA

OK Kitty all is forgiven. Just loved that wombat sight. Thanks for bringing it to us. bear_grin  :hug:

Board footer