Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

bearsbyTracey BearsbyTracey
Wellington, New Zealand

Hi All

I am planning an overseas trip next year around this timeof the Year. :dance:  As you can see I live in New Zealand.   bear_original

I am planning to visit England, France, Germany, maybe the netherlands and USA.  As my husband will not fly, i have decided to take my oldest child Elissia , my 15 year old daughter with me.

This is going to be a real life experience. We are planning to be away for 4 weeks. bear_flower

Could anyone in the group help me with what shows will be taking place in Oct/ Nov 2007.  Also what are the places to see. I would love to catch up with members from our group while on holiday if that is possible. :doh:

Any help would be greatly appreciated bear_thumb

Hugs

Tracey

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Hi Tracy! I can't tell you about other countries but here in the UK near the end of October (29th this year) we have the Alexandra Palace fair in London. Then in November (11th this year) there is the N.E.C. fair in Birmingham. Both of these fairs are good ones to visit. How fantastic to be travelling with your daughter like that. Plan away and don't forget if you do go to any of the two shows that I told you about you will be sure to meet some of the Teddy Talk members.

Hugs Jane.  bear_thumb  bear_flower  bear_thumb

Wellington, New Zealand

Thanks Jane for that information.  It is greatly appreciated. bear_thumb
Do they have web sites so I can check out the 2007 dates

Hugs
Tracey bear_original

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Hi Tracey - There is the OctoBear Faire in Chicago, IL (Schaumburg really, just a suburb) USA on Oct. 27 & 28, 2007. Many of us participate or attend that one!!! It's a big show. Here is the website: www.abcunlimitedproductions.com

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

A must visit: Paris-Création 26 november 2006 in Paris France.
That's an international show of Dolls and Bears.

If you want the details, just PM me!

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

calabear Cala Bear Den
Winnipeg, MB

Oh Tracey, i'm so jealous, would love to join you with my best friend my 20 year old daughter  bear_grin My husband doesn't travel well either.  Here is one site to shows around the world http://www.creativedreams.de/news.htm.  It is called Creative Dreams in case you can't get through on the link.  It also has english.

hugs

Wellington, New Zealand

Thank you ladies for all your help.  I will go and check out all those show sites and start planning

hugs
Tracey

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Oh Tracey have a wonderful time.   :hug:

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Tracy: I lived in London England for three year and loved it. If you go to London,  you must see the crown jewels located in the Tower of London. Another to visit is the Victoria and Albert Museum. There is the famous Queen Marys doll house. It is a wonderful museum....

You will love it there. I hope you have a good time...As for the other countries. I defer to those who live there or have been there on vacation.

Michelle

Swan Valley Bears Swan Valley Bears
Penn Valley, CA

Tracy,
Where are you planning to go in the US??

Wellington, New Zealand

Hi Patti
Sorry for not answerin earlier , my 4 and 6 year olds have had the chickenpox.
I am not sur if I will be going to the US yet but will let you know if my plans change

Hugs
Tracey

Wellington, New Zealand

Wow Ellen
You are fantastic :dance: Thanks for all that information.  I will send you a personal email when I start getting the trip all together bear_original The places I will be visiting.  Maybe we can catch up and meet.  Once again Thanks.  I have 3 cousins that are living in London at present so they are going to show us around.
A Lot of New Zealanders do the big OE ( overseas experience) and head to the UK after thet have finished school.  I missed out so I am doing it now In my early fortys not my 20s.
Once again thanks all you ladies have been great

Hugs
Tracey
Hugs
Tracey

Wellington, New Zealand

Wow Ellen
What a wonderful person you are :clap: I would love to meet you.  I love your bears and animals that you make.
I have just picked up some brochures so I am starting to plan the trip.
Do you go to Euro teddy as I think this will be the biggest teddy bear show at this time of the year.
I am away this weekend at a miniature convention so I will give you a personal email next week
Many Hugs

Tracey :dance:

Wellington, New Zealand

Thanks Ellen  for all your help  :clap: and I hope we will be able to meet  bear_original i am really excited that I have coresponded with you as I think you are a fantastic bear artist :dance:

hugs
Tracey

Wellington, New Zealand

Hi  all  bear_original 

Will I am finally organising my big trip abroard.

Uk here I come. bear_thumb

My OE (overseas experience)
A lot of New Zealanders in their late teens early twenties head to the UK
This didn't happen with me so I decided to do it now due to having a few cousins living in London
It is now taking place late Sep early Oct.

I am trying to organise myself and daughter Elissia to get to the Euro Teddy show in Essen in early October
Also I would love to meet up with any teddy talkers. :hug:

Are there any teddy shows on at that time in the UK
Let me know

I am sooo excited :dance:
Hugs
Tracey

Let me know

puca bears puca bears

Tracey....Jane mentioned the show at the Alexandra Palace in October...she must have blinked a few weeks back (!) when it was announced that the show would be NO MORE....a great shame, but a sign of the times!
huggies
Maria

puca bears puca bears

Me again - just thought of something else which is well worth a visit - The Globe theatre (London, just south of the river) - it's the old actual Shakespeare theatre rebuilt, and is quite magical!
Wish I could think of more - I was born in London, many moons ago(!) but it's ages since I lived there!
huggies
Maria

Wellington, New Zealand

Hi Maria
thanks for all your help.
Hope to finally meet you at Euro teddy

Hugs
Tracey

Wellington, New Zealand

Thanks Ellen
You have been a great help and I appreciate everything you have done for me. 
Will pm you first thing tomorrow

Hugs
Tracey

Board footer