Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Peggy Lakeland Teddies
Bonnyville, Alberta

Hi. I'm a beginner bear artist. There are so many bear artists in the US and other countries and everyone is so helpful. I'm looking to join a local teddy group in my city. I would like to meet other artists in my home city of Edmonton, Alberta (Canada) or surrounding area just to get together and talk teddy, share tips and tricks, go on teddy bear picnics or maybe organize a coffee group once a month to show off our latest projects. Is there anyone in my area interested in this or is there already a group that I could join?

Teddy Bear Artists RULE!!

Peggy

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Hi Peggy! Welcome Hon! We live on an acreage near Tofield but unfortunately I don't drive. We used to live in Sherwood Park. Terrie from Terries Bears lives in Sherwood Park. I know we would love the same but I have not noticed others here from Edmonton and I have been a part of this group for almost 2 years.

The tips and teqniqes part of this forum is awesome for help or if you have a question on how to. I would be happy to help in any way I can. It is so nice to see some here from close to home. I have a few collectors from Edmonton but I am sure they don't make bears.

Hugs Louise

Peggy Lakeland Teddies
Bonnyville, Alberta

Hi Louise. Thanks for the offer of help. Do you make real fur bears? I'm anxious to check out your website and I will do that soon. I'm too new to have a website but some day I will. So, as far as you know, there is no teddy group in this area?

Peggy

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Your so welcome Peggy. As far as I know there is not. But I know that alot of collectors would love it. Had you thought of advertising in the paper and starting one?

We to date have not made real fur bears. I have a beautiful fur coat however in our studio that was a gift from Grandma for a lady in Calgary who has asked me to make her a real fur bear as a memory. I will be doing that after Christmas.

Hugs Louise

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

Hi Peggy,
There used to be a Teddy Bear Club in Edmonton back in the days when there were quite a few bear artists in the area - maybe 12-14 years or so ago. I know of at least 4 other current teddy artists still in the Edmonton area, and there could be more.  Louise's idea of running an ad in the newspaper might bring you some response if there is anyone interested in starting a club - I know I would be if I still lived there!  bear_grin  You might also check with "Bears and Bedtime" and see if they know if there are many artists in the area who might be interested in a club - don't know if they still put out a newsletter to customers or not??

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

Hi Peggy, I don't know of a teddy bear group in the area but Louise & Edie's ideas are both good ones. I am interested! It would be nice to get together with others interested in teddies.

Peggy Lakeland Teddies
Bonnyville, Alberta

Hi. I'm glad to see there is interest in an Edmonton group. I'd be more than happy to host the first "teddy bear picnic".

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

Peggy, that sounds great. I am looking forward to meeting you.

Peggy Lakeland Teddies
Bonnyville, Alberta

To the teddy bear artists in my area (Edmoton, AB, Canada), if you are interested in getting together for coffee to get to know each other, please send me an e-mail (my e-mail is on file). Also indicate what day/evening would work best for you. It will be our first teddy bear picnic!!

Peggy

Board footer