Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

kassiebears Kassie Bears TM/Creations of Mysticism
Oregon

Great article on Silly bears in the Teddy Bear Club International!
Congratulations Aleta bear_flower ! Well deserved!

Way to go girl!!!!!
:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

I am sure it wouldn't be the last - probably not your first article  bear_original
you know I think your bears are just wonderful!

hugs dear
kassie

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Congratulations Aleta that is great news...

sarahjane Brisbane

WELL DONE ALETA!!!

...... :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Sandi.S. Posts: 1,277

Wonderful news! I can't think of anyone who deserves it more!

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

YEA YAHOO ALTA !!!!!!! bear_tongue

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

Well Done Aleta...............your beautiful bears certainly deserve recognition - as do you me dear!

Ain't it nice to see the bears in print?

Penny  :hug:

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Oh Aleta! I think that is so wonderful Hon! Your bears are simply gorgeous and I am so pleased about your article as you are so deserving of being in print.

Hugs Louise

Pumpkin & Pickle Bears Pumpkin & Pickle Bears
East Sussex

Congratulations Aleta - you most certainly deserve it with your wonderful talent!  :hug:

chrissibrinkley Posts: 1,836

:dance:  :clap:  Congratulations Aleta!!  :clap:  :dance:

Your bears are absolutely gorgeous. Each reader will fall in love with a Silly Bear!

:hug:
~Chrissi

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Wow, that's great news.  Is this the magazine Penny's in as well?  All the more reason to look very forward to its arrival in the mail.

Congratlulations to you, Aleta, on a well deserved nod of recognition!

bear_flower

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Great article Aleta. :clap:  :clap:  :clap:   I knew they were your bears before even reading your name.  They certainly are recognozable and beautiful. bear_wub  :hug:

YAY! :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

:redface:  :redface:  :redface:  :redface:  :redface:  :redface:  :redface:
And I was doing so well, flying under the radar.

Bless your heart, Kassie.  This actually is the first article written about my bears.  It's only fitting it would be in an international magazine.  The greatest portion of my collectors come from the UK and Europe.   bear_original

I must say it's a rather odd feeling seeing my bears in print and reading about them from someone else's perspective.  Although I was asked to send in pictures and write a little description, I had no idea how the article would appear.  My goodness....when I read it, I felt like the Queen of Lace and Frillies!  It's a beautifully written article and I'm honored to have been asked to participate.

Thank you all for your notes and good wishes!!

Warmest and biggest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

P.S.  It just goes to show you....you can't keep anything on the down low around here.  The article was actually in the October issue.  I almost sneeked by!   bear_tongue

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

Ahhhhhhh, now i see Aleta...............i went through the November issue with a fine tooth comb and was about to PM you to ask where the heck the article was - now i know!
I just checked out the October issue and there you are!

Glad i'm not going blind or anything ha ha ha - can't believe this is the first time your bears have appeared in print though. Are you telling the truth miss? Or are you being bashful again?

Penny  bear_tongue

lemmonbears Lemmon Bears
Oregon Coast

Congratulations!! Aleta!! You make beautiful bears, they should be in print!! bear_wub

Joan

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Seriously.  This is the first article written about my bears.  My name was mentioned in the November/December issue of Teddy Bear and Friends (Thank you, John!), but no picture of my winning bear.  Besides that little sidebar......nothing, nada, the big zipperooney!  bear_original

I have to say though.  I haven't sent pictures into the magazines.  (Except for Toby and Golden Teddy entries.)  So, why would they pick me to do an article?  I've only advertised once in TB&F and that was in the TT issue.  I'm still baffled as to how TBCI stumbled upon me.  I'm perplexed and honored at the same time.   bear_original

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

East Sussex

I haven't even looked through my Oct copy properly yet and I've just bought the Nov issue today so I guess I'll be a busy girl!

Hey, now

I'M

going to be in the mag next month...they're doing a feature on the finalists of the BBAA and I'll also be doing a little ad for my website........isn't advertising expensive in these International magazines? I nearly fell off my chair when I was told the cost!!!! I had to go for the CHEAPEST option available!!!  bear_tongue

clare14 Country Bears
England

Very well deserved Aleta, it also means we were both featured in the magazine at the same time!!   :dance:    I haven't had a good look through the copy yet as it's getting shown all around the family and still isn't back with me!!   And we're onto the next edition already - time flies so fast!!! 

Well done you!!!   :hug:  :hug:

Bonnie Mountain Dreamer Bears
wooly woods of Missouri, USA

Big congratulations Aleta!  It's hard to believe this is the first article on your beautiful bears. you and they certainly deserve the recognition.

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

zemeski Posts: 434

:dance: Way to go Aleta!! I need to subscribe to TBCI magazine. I'm missing out on so many wonderful artist I'm ashamed to say. I Love reading the articles of all the fabulous artist here at TT and the out skirts of TT also. Ha! Ha! Party on with those Silly Old Bears!! :clap:

East Sussex

Melissa, I need to subscribe too but unfortunately they only do 1 or 2 yearly subscriptions which are paid for in 1 go - that works out quite alot of money!!! I DO subscribe to Teddy Bear Scene though because I can pay monthly by direct debit (and I previously bought the magazine every month anyway) - it actually works a liitle cheaper than buying it in the shops and it's also delivered to my door!! I just wish TBCI would do a direct debit scheme.... bear_ermm

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Congratulations Aleta!  It's about time the collectors overseas get to view you wonderful bears.

hugs,

Brenda

baggaley bears Baggaley Bears
UK ( nottinghamshire )
Website

Congratulations Aleta  :dance:  ,Very well deserved  :clap:  :clap:

Hugs
Vicki

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

To the Queen of lace and frillies,

That is brillant news Aleta to have your wonderful Bears in print.

Congratulations my Dear - your Bears are so really pretty and deserve to be in the magazines.

Hugs
Carolyn

:hug:  bear_flower  :hug:

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

WOOOHOO!!  That is FANTASTIC news!  Can't wait to see a scan!!  bear_tongue

Danni

New Avenue Crew New Avenue Crew by Debora Hoffmann
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Website

Congratulations, dear Aleta! :hug:  :clap: I hope this is just the beginning of many more appearances for the Silly Bears! bear_flower

Bear hugs, :hug:
Debora

Board footer