Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

majdle Posts: 130
Website

valasi.JPGHi girrrrls!!!
This is my newest creation - a couple in Vallachian costumes (as they would be for two unmarried people). And my very first open mouth!!!!
What do you think?
Magda

New Avenue Crew New Avenue Crew by Debora Hoffmann
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Website

Wow, Magda--they're so cute and have so much personality! Thanks for sharing their picture. They really make me smile. bear_flower  Great job on the open mouth, too!

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

I just love the open mouth!!!! those teeth are fab bear_thumb

majdle Posts: 130
Website

BY the way, I forgot to explain - the costumes are from Vallachia, which is an etnographic region in southeastern Moravia (the Czech Republic is divided into Bohemia and Moravia - they differ in many things). It has always been a poor rural mountain area, so the costumes are very simple. The Vallachs themselves are said to have come from Romania. And -as in anywhere else in Moravia - a popular form or entertainment was music and dancing. Each region has their own dances, but overall, the rules are prettymuch the same.Wreal_thing.jpghen a couple wants to dance, the boy has to walk up to the band, start singing and then clap his hands. The girls then decide if they want to dance with him or not (depending on his singing and overall appearance) and if they do, they´d walk up to him after he claps. Then they´d get into the position as shown in my bear couple while the boy is still singing. Then the band starts playing and they can dance.
So I NEEDED and open mouth for this singing boy:-))

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Beautiful bears Magdalena, the guy with the open mouth is great. I just love the way you have made his teeth, it gives him a great look.
Thanks for the explanation above...it is very interesting to read as I knew nothing about this before.

Hugs Jane.  :hug:  bear_thumb  bear_flower  bear_thumb  :hug:

Sandi.S. Posts: 1,277

I think your bears are fantastic! Wonderful work, Magda. It's also nice to learn something of another culture, which I would never know otherwise.

Board footer