Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

dimity1.jpgWell, i need feedback on this so any  opinions you may have please let me know girls.

I still need to add ears, finish trimming the chin and mouth area but essentially this is.........MY FAT PERSIAN CAT  bear_tongue

The finished cat will only be 9" - 10" high so the head is quite small but very very fat. I'm not used to using sythhetic fur either but i must admit that it is so gorgeousy soft and dense that i find myself hankering after buying a few metres of the stuff.

Here's Dimity...........

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

He looks so evil - like the cat in those Austin Powers movies. I love him bear_wub

Marion

Pumpkin & Pickle Bears Pumpkin & Pickle Bears
East Sussex

PenPen, he's fantastic! I can't wait to see the end result!  :clap:

Laurie Laurie Lou Bears
Norfolk

He looks great so far Penny-I want to have a go at making cats someday but I have just got to be brave enough.Dimity has the typical squashed up face of a persian bear_thumb
Laurie :hug:

KJ Lyons KJ Lyons Design
Seattle, WA
Website

bear_thumb
Penny,
Great job! Keep going, we need more cat designers  :clap:
Karen
KJ Lyons Design

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Didn't I see that cat in some horror movie??? :crackup:
Seriously thought, I'm impressed with your cats.
Giving it whiskers??

He looks so evil - like the cat in those Austin Powers movies. I love him 

Marion

Didn't I see that cat in some horror movie??? 
Seriously thought, I'm impressed with your cats.
Giving it whiskers??

YAY!!!! I think i have achieved the look i want  bear_grin  I really did'nt want to make a cute cat as i kind of like the naughty sly ones - especially persians - i have one of my own and she is, to put it politely, not the most friendly or cute cat in the world.

Yes Daphne...........it will have whiskers, hopefully!

Penny,
Great job! Keep going, we need more cat designers   
Karen
KJ Lyons Design

OMG OMG - REALLY KAREN???????  :pray:
I am so HAPPY
bear_tongue  bear_grin  bear_laugh  bear_rolleyes  bear_flower  bear_smile  :dance:  :bday:
Thanks Karen, i really appreciate you saying that Oh Great Master of the Felines.

Thanks to you all for the feedback  :hug:

Penny

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

Awesome, Penny! Where did you get his eyes?

Funny that you have a disembodied head and I have a headless body!

Tami E wrote:

Awesome, Penny! Where did you get his eyes?

Funny that you have a disembodied head and I have a headless body!

Yep, maybe we should get them together Tami - the way we are going it could be years before we get one single cat finished!
bear_tongue

The eyes are from Sassy Bears - they are so so beautiful Tami, pearlescent gold and very catlike. I can't recommend Sassy Bears eyes highly enough..........really quick delivery too.
They come in 4 colours - gold, brown, green and the most beautiful pale blue. Yummy.

Penny  :hug:

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

Thanks Penny! I need pearlescent gold as the cat I'm doing is a portrait of our long haired black beauty and he has shiny gold eyes.

You really have captured the a great likeness of a persian and aloof expression so many cats wear!

Marion Acid Attic Bears
Versailles

Wow ! What a cat ! You did a perfect job with this Persian ! :hug:

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Wow!  I think it's terrific, Penny!  No mistaking this for a bunny or a bear, and it has character galore.  Bravo!

K Pawz Guest

Awesome Penny!!!! I myself am working on a little orange and white Tabby at the moment!!!
I am glad Karen that you say we need more cats, I was worried that you would think we were trying to take over with all the cats of late :crackup:

Hugs,
Krista

KJ Lyons KJ Lyons Design
Seattle, WA
Website

Penny,
Two things- First don't let it bother you that some people think Persian cats look evil. I have a Black Persian cat (he was abandoned), and before I adopted him, I too, thought Persians had an indignant expression. But I have found that Persians are mushy sweethearts. Cats may not be everyone's "cup-of-tea" but there is a wonderful group of cat collectors and they are all over the world! These collectors are great people and very loyal! Let's face it, cats are wonderful; mysterious, graceful, beautiful and, frequently, artist' muse. Many famous artists and writers loved cats :angel:
Second, forget the whiskers. There is nothing that can match the realism of your Persian. I've tried. Cat whisker are tapered and all line up exactly on a cat's face. I guess if you are willing to spend a couple of days accomplishing this, it is possible. I've decided if famous cat sculptors have not included whiskers, it's OK for me.
Karen
KJ Lyons Design
http://www.kjlyons.com

Chowlea Bears Chowlea Bears

Evil - NO

Inscrutable - YES.

Brilliant Penny.  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

sarahjane Brisbane

Penny...fantastic..A little scary without the body but fantastic never the less!!!  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Penny.... WOW!!!!!  You have really outdone yourself!!!   :clap:

Thanks Girls  :hug:

Melanie - my hubby won't let me have anymore cats either (we'll see though - i always win in the end) he says they are too messy. He can talk!!!!!

Sandra - you are so right. Not evil at all, inscrutable is the right word i think.  :hug:

Shelli - well thankee Miss. Yep, i doubt whether it will be mistaken for either of those ha ha. I can't tell you how long it took me to finally get the look, what a nightmare!

Karen - you've settled it for me - NO BLOOMING WHISKERS  :crackup:  what a relief! ha ha

K Pawz Guest

I LOVE CATS TOO!!!! We may be on to number 13!!!! We foster for the animal rescue group that I work with and it seems like the ones that don't get adopted stay with us!!! I don't mind, and thankfully hubby doesn't either we have 3000sq ft and it is just the two of us and the critters so not too bad (our cats are all indoor kitties) Right now we have a cute little polydactyl looking for a new home, he is just a sweetie pie and gorgeous to boot, black and white with aqua eyes and a perfect black diamond on his nose I just don't understand why no body wants him bear_cry Winken.jpg And yes my current bear is named after him Winken!!!

Hugs,
Krista

sorry Penny no intention to high jack your post!!! just wanted to show cute little Winken

sorry Penny no intention to high jack your post!!! just wanted to show cute little Winken

Don't be daft Krista........there can NEVER be enough cat pics on here as far as i am concerned and i don't care WHO they belong to! Your Winken is beautiful.
:dance:

My cat now has a body and legs. Still no ears or tail or arms. Poor thing. Ears will definitely be last - they are my biggest bugbear, too big, too small, too high, too low - you name it i've done it ha ha ha

Thanks All - my kitty is now called Cornelius as it suits him (he's most definitely a boy) and he is loving the attention his head is getting. Gawd knows what he'll be like when he's got the rest of himself!

Penny  bear_tongue

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Penny, this persian cat head looks so realistic!

I cannot wait to see the cat once finished.
I will show it to my kitty!

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

K Pawz Guest

:hug: thanks Pen Pen

Hugs,
krista

Jennie Teddybears Sweden
Gavle, Sweden

Well that is one fantastic cat!!! bear_thumb  :clap:

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

Oh Penny....I love the disembodied head that is soon to be a cat! 

Until you re-gender assigned him I had decided that s(he) had a voice just like the cat in Babe.....mellifluous tinged with evil!  Can't wait to see it finished.

I had a flatmate who was freaked by my disembodied bear heads.....Cornelius would be sending her straight to the therapist!  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Pen he is terrific and looks so like so many of the 'bad' cats on cartoons and stuff.  Show us when your done!

Board footer