Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Your little blue Persian head is wonderful Penny.
You have captured the look so well.
They are the type of cat that one either likes or laughs at.
Having had Abdul, Gainsborough, Renoir and Hyacinth ( all deceased) We only have Louis now. I just love them even though they are so much work with grooming them.

Good  luck and can't wait to see the finished Sir Cornelius.

hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original He is Persian Perfection, Penny!!

I don't think Cornelius looks 'evil' so much as 'don't-mess-with-me-if-you-value-your-eyesight'. dangerous. 

He looks just past the confused/worried/kitteny stage(see illustration)--then the pupils go vertical,  the catitude takes over, and you've got some real felinity on your hands!

No whiskers? What about mane horsehair, which tapers to a point? Vision coming on, bear with me . . . sew horsehair to strip of cotton to keep it in line, tack ends of strip inside cheek, pull horsehair through with a tiny crochet hook. See why I get so little housework done?

sad02.jpg

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

Eileen...........................what a purrrrfect explanation for the expression  bear_thumb

I have already gone past the point of no return with this kitty head so maybe - just maybe - i will try the whiskers with the next one. I think there will be a next one but as i have'nt finished this one yet (it's still a blooming nightmare getting the body right) i can't imagine when the next one will be started!

As for the kitten pic........................SUPERB! I think i might have a go at this style of face next. Looks like it need a lot of lovin don't it? Scared witless the poor little thing.............what did you do to it missus?
:crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

Seriously though, thanks for the tip and the pic Eileen  bear_wub  :hug:

Nearly forgot....................THANKS FOR THE HALLOWEEN CARD EILEEN!!! Are'nt i awful? I only opened it a couple of days ago as i have been so busy and pretty sick with this cold/flu thing - i've got so many emails to reply to that i feel sooooo ashamed of myself.
bear_cry  :doh:

Penny

cat9.gif

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original Glad it was useful, Penners--don't worry, I'm in the same swamped and sinkin' boat. Midterms, aaarghh. bear_angry

I've been tutoring nonstop for weeks, can't even remember how many, and barely touched a scrap of fur. bear_angry

Forgive me while I

SCREEEEEEEAM!!!

That's better. The withdrawal symptoms are awful. bear_cry

Yes, yes. Little kittens definitely have that wandered look. It's fascinating to see them change from wandered to wily! You just do all you can to stay at the top of the food chain. bear_thumb

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

Oh just adorable, just beautiful.
Its all been said.  I used to have a persian.  And she was aloof would purr like crazy till you went to pick her up.
they are a cat unto their own.

Board footer