Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

bear_tongue I REALLY want to visit Yosemite National Park.............i have looked at paintings of it for years and with the advent of the www. i have trawled through all the websites sighing over the wonderful pictures of 'Half Dome' and 'El Capitan' mountains wishing i could be sitting there with a Gin & Tonic watching the sun set over the valley.
bear_wub

SO.............where in the world would YOU love to visit??????? Have you a hankering for Honolulu? A yearning for Yukatan? A Passion for Paris?

Post pics of your dream destinations girls............i feel a winter wonderlust coming on!  :dance:

Here's some pics of Yosemite to get you started.

Penny

halfdome6.jpg

elcap.jpg

mirrorlk.jpg

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

I'm coming with you Penny ! :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  I have never been to Yosemite National Park but it looks breath taking and awe inspiring.

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Penny, Yosemite IS breathtaking.  I've been there a couple times.  Once as a child and once as an adult and both times I LOVED it.  The mountains truly reach into the heavens. 

I've always wanted to go to Maui and not for the reason most want to go.  My friend Angie is from there and grew up on a pineapple plantation.  I'd like to go with her and just see it from HER view...eat the foods her family prepares and not the touristy stuff.  Other than that I've always wanted to head to your part of the world...the UK and see all the old castles and ruins and such.

pandamac 'EmBears
Northern New York State
Website

Paulet-Is-1.jpg1st-heli-2.jpgNeko-after-2nd-heli.jpgDefinately a visit back to Antarctica....... anyone have extra $$$$$ hanging around?  bear_original  Or, a trip to Alaska would be wonderful.

Roxanne Bear Paws by Roxanne
Odessa, Tx

Ireland.........

4.jpg
2.jpg

James and my favorite movie ever is "Quiet Man"
We always say to each other.......
Maybe someday........... bear_wub

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

benbulbencountysligo.jpgireland4.jpgcountycarlow.jpgPenPen,
     I've always wanted to go to Ireland.  There is such a familiar feel to Irish things and pictures, I'm sure I must have had a previous life there.    I bought a Celtic CD, and one song made me sob, even though I'd never heard it before - it's really weird.greatsugarloaf_wicklow.jpg
     Roxanne, we must have been posting at the same time - isn't it beautiful!

hugs,

Brenda

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

I think the most beautiful I have seen in a long time is about a 75 minute drive from my house up into the mountains. The Continental Divide in the Northern Rockies! It takes your breath away every time. Elev is 10,759

divide.jpg

Pumpkin & Pickle Bears Pumpkin & Pickle Bears
East Sussex

I's really love to visit Kenya to see the wonderful array of wild animals, but my most favourite place on earth is Venice - I have been there twice now and I could NEVER get bored of the place. Stuart took me there in September 2004 (it was our 2nd visit) and proposed to me on a gondola while going under the Rialto bridge bear_wub  :dance: . You could easily spend a day sitting in St.Mark's Square just watching the world go by....it is such a romantic and relaxing place......I absolutely love it!

Swan Valley Bears Swan Valley Bears
Penn Valley, CA

Penny,  Yosemite is as beautiful as your pictures.  I've been there a few times as we live only a couple hours away.  It is breathtaking.  Imagine . . . people climb the face of El Capitan and sleep overnight on these little cots that attach to the side of the rock ! ! ! !   They have a mountain climbing gear store there and I couldn't believe the things they sell to climb that rock.

The place I want to go is Tuscany.  hmmmmm . . . . someday.

Tuscany.jpg

chrissibrinkley Posts: 1,836

I'd like to see Scotland.  The highlands, loch ness (corny..but as a kid I was fascinated by it).  My grandfather was born there, my dad's first generation American, so it would be nice to meet some extended family too.  (Ireland would be the next best thing...isn't that all just too gorgeous???)
highlandsTT.jpghighlands2.jpghighlands3.jpghighlandscastle.jpg

:hug:
~Chrissi

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Oh, I'd give anything to go back to Ireland. The pastures, the old castles, the sheep, the shops all painted pretty colors on the outside, the FOOD... oh, the food is delicious!!! Nothing beats a full Irish Breakfast! Lots of rainbows! And the people... so generous and friendly. We visited on Easter holiday and didn't make reservations at any inns ahead of time as we were going to drive along the shore, stopping for the night when we got tired. There were no rooms available one night. We stopped for coffee after driving to every inn looking for a place. We asked the waitress if she had any suggestions. She said she'd be right back. We heard her make a call, she spoke in Gaelic. A moment later she gave us direcitions, told us we'd be expected and would have a lovely room. It was her mother's house and we had the guest quarters!!!! Anyway, I loved everything about Ireland!

If I had to pick a place I'd never been to before I'd pick Australia. I have a dear friend who lives there and I think it would be fun to see the wildlife there and just experience life on the other side of the world. :)
kinkface.jpg

beary_clairey Luton

Hello There,

Well I want to go to all your dream places, I want to go to Ireland, America, Australia and Africa,venice and even Scotland.

If any of you are coming to england though you must go to the lake district. I have recently been and was blown away that such a beautiful place was only a couple of hours away from us !!!

0.0_lake_district.jpg
lake_district.jpg

I would also like to go to China and see the Pandas.

panda280.jpg

Hugs

Claire

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

Ever since I was seven I have wanted to go to New England in the Fall ....followed by a trip up to Prince Edward Island to fulfill my Anne of Green Gables childhood dreams (despite the fact that I know it is touristy).....but New England in the fall is it for me.....unfortunately it's not going to happen in this lifetime unless I find me a sugar daddy  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

fall.jpg

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177
melissa wrote:

....but New England in the fall is it for me.....unfortunately it's not going to happen in this lifetime unless I find me a sugar daddy  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

http://www.teddy-talk.com/upload2/fall.jpg

Ha ha ha - you never know your luck Melissa  :crackup:

All the pics are wonderful girls, i should be ashamed of myself living in England and never having visited the Lake District, Ireland or Scotland. Is'nt it strange how we tend to ignore the beauty almost on our doorstep and jet off to countries thousands of miles away instead?

Antartica looks SO WONDERFUL Ellen and the Continental Divide is divine Tami.................2 more destinations to add to my list of places to go.

Keep the pics coming - love 'em!  bear_wub

Penny  bear_tongue

MKinsey/TBF Teddy Bear and Friends
Lancaster PA

MKinsey/TBF Editor of Teddy Bear and Friends

I'm going to make a huge loop: Prince Edward Island with Melissa (and my friend Kim, whose daughter is named Anne), then Tuscany with Patty, then the pyramids in Egypt with my son (whose room is decorated to look like a tomb) and a photo safari in Africa with my husband before coming home. That should only take, what, two months and, oh, $30,000?

*sigh*

Or maybe I'll stay here and get to work on the March/April issue.

Mindy

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

Of places I haven't been:
New Zealand/Australia
Japan
Antarctica
Iceland
see Northern lights

Of places I've been:
Glacier National Park in Montana
Alaska
Yellowstone (has everthing - lots of wildlife, geysers, mud pots, hot springs, mountains, forests) and Grand Tetons National Parks
Switzerland
Ireland
Norway

I love national parks in the USA.

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Awww Penpen,

The Hubs worked in Yosemite and we lived just south.  I wish for you the opportunity to go...

I was very lucky as a younger person getting to travel and live all over the world.

I have to say that when we come home, and drive in our funny little driveway and see our funny little house I am content and at peace.

and releived

But for all you who still want to travel I hope you get the opportunity.....it is a life changing opportunity-especially if you can live there for long enough to learn the traditions, culture, people

gollyhugs
dilu

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

broken.jpgmontana.jpgHi PenPen and everyone.  bear_smile 
Yosemite is truly breath taking !!!!
I would love to visit Montana(1st pics) and see the big blue sky.  bear_wub   

Tamil, you are so lucky !!!
I've been Colorado just once and went to
Broken Ridge(2nd pics)for skiing and it was really
beautiful.  I never wanted to leave there !!!:rose: 

hugs
Marie

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Would love to visit Australia and New Zealand.

bearlysane Melbourne, Australia

Having spent seven years in England and travelling half of the globe...I'm a bit like Judy Garland in the wizard of Oz (and Dilu)

There's no place like home.

Australia has it all...the beaches around Albany and the spring wildflowers of West Australia...the Great Barrier Reef...the mountains in the Great Dividing Range...Bright in the autumn...the diversity of food in Lygon Street, Melbourne...are to die for!

You can keep all the tourist destinations,

HOME IS WHERE MY HEART IS!

Hugs,

Board footer