Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

sarahjane Brisbane

Well I just had to tell you...even though it is mostly nothing to do with bears...

I HAD A GREAT DAY YESTERDAY....

Now that may not mean anything to any of you but it is the first really good day I've had since mum passed away 7 months ago,  Dad came to live with us then (wow has that been hard!!) nothing against my dad but with 6 kids room has been a real factor here....anyway he has now decided that he is ready to give it a go on his own and the very same day he decided there was a unit available close to us...at the right price in a block of units (4) with only elderly people in there and owned by the most wonderful elderly couple!!!  I couldn't believe it...yesterday they called and said he had been chosen to have the unit out of several applicants!!!  WOW...and if that was not enough

My son (12) has been awarded a scholarship for his first year of high school..all his first years fees are FREE..we got that letter in the mail yesterday too.....

Also....I have a pattern going into the next issue of Dolls Bears & Collectibles magazine and I got that finished yesterday too.....

I don't think I can take any more good news.......OK OK I take that back.....bring on the good news, I'm ready for it...:D:D:D:D

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

Good on you. :clap: Sometimes things come together, if you wait long enough. I've had some brill stuff going on as well, I can move house. Ask me a few weeks ago and things looked so different. I know how you feel, life suddenly looks better and you can see a way forward. :hug:

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

Yeah for your great news!!    :dance:  :dance:

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Congratulations all round Sarah.
I'm so pleased that everything is going well
for you.

Hugs Jane.  bear_thumb  bear_flower  bear_thumb

westga Posts: 12

Wow that does sound like a great day!! Good for you!! :clap:  :clap:

Densteds Densteds
Website

Hi Sarahjane,

Firstly my sincerest condolences for the loss of your dear Mum, that must have been one of the toughest thingest you've had to face.......From your Dad's perspective, I know how hard it is to lose a spouse, it's a heartbreaking long road to traverse, but it's such wonderful news that your Dad is now trying to get on with his life, I hope everything goes well for him in his new home and making new friends.
Congratulations for your little boy & for you, that's just fabulous having one of your patterns included in the mag...
I bet you're flying higher than a kite, you've had a tough run, and  now you well deserve all the good & positive things that are coming your way...
take care  :hug:  :hug:

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

Whow !! I love a good news day !!!! Enjoy !!!

sarahjane Brisbane

Thanks everyone...I have been so excited I'd forgotten what it felt like to feel truly happy....

Denise thank you for your condolances... from Dad's perspective it was even harder than usual as he had to relocate from New Zealand as well so his whole life fell apart suddenly (mums passing was very unexpected). I am really proud of him that he has decided to make this change as he suffers from bi-polar and it would have been so easy for him just to sit in one place and fall apart....  bear_original  He is really looking forward to this change.....and opportunity.

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

That is wonderful Sarah Jane - always lovely to hear good news.
May it continue for you.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

Just Us Bears Just Us Bears
Australia

Sarah Jane that is such wonderful news! I am so sorry about you losing your mum...that's gotta have hit so hard, especially with all you kids being so young. What a golden heart you have looking after your dad when your plate was so full already. The flat thing was just meant to be....and what a lovely thing to happen!
Congrats to your son too...bet that's a load of your mind!!!
Looking forward to seeing your project too!

Laurie Laurie Lou Bears
Norfolk

I am glad that you have had such good news Sarahjane-it must have been really hard for you the last few months  :hug:  :hug:
Laurie :hug:

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Awesome news, Sarah . . . I hope you have more days like that!

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Good on ya!  It sounds like a lot of long-overdue relief.  Isn't it nice when everything goes just right?  I'm happy for you; enjoy it!

Dilu Posts: 8,574

hooray for Sarah Jayne!!!

Wonderfull news and I hope it keeps up all next year too!  Congrats to your son!

Way to go to your Dad....

gollyhugs
dilu

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

That is great news Sarah Jane!! I am so sorry to hear about your Mum. It is nice that your Dad will be living not too far away but still be able to be on his own.
Congratulations to your son! and to you for getting your pattern into the magazine!

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Sarah I am so happy for you and your Dad. I hope you have many more days like it..

tinybear-dk TinyBear
Denmark

Hi SarahJane

That sounded like a great day.
Hope you´ll have lots of more great days.

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Well it seems life is dealing you a good hand.....Very good news Sarajane.

Michelle

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

i am so happy for your good news sarah!  well done to both you and your son  :clap:   and your dad, i'm so glad that he has found a place near by to you, that will be so good, for him and your family too.  huge hugs!!

Bumpkin Bears Bumpkin Bears
Antwerp, Belgium

Dear Sarah, I am so thrilled for you, well deserved happiness after what I truly can understand to be a very very difficult and bewildering time.  I hope the good things keep rolling to you  and your Father. bear_flower  bear_flower

Hugs
Catherine
xx

millie PottersHouse Bears
Ohio

A great big HOORAY! for the good news.

sarahjane Brisbane

Hi Everyone....Thank you all so much for your replies....It is still a great week and the sense of relief that I have been feeling this week is so hard to explain, to have so many problems solved at one time is just fantastic, I didn't really realise how stressed I was until some of the stress had lifted..... bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin

Anyway thank you all so much for your good wishes.... bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

bear_angry   I am so sorry I missed this thread!!!!  Anyhow, I am so glad things seem to be working well for you.  It's lovely to have a day full of wonderful suprises isn't it?

Congratulations!
Danni

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Fantastic news Sarah,  sorry to hear about your Mum :hug:

Board footer