Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

majdle Posts: 130
Website

Hey!
I went to check on my appartment yesterday and the location is cool!!!! It´s a small 2+1, just enough for me and two dogs. Yooohoo!
There were more surprises.t hough, this time of an unpleasant kind - my Dad bought me the place when I was in junior high and let my cousin, who was in college then, live there for decent rent. Everytime we´d replace some old furniture with new one at my Mom´s place, we´d put the old pieces to my cousin´s so that I would have some basic furniture once I get to move in there.
I called my cousing three days ago asking if she´d leave the old furniture there..well, she said she would, but when I came there yesterday, I found only four walls and nothing else. She´s taken it ALL. She knows I´m a student, she knows I have to work hard, nights and weekends to make end meet and she still did this. and then she invited me over to her new place - a beautiful 2 storey appartment. And then she proudly showed me her little brother´s room (he came to the city to live with her because he´s in high school here) - and guess what - it was all furnished with MY furniture. And then she said "well, my little brother has to have two beds, one here and one up there, so that he wouldn´t have to go up and down the stairs just to take a nap..
I was just staring at her with my mouth open...I mean, what the heck??? And then she said "well, there are nice pieces in the stores now..why don´t you buy some?"
I just can´t believe it. It´s all because I have the house and they don´t.
Later that night my "jewish Grandma" called - and guess what she said - she´d give me this and that and she asked me if I wanted any cash to buy furniture. Of course, I didn´t ask for any. I´d rather live in those four walls than take my beloved Grandma´s and grandpa´s money - it just made me see the difference between family and "family".

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Wow, you are not having much luck are you. How mean of cousin! Can't your Dad speak to your cousin and let her know that the furniture is for you and should not have been removed from the appartment. It is so wrong that she has taken the furniture for her brother, keep on trying to get it as it really comes down to theft.
Good luck with it all and enjoy your new home once have enough furniture to move in.

Hugs Jane.  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Magda: you are not having much luck lately. But...with that cousin of yours I would promptly tell her she has one week to move back the furniture or you will prosecute her for theft!

By the way, whatever happend to that mean spirited grandmother of yours who is wanting you to sign over the  house?

Michelle

majdle Posts: 130
Website

Well, actually, the whole side of the family is pretty rotten - I mean my Dad´s side. First of all - they don´t like Jews - and my Mom is Jewish. That means that I´m Jewish, too and so is my brother. Then, since I have the house, they hate me. When Grandpa was still alive (he was a cool person), he gave my Dad´s two sisters each quite a nice amount of money, so that my Dad would get to keep the house for him and his family. The two girls were even not HIS kids and he still did that to keep peace in the family. But that was some 30 years ago and now they want MORE. when my Grandpa died ( 1996 - I was in 6th grade then), they all came like a bunch of wasps to get whatever they could - he was a known sculptor, so there was a lot to take. My Dad got 1/4 of the house and my Grandma got 3/4. Then, my Dad left us when I was 16 and married another woman and SHE wanted the house (you see, it has a very good location) - well, she actually wanted more than the house - she keeps wanting my Dad not to pay a dime for neither me nor my little brother (he has to pay child support while we´re still in school). That´s when my Grandma decided to sign the house over to me - she was afraid that my Dad´s new wife would get the house and also that her two daughter might want to sell it and get some cash (my Grandpa never wanted it to be sold). She knew I loved my Grandpa very much and that I wouldn´t sell it, so she signed it over to me. My Dad´s side of the family hasn´t been nice to me ever since then. So no wonder things are happening the way they are.
I talked to my other Grandma - the Jewish one - because she´s who I talk to when I need advice and she said not to sign it back -  I haven´t done anything bad to my Grandma besides trying to avoid her, while she´d call me names (slut is the nicest) for no reasons besides a couple of relationships of mine that just didn´t work out. So I´m gonna fight for it. I have a colleague who is a lawyer by day and English teacher by night, so she will help me.
Dman it, I´ve got enough of those people. Now it´s even my Dad who´s complicating my life, because he doesn´t want me to move. He came home today and threw all of my stuff off the shelves and out of my closets, he was just furious and aggressive - but that´s normal for him. My Mom is still in love with him, so she lets him have the keys - he can come and go anytime he wants and I just don´t wanna live ion permanent stress just waiting for unexpected visitors. It´s time to move on.
When he came today, he was yelling at me why I - a head surgeon´s daughter - am ruining his name working as a common shop assistant in a toy store and teaching English...He said he was ashamed I was his daughter. But he can´t see how tired I am, he can´t see that I don´t have any free weekends and any free afternoons, I just go to school and work and go to school and work and that´s it and I make bears at nights, because I like that and don´t have much free time. He just keeps yelling he won´t pay for me if I want to live on my own. But I don´t give a damn. I´d rather die a wokraholic than live a second longer here with his constant visits. the worst thing is I can´t trust him. Today he helped me carry my stuff to my pad, all smiles, saying stuff like "screw the old furniture, I´ll buy you everything brand new..." but then he came for a "visit" while I was still at work and told my Mom he wouldn´t pay a dime and all that other stuff and then I came home and he told me, too. I´m really confused about it all and I don´t know what to think. Maybe there´s something wrong with me - I sure know I disappointed my Dad - I guess he didn´t want a daughter like this, but he didn´t want any kids at all (he was forcing my Mom to go for abortion and when she refused and both me and my brother were born, he refused to even pick her up from the hospital). I really don´t know.
But there´s a positive side to it - I know who the real friends are. Like Helenka - she was my teacher in high school and we became friends after I graduated. She gave me her old couch and armchairs - na charge. She wants to give me her old washing machine, too. No charge. Then there is my friend Tesil - he said "hey want that closet? it´s yours.." And then there is one family I consider my adoptive family who gave me a huge beautiful mirror and a table and a lamp...How come people who are supposed to be strangers are more like a family?

Kathleen Pa

Oh, it sounds like you are really going thru some tough stuff right now.  I agree with you that it would be good for you to move into your place just to get away from such a stressful situation.  You sound like you are a very motivated, hard working person with clear goals in your life.   ( and a maker of VERY cute teddybears too!) Keep your chin up!  I hope things improve for you soon. :hug:

Kathleen

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Oh Magda: My goodness, you have lived in a world of verbal and emotional abuse your whole life...Poor dear.... what can I say....You don't deserve to be treated like this. Getting out from under such abuse is healthier for you. Most families don't do this to each other. I hope you can shake off those those mean spirited family members and move on with your life. 

I wish you the very best...

Michelle

Board footer