Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

HI girls  - can i have some opinions on these cats ears? I have used a different method to make them and although the pic is'nt that great i think you will be able to see them OK. They look great from the back - very catty. It's the front that i am not sure about.
I prefer smaller ears for my cats but thought i would try some larger and more catlike ones out before making my decision...........i don't know if i like these or not, maybe i should save them for a bigger cat? This one is only 8 1/2" high.

help me out my dears bear_wacko

Penny

dido1small.jpg

fribblesltd fribbles, ltd.
Kalispell, Montana

Hi, Penny!  I rather like the ears---I like bigger ears on cats, though, so I may be biased.  Did you use felt for the inside of the ears?  If you did, you can possibly needlefelt some mohair tufts so that it looks like the hair that covers the opening of cats ears.  I think maybe what you're not happy with is the large expanse of smoothness that the ear appears to have, and that would fix it.

I actually really like this look---makes your kitty look more loveable, and not as ...nefarious as Cornelius!!  He was one bad-ass kitty!

I absolutely LOVE your persians!  Mind you, I'm partial to Siamese in real life, so me liking a Persian of any sort is HUGE!!!  bear_original  I especially like the bright skyblue eyes and pink nose this kitty has!

Amelia

minkbears Vintage Mink Bears by Kathy Myers
Lakewood CA
Website

Penny, I think that you are right. The ears seem to be a distaction to what is otherwise a fabulous cat!
But, I  also have to say, I don't know much about cats since I share my home with two crazy dogs.
Cool Cat!  :clap:  :clap:  :clap: ~ Kathy

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

Penny, he's an adorable cat! But I think the ears are a bit too big for him. They do look nicely done, though.

chrissibrinkley Posts: 1,836

Hi Penny,
I like the ears in this shot...maybe post a few more pics so we can really see them at some different angles?? This is ONE GOOD LOOKING PERSIAN YOU'VE CREATED!!!! wow!!  Just awesome! bear_wub

I think here they look about right is this pic. (??)
Unless my animals at home have oddly large ears?? Maybe they do and that's skewing my point of reference......your ears look about right to me...... MedTT.jpg   chaiTT.jpg   smoresTT.jpg

:hug:
~Chrissi

I have made a slighly smaller pair of lugs for the kitty and have used a lighter inner ear colour too - i think that makes a difference.
Amelia - i think you may be right, they need tufts.  bear_wacko  here i go again, more ears!

Thanks for the comments girls - i actually think you are ALL right, the ears can either look too large or just right depending on what angle you you look at them. As i am a terrible photographer i have to bear this in mind for when i take her auction pics..............she could look just like a bat if i am not careful ha ha ha

Here's a close-up pic of her anyway, i do quite like her. I will continue to try out ears and post pics for your delectation and perusal. sorry, i think i ate a dictionary today.

Thanks for the gorgeous cat pics - i wuv them all  bear_wub

Penny

didosmall1.jpg

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Amelia wrote: I absolutely LOVE your persians!  Mind you, I'm partial to Siamese in real life

Amelia: I too love siamese. I have three of them. I'll never get another breed again.

Penny: I like the ears of your first picture but after seeing the second one, I agree, they look great. Nice cat!! really nice....

Michelle

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Well Pen Pen

I love the fact that this kitty is en pointe. 

And I love the fact that he looks like trouble is about to explode all around him like a lightening storm.

and I love his ears.

Ears are so important

you can tell the mood by the ears....

given everything else about this cat I think I would reposition them, so that they are facing back, so that everyone will know that this is not a happy happy kitty,

but a Cat with opinions of his own, by golly, and ya better watch out or he'll tell yas how the cow eats the cabbage.~!

I'm sorry darling, but you asked, and well, he is so deliciously naughty looking, and he has a certain look in his eye that could denote a wee bit o pottiness, and

I know its a royal pain in the ar.....to re do the ears, but

I think it would give him a more rakish air......

gollygood grief,

be afraid
be very afraid of this cat-he means business

goolygollyhugs

he is special

dilu

sarahjane Brisbane

Well Penny I don't have any opinion on the ears but I must say I do

LOVE

this cat!!!!!  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Laurie Laurie Lou Bears
Norfolk

I love your cats Penny bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub
I think if I was making her I would have fur in the ears as it looks a bit too harsh with no fur but trim it fairly short as cats don't really have any fur in their ears.Maybe thats why she looks great from the back as she has the fur that side.I think the size looks ok too.Apart from that  she is great bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb
Laurie :hug:

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

I like the second set...can wait to see the next set hehe  bear_rolleyes  Gorgeous kitty!!!

Well here she is, all finished and a purrfect dancing queen  :crackup:

I am pretty pleased with her ears now - i used the second pair i made and have two pairs ready for other cats, that's if i can get the energy together to make them.

Thanks for all the comments and advice - i do take others opinions on board you know, it helps a lot to get second opinions.

Penny  :hug:

didosmallcopyright.jpg

Laurie Laurie Lou Bears
Norfolk

She looks great Penny-another best seller bear_thumb
Laurie :hug:

toadbriar ToadBriar
western massachusetts

extraordinary - you have really nailed the essence of a persian! Great job.

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

She is beautiful really beautiful.  persians tend to have smaller ears not because they are smaller but often the thickness of the fur makes them look smaller.
She is gorgeous.

Board footer