Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Hey Daphne,
     I soooooo understand what you are going through with the "tree" thing!  I put up our first tree in three years as we were always at our daughter's for Xmas and I couldn't see the point and last year we were getting the house ready for sale.  I used to looove decorating and all of the Christmas stuff, but the last few years, I 've just felt everything is too over the top.  I'd love to go back to a simpler time.
     Anyway, Christmas isn't going to disappear if you don't have a tree, so don't feel forced into putting one up, especially if hubby won't be there.  Selling a house is stressful enough!  I'm sending good thoughts and warm wishes that your house sells soon.  I'm sure it will pick up after Christmas is over.  Try and relax.
      I still have our chandelier and bannister to finish decorating and then I will post a picture. 

hugs,

Brenda

ConnieB Cincinnati, Ohio

Merry Christmas to all of you!!!!

tree_close-up_Medium_Web_view.jpg

b_Medium_Web_view.jpg

MKinsey/TBF Teddy Bear and Friends
Lancaster PA

MKinsey/TBF Editor of Teddy Bear and Friends

Here's our tree.
tree-sm.jpg

Note the bare bottom. It looked much nicer before this happened:
christmas06-sm.jpg

My cats seem to think the tree and its ornaments are there solely for their amusement!

Finally, here's the niche above my front door. The giraffes live there year 'round (suitably "dressed" for the season, of course!) Everyone else is just visiting for the holiday and will go home to their shelves in other rooms in January.
niche-sm.jpg

Cheers!
Mindy

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

HA!  Cats love Christmas trees in the worst possible way.  Mindy, I love your doortop shelf display; very cute and clever!

Toby your house is too pretty; I'm sending Mindy's cats over to wreak some havoc.

Everyone else; your homes look so warm and inviting and full of good cheer.  Lovely!

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Everyones trees and decorations are wonderful.  I still have to finish my chandelier and bannister, before I can post pictures.

Mindy, I saw your tree and had to smile.  We have two cats and neither has EVER bothered our tree BUT we have turned one cat temporarily into and indoor cat since we moved, and he is NOT pleased.  He seems to have picked our tree as a way to confirm the old addage "revenge is sweet"!  I've had to re-arrange the whole bloody thing, so nothing on the bottom is breakagle. Good luck with yours!

hugs,

Brenda

Laurie Laurie Lou Bears
Norfolk

I had to laugh Mindy when I saw your tree as my two balinese cats won't leave my tree ornaments alone and my tree looks like yours and by the time xmas is here theres not a lot left on it.There are more ornaments on the floor than any where else  bear_grin 
Laurie :hug:

Pumpkin & Pickle Bears Pumpkin & Pickle Bears
East Sussex

The trees all look GREAT!!  bear_thumb  :clap:

Connie, I am just so in love with your bears..... bear_wub

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

tree5dup.JPGHere's mine, sorry its so late, having computer shutdown issues due to the hot weather.  bear_sad  :redface:

I love everyones trees, well done. Congratulations.  :hug:  :clap:  :hug:

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

Thanks Every one for jumping in and sharing your trees, it has been GREAT fun seeing all the trees and some of the really beautiful homes. Don't for get to snap some shots Christmas morning  or when ever you get with family and friends and let us all share in the celebrations.Also if any one gets out riding around and you see some really beautiful lights share those also. I have a house in mind that is really cool, you won't believe it. Hope it photographs well !!! Any way thanks again every one for sharing bear_grin

angelheadhigher015.jpg

KJ Lyons KJ Lyons Design
Seattle, WA
Website

Mindy,
Did your cat happen to look like this  bear_grin Guilty as charged! holidaytiger1.jpg

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

I have seen that face before !!! Beautiful piece by the way !!!!

Some day I would like to get one of your cats. They look like ones I have had before  bear_grin  Dear hearts that have passed on  bear_cry

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

tree1.jpgChristmastree06.jpgI have a tree at last!  I went out shopping yesterday and when I came home, my kids had brought the tree in and decorated it!  Here it is.  I wanted to take night time pics when it's all lit up but was too impatient to wait until this evening!  The tree looks as though it's leaning, but it isn't, I think it's the photographer that was!! :crackup:

The trees here look so beautiful and Connie, your two bears look fabulous in their Christmas kit!

Daphne, Brenda, thank you so much for your kind words about the house sale.  It's been a stressful time and I am so relieved it seems to be reaching a conclusion.  The new house is lovely and I think we'll be moving around end January, beginning February.  Daphne, good luck with your house sale ... I hope you get good news very soon and can relax in your home again.   :rose:

Evening: have added pic of tree lit up ... next time please remind me to use a tripod!  :redface:

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Oh my gosh! What gorgeous trees and gorgeous homes. We have a tree and a bit of decoration but not too much!

hugs Louise

0a1aaa000aaa000aaa000.jpg  0a1aaa000aaa000aaa0001.jpg

0a1aaa000aaa000aaa0002.jpg   0a1aaa000aaa000aaa0003.jpg

zemeski Posts: 434

Here finally is my fishing Christmas tree. I use to deck out the whole house inside and out until our electric bill went up this Summer. I just can't see paying that much extra for lights when we need other things. I can enjoy everyone elses though without suffering a BIG electric bill!! :dance:
100_3013.JPG
100_3014.JPG
100_3012.JPG
100_3016.JPG

Pumpkin & Pickle Bears Pumpkin & Pickle Bears
East Sussex

Beautiful trees everyone!

Melissa, I love that you already have lots of presents under your tree - this year is the first year that we won't be putting presents under the tree until Christmas eve....my son, William (who's 18 months), is a bit of a monster and would tear the wrapping off the lot!! The gifts from family and friends are stored away in my cupboard out of his reach!

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

They're all trimmed so beautifully!!  Thank you for sharing your pictures.  Such wonderful Christmas spirit shines through those trees.   bear_original

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

This is my African Christmas tree, so far,

Lynettett_lights_on.jpg

tt_night.jpg

Lynette

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Wow, you all have such beautiful and unique tree and great homes.  I always love the trees that the kids decorate- so cute.  Lynette , I have never seen an African Christmas tree so thanks for sharing that.  It so wonderful- is it made of twigs ? 

Here are a couple of my tree pics, day and night.  I have my ornament from Patty right in the middle front , and a tiny little pink bear that I got from Dilu last year.

TREE1.jpgtree2.jpg

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

Well this is my African tree, we went shopping to get a nice fir tree, but all the nice ones had been sold. So I decided that I would use one of these "twig" designs.  The lady at the shop said that the nice ones had all been sold out in October already.

Somehow it seems to fit in better with the hot weather. We will still have a traditional christmas dinner,which sometimes seems silly, as often we will spend the day around the swimming pool, but we enjoy all the trimmings.

Lynette

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

The trees are all beautiful.
My bedroom is a bomb site at present.  I have presents everywhere.  But I can't put them out as Lauren delights in unwrapping them.  And as much as I like wrapping gifts the third time starts to pall alittle.
So in the bedroom they go so I can close the door.

I also normally decorate the outside but it didn't happen this year bear_cry BUT there is always next year!!

nandesign Posts: 361

Hi everyone:

Here are a few pictures of Christmas at our house...2006Christmas_Mantel-2006.jpg670Christmas_Tree_2006.jpgDoll_House_2006.jpg

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

look at all the fabulous things.  I can't do 1/2 as much as i would like as younf fingers would steal it.  Have enough trouble with tree ornaments let alone anything else.  But I hope to next year start doing up those beautiful villages scenes.

MKinsey/TBF Teddy Bear and Friends
Lancaster PA

MKinsey/TBF Editor of Teddy Bear and Friends

I love the notes about people's kids opening packages! My son is old enough to leave them alone, but those cats...
pkg-sm.jpg

Here are the criminals, by the way. They were watching the rainbows from a prism in the bathroom this morning -- I thought their choice of seat was funny.
cats-sm.jpg

Mindy

AndreaM Drea's Bears
Ontario

WOW! What amazing trees!
Lynette: I LOVE your African Christmas tree! bear_wub   I also adore the giraffe standing beside it.  Did he help you with the parts you couldn't reach? bear_grin

Nancy: I love your mantal.  I wish I had a fireplace, f only for the mantal.  There's something so festive about them!

I'll have to get my butt in gear and get some photos of mine up here!

Cheers everyone!

AndreaM

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Lovely photos of trees and homes, congratulations and Merry Christmas everyone.  :hug:

Board footer