Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Pages:
Gail Bear With Me Enterprises
Website

I read this warning on another list I am a member of so copied and pasted it here. For those of you who sell on e-bay beware!!! Sad to say she is Canadian
Hugs
Gail

Hi all
I have just found this about an emailer who appears to be wanted by the
police, be very careful.
Bearst wishes
Maureen
This is Genuine
mawspaws.com

EDMONTON SCAMMER INFORMATION************
(UPDATED 11/26/06) She's at it again! Below is another mailing address
and 2 e-mail addresses that she has used to scam yet another collector:
***LATEST INFORMATION as of 10/06:***

Names used:
Lyndsey, Lyn Jol, Lynn Moore, Ms E Kay, Tink, Tinkerbelle, Nic, Eve
Davis, J Davis, "L Davis," Evelyn Davis, Evenstar, J Scarlett, NE Avery,
BlackEvenStar, MS JOLICOEUR, "Ms DAVIS," Lee Davis, L. Kay, Scarlett
Davis, Nicole, Ms Avery, F. Kay (Frederique), Adrian Kay, Ms. A, Fran,
dee, Renee jd, R Davis, Elvish Girl

Emails used:
poppydancer100@yahoo.ca (new 11/26/06)
girlmojorisin@yahoo.ca
bluebird99@shaw.ca
curiousgeorge5000@hotmail.com
blueballons79@yahoo.ca
bboop004@yahoo.ca
ladyamalthea007@yahoo.ca
misstinkeybelle77@hotmail.com
evehummer@yahoo.com
Msfunkay@telus.net
blackevenstar79@hotmail.com
tinkerbelle004@hotmail.com
arwend77 arwend77@telus.net
misscaswell@shaw.ca
evelyne davis edavis@metcredit.com
Renee jd rdj007@hotmail.com
gked02@zero.net
mydestiny26@hotmail.com
roseyposey@shaw.ca
msedavis@telus.net
pinkpgurl@hotmail.com

ADDRESSES:

Lyndsey
Lyn Jol girlmojorisin@yahoo.ca
Lynn Moore
Unit 1692 37 st
Edmonton,AB T6L2R7
Canada

M Davi
4553 12a ave
Edmonton, AB t6l 3l3
Canada

DAVIS, J
1010 41 St NW
Edmonton, AB T6L 3N6
(780) 440-4070

Ms. Davis
5005 46 ave
Drayton Valley , Alberta
Canada T7A 1C6
[780 621 - 1654

Evelyn Davis
3404 18 Avenue
Edmonton, Alberta
Canada T6L 3C2

E. Kay
1692 37 St. NW
Edmonton, Alberta
Canada T6L 2R7

ebay ID's - Beebopgal, katsy99

Methods: Offers irresistable "too good to be true" deals - offering to
trade two dolls for one, etc.
May create a second ID to praise and recommend the first - sometimes
unasked.
May present him/herself as mother, long-time trader, very trusted in
some circles.

Police Contact Information:
Detective Ken Smith..TEL# 780-426-8200
Detective Mark Johnson FAX# 780-421-2286

--
mawspaws

AndreaM Drea's Bears
Ontario

What is s/he doing Gail?
Is s/he stealing dolls/bears from collectors????

Who would do such a thing? bear_sad

Thanks for posting this,

AndreaM

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Gail, I've PM'd you on this.  THANK YOU.

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Gail, thank you so much for this heads up.  You just may be the TT hero of the year!

many heartfelt hugs

dilu

chris009av Real Deal Bears

Thankyou Gail, it is so good of you to warn us of posible fraudsters.  bear_thumb

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

Gail, I have an order for this lady now. She wanted to do layaway and send the rest on Dec.13 th so I told her just to send money order on the 13 with the whole amount. She made it clear she would send US money order. She contacted me through Bear Pile and through either here or Edinburgh through PM.I can't remember which one now. That stinker !!!!!  Shelli.... do you know something about this ?

She placed an order through Bear Pile !!!!

K Pawz Guest

This is the same person that another Teddy Talk member and I dealt with last month and our very own TT profile

arwen

here is her address that she is using now...she sets up orders wants to do layaway, and then backs out...I think she is hoping somebody will send to her a bear without recieving payment first

Eve Davis
4553 12a Ave
Edmonton, Alberta
T6L 3L3

JODI I am soooo sorry fingers crossed that it works, but I have my doubts, pretty soon you will recieve an email saying she is sending partial payment, and then she will email saying due to unforseen circumstances she can't go through with the sale...maybe you should just contact her and ask her for full payment and see what she says???

I have also been contacted by her through bear pile as Pinkgurl, but didn't put two and two together
THANK YOU GAIL for posting this!!!!

Hugs,
Krista

Tracy ThimbleBeary Originals
Iowa
Website

bear_shocked  bear_shocked Yikes!!  Thanks for posting this Gail. :hug:  :hug: I haven't been contacted by this person, but will be on the lookout.

K Pawz Guest

I just tried to call to give them some updated information to add to their list, and that isn't the correct phone number for the detective...

Hugs,
Krista

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

Well at least if she reads these forums, and it sounds like she does by what she said to me , she will know we know now what is going on . But as long as her money order is good and she pays full price then I will ship a bear but the bank will watch it for a while and I will wait till they say it is good before I ship.

fribblesltd fribbles, ltd.
Kalispell, Montana

..it's not this person, right?

http://www.mawspaws.co.uk/

..those're really sweet bears..

Amelia

Laurie Laurie Lou Bears
Norfolk

Amelia-it won't be Maureen from maws paws bears as it looks like she could have just been caught up in the scam or is just trying to warn people.She makes lovely bears and shows at Hugglets and has a 3 page spread on her work in teddy bear times this month.
Laurie :hug:

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

The way I read it was that mawspaws (whom I do not know at all) was probably the person who posted this warning on Gail's other board.  I don't get the idea that she's connected to this in any way at all, other than to serve a reporting function.

dusty attic dusty attic bears
somerset

Hi All, I have had problems with this lady as well, she is calling herself eve and going by the e mail address of arwenhoney@aim.com she ordered Boomer my second kangaroo from me and said she did'nt use paypal. she said she would pay using instant bank transfer, i sent her my bank details and never did receive any money. Oh well , anyone want a kangaroo. bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

Yes thats how I understood it also. bear_grin  I guess it is a collecror.

bear_wacko

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA
dusty attic wrote:

Hi All, I have had problems with this lady as well, she is calling herself eve and going by the e mail address of arwenhoney@aim.com she ordered Boomer my second kangaroo from me and said she did'nt use paypal. she said she would pay using instant bank transfer, i sent her my bank details and never did receive any money. Oh well , anyone want a kangaroo. bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin

EVERY ONE DON"T GIVE BANK DETAILS !!!!

Don't give any information out to her.

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

I really don't want to stir the pot/incite a riot/add to any hysteria here, but just for the sake of complete disclosure, I want to add to this discussion that -- just this morning -- I received a note from a long-time Teddy Talk artist who was contacted by someone named "ARWEN" for a commission.  This TT artist wanted to know if I'd had dealings with "ARWEN," personally.  I have not, in the area of sales transactions.

I always believe a person innocent of wrong doing until proven guilty.  This case is no different.  But I think caution is warranted, given that we have some corroborating stories here from across several sources.

If you choose to proceed with a business arrangement with this person, my advice to you would be the same as it would be for ANY business transaction.

1.  GET PAID, ALWAYS, before sending anything
2.  Don't give out your personal information, especially financial information
3.  Keep your hopes high and your expectations low to avoid disappointment
4.  Have a backup plan in mind, in case your sale falls through
5.  Be sure to take on zero-deposit commissions ONLY if you think you can re-sell the piece should the commission sale fail to complete

Gail Bear With Me Enterprises
Website

Mawspaws was indeed the person who posted this warning on another site and was simply  reporting what she knew about her. Rather strange that the phone number is incorrect!!!!
Hugs
Gail

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

GOOD ADVICE

dusty attic dusty attic bears
somerset

Thanks for the advice, but i only gave her my account number and sort code, there is no way that she can take money from me .She should however be able to pay money in. I have used instant bank transfer before and it has worked fine.

K Pawz Guest

You can send the Kangarooo bouncing this way Chloe if your offering :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

Hugs,
Krista

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA
K Pawz wrote:

You can send the Kangarooo bouncing this way Chloe if your offering :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

Hugs,
Krista

Yes one would look good in my home too !!! bear_grin  :dance:

Mitch2052 Blue Valley Bears
Website

Thanks for the warning,
I have had an email from this person as pinkgurl but fortunately it has gone no further. How can one person have so many emal addresses??  bear_wacko
bear_flower Cheers Susan

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

bear_sad  No email from this person, but she did pm me about my latest bear, under the user name Arwen.   bear_sad   I do hope she goes away ~ far far away  bear_angry

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA
Mitch2052 wrote:

Thanks for the warning,
I have had an email from this person as pinkgurl but fortunately it has gone no further. How can one person have so many emal addresses??  bear_wacko
bear_flower Cheers Susan

Yes what is up with that ??????

Pages:

Board footer